Current Events Oda poor writing to portray Kid and Law the "Victory"!! Did they really beat Big Mom? Analyze!

Hello everyone, Chapter 1040 did come out today and we got saw the end of the fight between Kid and Law vs BM with the Victory Textbox:

Law and Kid took the victory, their crewmembers even call it over a defeat of BM:

Now to make it clear, Im not saying anything to Kid and ofc Mvp Law performance, they put anything what they had and really show good feats.
I don´t anything against them winning against BM, in fact I was even for a victory for Kid and Law but not with this outcome!!
They didn´t deserve such a false and bullshit victory claim, all three deserve a far better fight without one fraction been nerfed...

No one would criticize Oda for letting BM lose after she show anything in the battle(Like awakening+adv Co) vs Kid and Law who also show more then "just" awakening.
What Oda did with Kid was the most brutal thing which he done since ever(next to what he did to Sanji pre Wano).
Hint his CoC, but never show it, made him a rival of Luffy but totally fail to improve him, alone the fact that his own fans(Kid fans) are disappointed how Oda threat him but hype Law kinda proof it out.

Overall we have here 3 characters who never had any buisness and should fight in Wano.
In fact Law plan and goal was Kaido, Kid goal was Kaido, the same one who almost kill him, took his crew in prison, give Killer a smile df and used him as murder and toyplay for Orochi, Kid goal was always Kaido, like we have legit many panels who support this claim.

And what happen if 3 characters who not have any buisness to each other, fight each other?
Lacks of tension, lacks of buildup and development of characters,beating BM only gains more bounty and fame, but for own develpment their is no point.
Beating BM doesn´t give Kid his revenge which he had as goal against Kaido, for Law the same, his goal was always Kaido.
And BM even thought getting defeated, will play a role in elbaf when her "true" plot play out against Luffy who was already build up of Oda since fishmen island.

The fight feels like a filler battle, only made to give Kid and Law a huge boost in bounty for later.
In fact they "didn´t defeat Big mom on their own"...

Which leads to the another point of the this battle.
Kid and Law fought a BM who not just used awakening, no she didn´t even used her adv CoC who had his showcase against fucking Pageone:

How a Yonkou used such a power against Pageone but not Kid and Law?
Why Oda even show this against Pageone if he not used it later, what is the point of this?
People say,this would give Bm enough firepower, but she legit one shot Pageone, a ancient zoan in similar durability as Ulti.
Ulti could stand up after a combo attack of Hera,Napoleon and Prometheus, same fused power who BM used as last power attack against Kid and Law.
So if Adv CoC have enough power to put all down Pageone, why she didn´t used it against Kid and Law?
The attack is above G3, overall base punches of BM are pretty op, as we see against Capone Big father.
Adv CoC could play a huge factor, Oda could highlight it to also give Kid adv CoC.

Also BM didn´t showed up awakening, she has her df since 60years ago.
Yet one top tier who can do so much with her df, didn´t used awakening in this battle.
Neither awakening or adv CoC was a case Kid and Law.

Why I mentioned these powers?
Well im sure(would even bet against everyone here) and you can bet your ass, that Oda going to reveal these powers later!
Watch out when she face Luffy in Elbaf and used these powers,people will ask the question themselve again, why she didn´t used it against Kid and Law,they will
realize how much Oda nerfed her in Wano which is my point. This will underwhelmed Kid and Law victory(who is already a nonsense in my eyes) even more and will show people how much a fillerfight the battle was against Kid and Law.

That is overall Oda problem, he didn´t care for the plotholes which he creat with entering BM, wanokuni.
In fact that Oda didn´t even know himself what he really plan with BM, im pretty sure Oda first plan was a end fight with Luffy,Kid and Law vs Kaido, but he change it since he had BM here. The worst case is, rather to fight a all out Yonkou, he disrespect Kid and Law, giving them a ass writing victory which they didn´t deserve.
They deserve the same as Luffy(after all the build up which he made until we reach this point), a hell all out battle against awakened Kaido with adv CoC.

Which lead us to the another point, the "victory" of Kid and Law.
Here this is BM, hit by Kid strongest attack:

Neither Law or Kid attack bring even BM to her limits, what Kid just do her is no difference as what Tien did against Cell:

The attack didn´t really do much to BM, it just force her out, Tien who was far far weaker then Cell did the same, pull him back again and again.
Which shows that neither Law or Kid had enough power to beat her, all what they could was the put her away from the battlefield, kinda similar what Jinbe and Robin did in the begin of the raid.

Im not saying that it is not impressiv what Kid and Law did, but in the end and everyone know it, all what they did was the throw BM out.
Big mom was still fresh and could easily fight back while this is Kid and Law right after they throw her out.
Big Mom:

And here Kid and Law:

Law and Kid reached their limits, Bm still could fight, still could used her power.
Oda never gives us reader the feeling that Bm was at her limit, no he even show her in her last moments in the chapter with rage and epic speech for a later comeback.
This kinda show how underwhelming the victory is for Kid and Law.
I mean it is not even their last attack who give them "their victory", it is a fucking nuke bomb who seems be the case for Big mom lose"(yeah as a shiit bomb knocking her out, Idk what Oda smoke her but he is for sure not let us believe that a bomb going to beat Big mom).

BM took one bomb pretty easily, then she got a another bomb, most like in combo with Kanjuro last fire spirit skill.
First bomb:

Second bomb:

The first bomb just only give her a cough, probably not hurt her much, im pretty sure the second one also not knock her out.
But that is not now the point, the point is that Law and Kid got the victory, how Oda count this as victory?
For throwing her away count already as victory? Or did the narative really implied that she was out after the bomb?
In case the first thing wouldn´t be even that bad, a victory over throwing her away is not just bad, but as full defeat? Simple not.

The bomb could just fall in front of Law and Kid, they could be done too.
Would then Oda claim it as victory of BM?
My point is, the bomb clearly took the victory claim for Kid and Law.
We as reader feeling her like neither Law or Kid attack couldn´t do much to BM, if the bomb scene didn´t happen, she just would fall down and perhaps comeback pretty fast later. In case Oda should made it clear that the victory only point of out that Law and Kid just took the W via throwing her out.

Another point is, via the bomb scene, Oda implied that neither Kid and Law been enough, he extra need to add the bomb power to end up the fight.
I read many post of Kid and Law fans who kinda feels of getting screwed by Oda all over again.
Kid and Law victory feels underwhelming, even thought BM was nerfed, they couldn´t beat her own their own.
At top as I said, if she comeback in elbaf and face Luffy, showing far stronger attacks, this will lead to the point where everyone realize how much she got nerfed her and still Kid and Law couldn´t take her down.

As someone who kinda cares for powerscaling, I can´t wait to see the outcome of Luffy vs Kaido.
After we see how both Kid and Law been not enough to beat non awakened+non adv CoC BM, I can´t imagine for Luffy beating Kaido alone.
I hope Oda not mess up the end fight, @dizzy2341 bring up a good idea with a Strawhats vs Kaido fight, with I would prefer more then getting Luffy alone vs Kaido.

However the victory is pretty cheap and I see lot of Kid and Law fans are disappointed out the outcome.
I mean are they really happy how the fight turn out? It is neither Law and Kid attack who actually took the defeat over BM.
It is a fucking bomb, the outcome is pretty sad for a fight like this, not worth to call a top tier battle outside of Law insane feats, since Kid and Big mom where awful the fight(Big Mom endurance is still top over top, crazy endurance feats).

Overall we got a pretty lackluster fight with a nonsense defeat who should not call as defeat.
People will realize how bs this fight was when Luffy face off stronger awakened BM in elbaf.
Alone the fact that Bigger Big mom could still come out as "victory" even without awakening and adv coc how massive op the Yonkou are, I expect even a far better feat for Kaido later.

Overall im very disappointed how Oda handle the whole fight.
Kid,Law and Bm deserved a far better fight, a better fight with great tension and not this.
@Buusatan94 amd @dirtyLarry already pointed it pretty good in other threads.

Overall I want to hear other opinions about this:
@MonsterKaido , @Hanzo hattori , @zzShinichi , @mly90 , @Peroroncino , @Buusatan94 , @dirtyLarry , @Kejon , @DarkWitch , @Olimaat , @Jaguark101 , @Charlotte LinLin , @ReggieZoldyck21 , @Lukegranders , @Trafalgar_D_Law , @Law-sama , @Pantheos (sry if I forget other users)

I feel like the only realy fandom with the W coming out of this fight was the Law fandom, otherwise as Kid and Big mom fan myself, im pretty disappointed.

Already weakened Kaidou and yet Luffy need all strawhats help because Oda didn't write proper fight with Bugmom, Law, Kidd at this stage? That is after losing 3 times which Kid and Law didn't get. I am saying if that really happens, then it is equally worst or worse than this fight and Luffy can pack up and go back to east blue.
Post automatically merged:

And one more thing. Bigmom character arc is not over but Bigmom as a yonkou is done. Her reputation is already in tatters in WCI now with this she will be really dethroned. She will be involved in all other future arcs or even in the final arcs but no special arc will be there for her.

Lhulu

Tobidara Believer
Can't go against it, great thread @Tyki_Mikk.

I really thought Kid was going to awake his adv. CoC and knocked out BM with Law, however... They won, but didn't surpass her power. It's interesting to see weaker characters taking down a stronger one through enviroment/situation, but if the main theme of Onigashima is the New Generation surpassing the Old one, Oda wrote it dirty.
Even if he didn't want to use an "big asspull" for that fight, why not add Killer and Jinbe as supporters to help?

BM lost her throne, but the taste feels bitter.

--We don't even see whether BM is K.O.ed or not and even then the victory doesn't feels earned at all assuming you call this a "victory" to begin with in addition to the nerf in offense that BM received

--For example if marco comes from behind fuji in his ship and kicks him resulting in fuji falling in the sea -- Does it means marco defeated fuji? :seriously:

--Or jack using sleeping gas on BM what about that? Defeat like that is meh ; in battledom power levels matters the most and cheap victory doesn't add any value to that

--This fight felt like law flexing his abilities

--We don't even see whether BM is K.O.ed or not and even then the victory doesn't feels earned at all assuming you call this a "victory" to begin with in addition to the nerf in offense that BM received

--For example if marco comes from behind fuji in his ship and kicks him resulting in fuji falling in the sea -- Does it means marco defeated fuji? :seriously:

--Or jack using sleeping gas on BM what about that? Defeat like that is meh ; in battledom power levels matters the most and cheap victory doesn't add any value to that

--This fight felt like law flexing his abilities
Just because it is unacceptable in fanbase battlethreads doesn't mean it didn't happened. Btb who gives a shit about battledome fanmade imaginary threads

Law and Kidd vs BM process as following.

Fall the roof

Fall the Onigashima

BM did not even close her limit . That is why Law cut the misery . When BM falling , she is looking forward to come back area . But kidd and law dont have any attack power at all in that moment . That is why oda plotted kazenboo and bombs . At end of the day , obviously , big mom defeated herself with law and kidd help .

But oda plotted law as infinite staminia . This is really good for Law . Unfortunately, i cannot say same thing for Kidd. No haki ability was not shown . And his devil fruit is not inpressive .

I think it's kinda obvious to me that oda writing it intentionally that law that is MVP while kidd do less damage.

It has been hinted that BM approve that law's ability is dangerous while kidd is not. He always doubt if his brute attack worked. He only has raw arsenals on his disposal

Like luffy, kidd also got strength training in udon but he did not get the extra course about haki technique. So it's obvious kidd wont have what luffy has for now (do ryuo armament or CoC armament)

I think it's just his df really not effective to take down yonkou. Kidd really should have listened to to apoo and hawkins when they said yonkou is a different creature being. But thank god, law is listening and he is a doctor

I think for what happens next is that BM is saved by her children and kidd felt unsatisfied with his power. Then they will chase each other again

I cant care less about this fight, was from the getgo a comical fight with 0 tension in it, 0 consequence for both side with cheap so call hype move. 0 clash, 0 continuing fighting motion, static as hell so even for the anime fan is gona be trash. God Lord Oda you spent over 100chapters to bring shit climax (Zoro vs King is okaish not even that good) the rest is trash (all fights)

To be honest I cant care less about Wano arc. There are only 3 point keeping me engage,
1: I wanna see if Oda can close Zoro lineage factor aka bring a decent ending for shimotzuki
2: ZKK
3: wanna know more about the blacken blade

I have 0 hype for LuffyvsKaido due to the same shit in different manga (luffy Joybody - savior of the entirely bullshit planet - it so repetitive but Japanese author love that shit) I hope Oda doesnt go with the power of friendship bullshit that we saw in Naruto (cringe as fuck).

One Piece is really overhype due to:
- people have invested to much time into this manga and they dont wanna see it fail (which is happening).
- people are generating money when talking about this manga (so they dont want to lose revenue)
- people dont find good alternative to this mediocre manga

That the only reason I get for One Piece popularity (let be honest One Piece lost a lot appeal but is the manga that is most discuss).