What is King’s real name?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

K: So it seems you understand how I operate now!

Z: That's right! Can you finally see it now!? Your own defeat!?

Z: Ooh! Why block my attacks? They're not supposed to work on you right? Or could it be that you're afraid of my strike!

K: You can't compare to me as a living thing at all! (T/N: King uses seibutsu, the word in Kaido's title)

K: Fufufu.

Z: That sort of thing you're saying... is what I hate the most!

K: You will remain in my memories as a mighty swordsman.

Z: I'll carve myself into your memories! Assuming you survive that is!

K: Oomori Karyuudon! (Lit: Protective Flame Dragon Emperor)

Z: King of Hell: Three Dragon Blades - 103 Emotions

Editor's note: A strike that can even tear apart a dragon!
King survives this
Zoro words
:josad:

Bogard

You can't win
Looks like Oda used the Ryuma symbolism against King's final attack, so it's probably Oda's own way to compensate with Luffy ultimately taking over the show versus Kaido

In the end still a bit disappointed that Oda covered the face reveal, flashback with Kaido, discovery of the weakness in King's ability and the final clash in a single chapter, but the chapter was so amazing that it compensates it, with some interesting dialogs
Z: I don't have much time. If this drags on, this sword will steal my life away!
Guess this is Oda's way to increase the threat lvl of the battle by showing that it was a all or nothing kind of ending chapter due to Enma's drawbacks. In the end, while it allows you to create powerful haki enhanced attacks, you must still pay attention in finishing your opponent as fast as possible to avoid when Enma is fully released
Kaido: You're strong. Call yourself 'King'! Stay under my wing, I won't hand you over to anyone!

Kaido: From today onwards, you're my right hand! Worororo!
Here we can now understand why Kaido gave him the name King. He saw strong potential in him, making him as his right hand man in order not to leave him to anyone else
K: So it seems you understand how I operate now!

Z: That's right! Can you finally see it now!? Your own defeat!?

Z: Ooh! Why won't you receive my attacks? They're not supposed to work on you right? Or could it be that you're scared of my strikes!!
This part suggest there is a moment when you need to attack King, making him more vulnerable to attacks at that point

Z: Although he seems to be of a special race, that doesn't matter to me. [unclear] I've trained enough. King of Hell: Santoryuu

King: !

King: Don't get ahead of yourself... Kaido-san is the man who will become the Pirate King!
And there is this interesting part as well thar seems to be in correlation with their earlier dialog about Zoro wanting to become a King. It seems that after hearing Zoro's attack name, it got King angry to the point he had to make Zoro remember that it won't be him, but Kaido who will be PK

Funny because it implies that he thinks the King Zoro wants to be is "Pirate King" lol

On a side note, it's interesting that Oda incorporated a fire manipulation that can apparently reach magma lvl in terms of heat. Guess it's a way to indirectly show the potential of the Mera Mera no mi

Status
Not open for further replies.