Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah sure. He landed two attacks on King (one named) and got him bleeding from his head. King used a no name slash and took off a wing forcing him to spam regen. Looks like a stomp yes, for King.[/QUOTE

That's cap since marco is also healing people long enough for chopper to make this antidote hence why he wants chopper to hurry up. So marco fighting commanders while continously using his devil fruit to keep other people alive

Can people stop with the X fans this and Y fans that?
Reading through this thread with those posts is freaking annoying
Imagine not only being a hard fan of a manga character but spending who knows how many time in a forum defending it while insulting another character and its fans. It's like these people have only consumed one work of fiction in their entire lives, because I sincerely can't see how a person with a big background of books, movies, etc. of quality can even be a "fan" of a character instead of simply seeing it as a mere concept that serves a role in a structured story.

The entire problem with this is, Yamato is already doing it lol. Sanji even questions who Yamato is. He has no idea there is a capable person protecting him already.

Even if he does, why does anyone want Sanji to babysit Momo? That would entirely handicap him in a fight anyway. The most I'm expecting at this point is Sanji and Yamato meet (que lovestruck face), he lets her know that Kin and the rest are in trouble. Depending on who that 10th person is, potentially Hiyori or Toki, its imperative that Momo stays with Yamato then while she protects the Scabbards and fights Jack, because he needs to reunite with his retainers and his family.
Yamato and sanji want momo to get out of onigashima. If sanji gets out that actually moves the plot in more ways then you know here’s why.

1. king wants momo dead so he goes after them after they finish handling Marco.

2. sanji getting outside would make him see the island is about to crush main land wano and he can notify the alliance they have to stop it or get out somehow

3. Momo can possibly stop the island so he can maybe stop wano from falling

4. There’s no way in hell the alliance isn’t informed on the island hitting wano before it hits (if it even does)

The plot actually moves with sanji taking momo

Why do you think that?

Oda been creating some striking similarities between the two. I don't see why King can't be equal to Marco and even beat him on a good day, especially when the man is tanking his named attacks in Base.

Katakuri is strong, but portrayal doesn't favour him, tbh.
I dunno, perhaps because Marco is dominating them 2vs1? It's clear that he's stronger than them individually.

No, Oda clearly showed the differences between Marco and King. At first we thought they're comparable in strength but now it's certain that Marco is much stronger. It's a high diff fight imo.
He's taken damage from Marco, clearly. Though, not as much as Queen which is impressive.

Huh? How does portrayal not favor him? The guy who was even hyped by Rayleigh? Based on what is King stronger than Katakuri?

In 1vs1

Marco beats the fuck out of King
It is the other way around lol the dude reached hit limits after fighting base King and zoan Queen who was clean before the sneak attack, ask yourself who damaged Marco the most the one who is using his sword now and pushed him back and made him bleed in zoan form last chapter or zoan Queen who wanted to kill Hyogoro :milaugh:
Hybrid King extreme diffs Marco
Marco extreme diffs hybrid Queen
Shiki fought Garp and Sengoku and destroyed half of marineford by this logic he is mid diffing Garp lol

Fair. Marco does have better portrayal atm, but we can't ignore the obvious direction their confrontation is leading too which is Marco's defeat....most likely by aid from Perospero
I simply believe that if Oda wanted to make clear thar King = Marco he would have had both fight 1 vs 1 equally for a while, then Queen/Perospero join and Marco starts losing. king still has things to show like hybrid, but as of now I have to rate Marco above.

The entire problem with this is, Yamato is already doing it lol. Sanji even questions who Yamato is. He has no idea there is a capable person protecting him already.

Even if he does, why does anyone want Sanji to babysit Momo? That would entirely handicap him in a fight anyway. The most I'm expecting at this point is Sanji and Yamato meet (que lovestruck face), he lets her know that Kin and the rest are in trouble. Depending on who that 10th person is, potentially Hiyori or Toki, its imperative that Momo stays with Yamato then while she protects the Scabbards and fights Jack, because he needs to reunite with his retainers and his family.
Yeah, i think the meeting will lead to Yamato going towards the Scabbards and fighting Jack and Sanji being put on track to fight Queen.

Probably Marco's defeat will create a dire situation that will require Sanji's intervention.

@rerere I was also thinking that the fight on the roof begins getting so intense, it slowly breaks the island apart while arriving to the Mainland. We've seen Zoro cut one of the horns off, for example. Something I thought about was that giant Katana lying around which Kid uses on Kaido, and the result is massive collateral damage. That's not even including some of the crazy things Kaido and Linlin might start doing in retaliation. The roof stability is starting to wane, too.

Only problem is how Oda manages the time frame. Can Onigashima reasonably be whittle down enough before it falls on the Capital?
I agree on the fact that Onigashima is getting collateral damage, it'l literally collapsing.
Rooftop: Zoro has cut the horn of the skull, the whole battlefield is a large amount of rocks and rubble, everybody is spamming really destructive attacks (remarked by the Live Floor too)
Live Floor: Oda shows us continous visuals of the stairs, the arcs, the towers, the balconies and so on.. all increasingly ruined/destroyed chapter after chapter. The place is a full battle of lord knows how much people. The big names (Marco, King, Queen, Jack, Drake etc..) are crashing everywere. Numbers already caused havoc and are probably (?) keeping at it
The place will be totally destroyed at some point, makes sense too.. destroying Onigashima and remove the castle and the skull as a symbolical show on victory
Will it happen by being split in half? I don't know, I think it will probably land in one piece (lol) and will be totally destroyed after that but who knows?
Now I'm imagining how Oda could transform this 'tragic' event in a 'proud' thing after the war: the mass of Onigashima would come back to life and be covered of pink petals and waists... destroying the weapon factories and everything that damaged Wano during this long years...
Is a nice scenario

Kidd and Onigashima sword?

Oh boy I'm calling it since day one
It will deal a lot of collateral damage

It's a cool parallel. I like it. 30 chapters for the actual war is pretty good. That would also make the exact 100 chapter mark of the arc (909-1008) if we moved on from there.

Though I'm curious. It still feels like Act 3 needs more buildup before the full matches. If it was 60 chapters (another 12 chapters), then we could fully solidify all matchups, finish the rooftop fight (if its meant to fail), and introduce any loose plot threads still unaddressed.

So I could see 15, 30, 60, 30, 15 funny enough. Gives the arc more breathing room.
I'm not into the 'raid will fail' thing, cause a total loss would mean start again with a new build up (we could easily reach 200 chapters) but I believe in the possibility of the SNs losing now, to get back and win after some 'healing' (Marco? Law? Chopper?...)
Will Act 3 end in 1008 or 1018?
Depends on the characters who need a matchup, on the enemies side:
- King
- Queen
- Jack
- Apoo (?)
- Hawkins (?)
- Perospero (?)
- Numbers (?)

On the allies side:
- Marco
- Sanji
- Drake
- Yamato
- Chopper (?)
- Heat, Wire, Bepo (?)

If Oda spends the next 2 chapters focusing in these characters only, he could make all the matchups and be back on the rooftop/outside view for the closure of the act.
But now that I think about it, it's hard to place all of them in 2 chapters knowing Oda.. maybe 1018 but 12 chapters more to place them is also to much imo

Yamato and sanji want momo to get out of onigashima. If sanji gets out that actually moves the plot in more ways then you know here’s why.

1. king wants momo dead so he goes after them after they finish handling Marco.

2. sanji getting outside would make him see the island is about to crush main land wano and he can notify the alliance they have to stop it or get out somehow

3. Momo can possibly stop the island so he can maybe stop wano from falling

4. There’s no way in hell the alliance isn’t informed on the island hitting wano before it hits (if it even does)

The plot actually moves with sanji taking momo
I personally disagree. The arc can't keep shifting and moving Momo around for no reason like it has for the past 20 chapters. There has to be a purpose to it all. Momo seeing his mother/sister and retainers again is vital to his character.

We'll see what happens, but I personally don't think Yamato is leaving Momo, Luffy already entrusted her with him. I personally believe the reason Sanji will see Yamato/Momo is to let them know the Scabbards are about to be killed by Jack. If that notion somehow causes Yamato give Momo to Sanji, then fine, but again we have to wait and see how this plays out.

Am I missing something? Are people honestly using the fact that Marco is having trouble fighting both King and Queen by himself to hype up the duo? The fact that he is able to speed blitz and send them flying in a 1v2 really isn't making them look good in any way.

How would this go in a 1v1 where King doesn't get a free sword strike from Marco having to dodge Queen's laser or where Marco can continue pummelling Queen without having to spend his energy and focus on taking care of King?

All while at the same time also using his flames to keep the other people alive that are affected by queens virus long enough for choppers antidote to be finished

Status
Not open for further replies.