Who is this "Oden"?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember how many people dislike chapter 970, saying Kaido vs Oden was to short with never seeing both true power. This all can be forgetten if Oden vs Kaido round2 could start in act4.
If this is the real Oden and Oda manages to give a logically coherent explanation for what's happening, I will probably be okay with it.

However, if Oden joins the fight with Kaido, it will be a big nah from me. I don't care about Oda showing us Oden full capabilities here even if, theoretically, I would like to see them. The whole point of this battle and Wano is about the new generation, accomplishing what Oden could not. It's about them being able to bring success where Oden failed. The theme of this new generation is stressed over and over again.

Oden joining the battle and having a part in the defeat of Kaido would invalidate all of that. And I am not even mentioning the other big inconsistencies that would arise if this was to be the case.

Kaido was going to lose if BM hadn't interfered.

Killer wouldn't have stopped using Kama-sonic.
Zoro wouldn't have missed his flame dragon cut.
Luffy would add on top of that and start pounding him.
And Law and Kidd can keep wailing on him and providing support.

I'm being honest, I was legitimately getting the vibe that Big Mom's interference was the main reason they were losing.
The take all attacks like a champ. Ofc with purpose to see if they can give him a funny time. Neither Kaido or BM where serious all the day,ofc they respect Zoro and Luffy attacks but for them it is a fun game. Base Kaido wasn't serious, Big mom laugh her ass the whole time.

Now Kaido switch to Hybird form and probably Big mom using her equal to Kaido soon too. And if they fighting serious against the already exhausted SN you can be surr the fight going end fast. I don't even start to think about awakening. They are far left to fight all out. Garp Tekkai already explain it dnough why it make sense that Oden could help at the rooftop.

The rooftop battle is close to impossible to win for those guys. Big Mom barely did something. Kaido in base could have already speedblitzed everyone who's there, bar Luffy, into a coma.
Hybrid Kaido is already hardly beatable by himself and that's him not even showing what his awakening can do. Same with Big Mom and her different stages of power: She's gonna show her awakening abilities aswell, which are most likely far superior to the stuff we've already seen.

With a legend like Oden there we can see how he fares against that hybrid (+awakened) form and how Zoro and Luffy compare to him.
I didn't know I needed this, before it actually happened. Now I really want that stuff to happen.
Obviously Oden would be time limited or something like that. So he might just be there to stage for Luffy until he transitioned to the next level, granted that he was completely fresh when he presumably was back in the past for his execution.

All in all this might legit be a very cool move from Oda, IF you give it a chance.

Let's put it like this.

I think Oden is stronger than every living Marine other than Akainu and maybe Aokiji.
If Big Mom betrays Kaido and leaves?
And you get Oden + the SN5 vs Kaido?

That's a wash.
Post automatically merged:

Oden really returning, and not being the fox in disguise or one of Kanjuro's drawings instead, would be the greatest asspull in One Piece history.
One Piece's writing hasn't been good since Zou. I don't doubt Oda doing something like bringing Oden back.

Oh so when people talk about the lurking legend they mean the character that Oda talked about in the jump Festa a few years ago?

Do you guys know that in that message Oda said that the character would appear 'in that year(The next one to the jump Festa, he said 年内)' and the characters that appeared in that year that could be the legend is Im? Well Kurohige also appeared but I wouldn't call him a lurking legend. He never said that such character would appear in Wano.

Status
Not open for further replies.