Who should be the next mod of the spoiler thread

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Gorosei Informer

Wano is over a 100 chapters. Remove Oden's flashback and reverie and you won't see any lore,amazing world building or basically any meaningful plot to drive us the end of the story

We learnt more about one piece in enies lobby than the whole of Wano
Just shitty gifters and Yamato running panels
:josad:
This is completely true as well. Enies Lobby was much shorter and much better than this arc too! This arc is even trying to imitate previous arcs including Enies Lobby! I loved EVERY ARC pre TS, everyone one of them had stuff I loved easily, even the "Dreaded Foxy arc" which I really enjoyed too! I was laughing at rewatching some scenes from it recently too!

Oda started taking the story too seriously and it went downhill from there imo. One Piece peaked at from Water 7 through to Marineford but especially Sabaody pre TS for different reasons. I still remember the actual horror of the Sabaody arc and how it completely caught me off guard and blew my mind back then. I had to take time out and recover from the shock, my heart was broken, my mind was blown and my soul felt like it was gone. I had never seen anything like that in a story before now and I still even remember now after all these YEARS how I felt in that moment like it happened yesterday!

One Piece was such a whimsical, adventurous series with some amazing emotional and character moments and intertwined stories throughout, lots of tragedy but beauty, heart, joy and so on too.

It really felt like in its a league of its own. Now its ruled at the top for too long and like anyone in power for too long, it has been corrupted by that power and lost what made it so special in the first place, that drive, that ambition and adventure to be greater, to even be the greatest in the first place.

In my first deleted rant, I was talking about how arcs used to be what 30-40 chapters at most? And they felt so satisfying, so complete without dragging out like crazy. We had great 1v1 fights for the SHs, they got excellent humour and character moments, there was a lot happening and they were hype, exciting and memorable!

Now look at One Piece. It's become such an over bloated, greedy mess, where Oda apparently said he wouldn't repeat the mistakes of Dressrosa and yet here we are.

I really don't like being this angry, hurt, disappointed and such about Oda and One Piece but it's getting much more difficult not to bne these days. There are moments of greatness still post TS that give me happiness and hype but they feel so far and few between and thus so fleeting now.

:lusalty::nicagesmile:
Bro I can feel it...
:josad:

What he need at most is a veteran as editor. The newbie almost young editors which less experince not helping him much. He need great and someone with good experince, a veteran who helping out Oda and don't making him worse.

That is what Oda need now,someone who can help him a lot. A combo of a old veteran editor and a young one would be great for Oda.

I know people disagree but I really expect more of Ulti vs Nami. I know most people want it to skipped, I want a great battle where Nami get pushed to her limits. A good climatic battle. With dynamic crazy battle, where we see more of both. Can you guys believe that we just have two named attacks for Ulti? Pageone didn't even have one named move...

Ulti had two named moves, one in base/hybrid with we see against Luffy/Usopp and the another in full zoan, the sad thing is that she didn't could even show us her second named attack in full zoan, since Yamsto beat her. She basically she just show one named move....

Hard right? I mean in DR I accept these one full chapter battle encounters since I believe Oda would give the strawhats and a Yonkou crew a better threatment, but it seems like he keep going with his DR writing,basically one chapters of a battle where someone going down. Im scared now for the other strawhats battle...
The problem is that Oda editors are young yes men that doesn't give him much advices. I don't think editors should be meddling too much but they also should tell Oda Oda frankly when an idea is bad

Status
Not open for further replies.