Who is this "Oden"?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Surprised no one is really talking about the most important aspect of the chapter, that being the implications the Lineage Factor stuff has on momo and Kaido. Like clearly that conversation is in direct reference to Momo eating that fruit that Vegapunk deemed a failure, whether they know it or not, but I think its time we see him use the power again more usefully.

Like seriously, it also finally confirms Kaido was experimented on when he was arrested too. This could also prove:

- King was the former Warden of Impel down as we suspect
- Queen was a former Vegapunk scientist who defected.
- The Numbers escaped with him potentially from Punk Hazard

Funny enough, we dont exactly know where Yamato and Jack come from yet or have any ideas but it's possible that because they are the same age, they are a result of the same experimentation from Vegapunk. Not saying they are clones of Kaido or anything, but I wouldn't be shocked if 28 years ago, Vegapunk used his DNA to fuck with their DNA prior to being fully born or as newborns.

.. coz that would be a good way to catch them off guard... plus he is one of those who knows about the time travel account.. soo he sould act relevantly if he were supposed to act like Oden... i mean he has been an S class actor throughout the series anyway.
The point is that makes no sense, if he wanted to act that way he would have his swords since that's something the scabbards would remember and if he came from a time he didn't have them he wouldn't think the scabbards aged.

nah, i have a different opinion there. Scabbards mission at the end wasnโ€™t to defeat kaido, but build the bridge to it. And they did that. Without that, even Odens appearance there now would be useless. Scabbards did a great job, way more incredible at the most people here want to give them credit for.
I'm not saying that Scabbards didn't a good job, they did their thing like defeat Kanjuro, lead the Alliance during Onigashima raid (left and right flank), made the raid start officially attacking Kaido and fought him till the end (I'm not even mentioning the Asura, Denjiro ecc... who literally endured 20 years in that country). They built that bridge with pride and guts, I'm not taking that away from them.
What stinks to me is Oden being alive and appearing now, so casually...
Let's say he comes from the past cause of Toki and he couldn't meet the Scabbards before cause he was teletrasported there in that precise moment, it still looks forced. Too easy, appearing exactly in Onigashima, not even in the place where he was supposed to die
I'm gonna wait for this chapter and the later to totally make up my mind but, again, looks to easy to me

The point is that makes no sense, if he wanted to act that way he would have his swords since that's something the scabbards would remember and if he came from a time he didn't have them he wouldn't think the scabbards aged.
The scabbards already know that oden gave the swords away, Kanjuro knows this aswell. So him taking random swords makes sense more because if he drew Enma and Ame the scabbards would realize hes a fake because the swords are with zoro and momo.

Status
Not open for further replies.