ONE PIECE CHAPTER 1008: HEAD OF THE ATAMAYAMA THIEVES, ASHURA DOUJI

rate:

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

HA001

World's Strongest Swordsman
no...that is not Luffy waking from sleep...why did you remove the next panel.....you can literally see next panel he was smashed into the rubble...so you mean the sleeping Luffy jumped towards Kaido and wake up from nap when parried by Kaido?
thats not from this chapter
Post automatically merged:

LMFAOOOOOOOOOO the state of that ava

HA001

World's Strongest Swordsman
It's a fact that Zoro had to protect Luffy, which is why he's literally carrying him in Chapter 1003. I'm sorry that makes you insecure.
I am sorry but at the end of the same chapter Zoro was not carrying Luffy. I am also sorry that there was no panel indicating that Luffy slept for 10 minutes and Zoro fighting for 10 minuteswith Luffy on his back. You are making baseless claims with your insecurities. And you guys have a gall to talk about Sanji fans.

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
This chapter was a solid 4/5 from me. I loved the scenes with the Scabbards and it was the highlight of the chapter for me.

The short scene of the Rooftop battle was nice, and it was pretty information-dense from a powerscaling perspective.

First things first, the 10 minutes has long since concluded. In fact, the Supernova continued to fiercely fight the Yonkou while while all the events under the Rooftop were ongoing:

(From Chapter 1006).

Momonosuke and Shinobu's dialogue confirms that what we see of the Rooftop battle is what is currently happening, and not a snapshot of the past:

While all the events under the Rooftop were happening, the Supernova continued to bravely face the two Yonkou.

This becomes obvious in what we see of this short scene:

• Kidd's massive robot has been completely destroyed and he's moved to just using two arms as weaponry.
  • Zoro has ditched Santoryu and has been fighting with just one sword for a while
  • Luffy also seems to have just run out of another round of Gear 4

Zoro and Kidd's words in the earlier scene suggest that Hybrid Kaido is substantially more durable than his Dragon form. The first 4 chapters of the Rooftop established that Luffy and Zoro had the arsenal to properly damage Dragon Kaido, but now Kidd says that none of their attacks are working, and Zoro questions how they can win against them.

Even Luffy is no better, just stubbornly insisting that they must be feeling it as they are the same humans as them:

Luffy affirms himself that his stubborn insistence that they can prevail is just taking the right attitude:

Killer's words further suggest that the battle has been going on for a long time:

All the above events paint the scenario that the Supernova have been fighting Hybrid Kaido and Mama for a long time (several tens of minutes? A few hours? Who knows, at the very least, we seem to have picked up as Luffy just exited yet another round of G4). Over the duration of the fight, victory has seemed impossible as the Yonkou showed themselves to be inhuman monsters.

Mama has changed her offensive strategy:
  • For the first time ever, we see her using all three homies.
  • She's switched from riding Zeus to riding Prometheus.
  • She now wields Zeus in her right arm.
  • Perhaps she moved away from Prometheus' fire based attacks because of Zoro neutralising them?

Last edited:
I am sorry but at the end of the same chapter Zoro was not carrying Luffy. I am also sorry that there was no panel indicating that Luffy slept for 10 minutes and Zoro fighting for 10 minuteswith Luffy on his back. You are making baseless claims with your insecurities. And you guys have a gall to talk about Sanji fans.
Luffy just opened his eyes this chapter while the other SN are bloodied, it's pretty obvious what has happened since we left the rooftop. All I said was I'm happy Luffy isn't being dead weight anymore, don't get your panties in a twist.

So it means they were indeed fighting all that time when luffy didn't have haki.
Luffy lost his haki in chapter 1003 in the first few panels and Kaido went into hybrid in the last panel of chapter 1003....few minutes have been passed before that...and this chapter showed with sparks on the roof top with Luffy flying in the air and got thrashed into rubble in base form while others are in cool poses...and yeah in chapter 1006, there was a smoke indicates that SN were fighting..but there was no indication that Luffy was out of commission in that time...

Luffy lost his haki in chapter 1003 in the first few panels and Kaido went into hybrid in the last panel of chapter 1003....few minutes have been passed before that...and this chapter showed with sparks on the roof top with Luffy flying in the air and got thrashed into rubble in base form while others are in cool poses...and yeah in chapter 1006, there was a smoke indicates that SN were fighting..but there was no indication that Luffy was out of commission in that time...
Well. They obviously had to fight Big Mom and Hybrid Kaido for 10 minutes while Luffy was resting.

Have you not met Luffy before? The same guy who tried to attack a logia over and over despite not being able to land a hit. The guy who trapped himself inside of a mirror against a person he couldn't hit, and tried for hours to damage him? The guy who tried punching Rob Lucci in the face despite being the size of a toddler? Don't act like attacking alongside the other Supernovas despite an inability to use Haki would be something he wouldn't do.
Luffy is really retarded.

Luffy just opened his eyes this chapter while the other SN are bloodied, it's pretty obvious what has happened since we left the rooftop. All I said was I'm happy Luffy isn't being dead weight anymore, don't get your panties in a twist.
Luffy just opened his eyes? Lmao you are very funny or selectively ignorant or don't know how to read? Or do you just look at that panel while ignoring other panels? Luffy was thrashed into rubble in the subsequent panel. Do you mean that he slept while he was traveling in air? Do you know hod dumb you sound? And again in the next panel after comes out of rubble he charged again towards Kaidou.

Luffy just opened his eyes? Lmao you are very funny or selectively ignorant or don't know how to read? Or do you just look at that panel while ignoring other panels? Luffy was thrashed into rubble in the subsequent panel. Do you mean that he slept while he was traveling in air? Do you know hod dumb you sound? And again in the next panel after comes out of rubble he charged again towards Kaidou.
Maybe I'm mistaken about him sleeping but he obviously wasn't attacking while he didn't have Haki unless you think he no longer has a G4 cool down so it doesn't change anything. He was deadweight while he was out of Haki. Simple. :kayneshrug:

Status
Not open for further replies.