Is Sanji's Power Up Legitimate?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well.. Zoro already got most of his power ups for this arc already, that’s why… if there is anything he may pull out more.. it’s more mastery of CoC…

Sanji on other hand was not using his RS power up, and only now his other power up is activating…

not the same case with all respect… Zoro is facing King with his arc power ups, while Sanji wasn’t… do you see the difference? And still Zoro is ragdolled and last chapter he was huffing on the ground, and king only damage was a small piece of his mask… not even his body feels wounded.
Base Zoro with no Asura, Ryou or CoC is competing against king. Base Sanji with DJ got rekt by Queen to the point where he literally couldnt do anything. Massive difference.

One guy in his base form got ragdolled but is still able to compete whereas the other was low dif’d and submitted.

Like, I think its not just there to mention him powering up, but the entire thing in the flashback highlighted his physical fraility.

The current Sanji is not physically frail, so the point of emphasizing that weakness sort of loses some potency.

I would like if Sanji actually did something related to his mother when he acknowledges his powers. That would be more appropriate to me than acknowledging his father.
The whole point of this power up is to show that Sanji is not the Germa failure but instead the true pinnacle of his family: he has the power of his father's cold science and the warm humanity of her mother, so he's better than all his brothers.

zoro didn t block jailer said :milaugh::milaugh::milaugh::milaugh: illiterate mf

He didn't in fact. If the attack was blocked, it should have ended. Instead the attack continued because Zoro, obviously, can't block totally that attack but he held it for just a moment.

There is the explosion of the attack some panel later. It's the indication that the attack was not blocked.

The whole point of this power up is to show that Sanji is not the Germa failure but instead the true pinnacle of his family: he has the power of his father's cold science and the warm humanity of her mother, so he's better than all his brothers.
Yeah, I think there should be some nuance in how its talked about in the next chapter though. I'm trusting that Oda will probably work through it.

Status
Not open for further replies.