General & Others Oden Flashback in Anime is canon. Approved by Oda and complements the Manga.

I've seen talks about the value of Oden's flashback in the anime. The flashback in the anime is indeed canon. Oda himself had approved of all scenes produced.

Thus the animated Flashback can be used a canon material when discussing the manga.

With that out of the way, pre-journey Oden is an absolute monster, pre-enma Zoro > pre-journey Oden.:zosmug::zosmug::zosmug:

@Marimo_420 will you do the honors?
Post automatically merged:

@Sword God Ryuma
Who is soulstorm?

I've seen talks about the value of Oden's flashback in the anime. The flashback in the anime is indeed canon. Oda himself had approved of all scenes produced.

Thus the animated Flashback can be used a canon material when discussing the manga.

With that out of the way, pre-journey Oden is an absolute monster, pre-enma Zoro > pre-journey Oden.:zosmug::zosmug::zosmug:

@Sword God Ryuma
That does not make it canon . Canon is source material which is what oda draws . Not an adaptation of what oda draws . The only thing that’s canon in one piece is the manga and sbs

That does not make it canon . Canon is source material which is what oda draws . Not an adaptation of what oda draws . The only thing that’s canon in one piece is the manga and sbs
Oda is overseeing the flashback in the anime, since Oda is directly involved, it makes it canon. Don't argue with Zoro hype.

Some what of a news person on OP twitter.

@Sword God Ryuma
They will make sure to have Oda's approval to draw an expanded fight. That doesn't mean Oda gave them insight on how he wanted it drawn, or approves of it to be part of the canon material.

Nice headcanon. You didn't even read the entire thread.
I did read the thread, and you are taking the comment from Toei out of context. They made sure to ask permission to extend the fight in the anime. That doesn't mean that Oda helped them with it, nor approves of it to be canon.

Do you have any idea how Anime episodes like One Piece are made? Just like the manga, on a week to week basis. Do you think that with Toei on a time crunch to get the episode completed, and Oda on a time crunch to get the chapter completed, both working 6-7 days straight, that Oda had any time whatsoever to gloss over storyboards, and sit down to give his input on how the episode should be made? C'mon, bruh.....

They asked to extend the fight, and Oda said yes.... That's it. Your blowing it out of proportion.