Is Mihawk more powerful than Shanks?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gol D. Roger

ȶɦɛ քɨʀǟȶɛ ӄɨռɢ
Zoro uses swordsmenship imbued coc. Shanks coc can harm a top tier outside of swordsmanship. I really don’t care tho, with fuji not being in the dialogue he’s not a swordsmen that’s all that matters to marine hype making mihawk run
Zoro uses his raw physical strength and Haki to fuel his swordsmanship to become a stronger swordsman. That's literally how any swordsman in the world even functions. Reducing it to skill only is as wrong as it can get. You need both skill and power to become the WSS. Fujitora is a swordsman and no amount of mental gymnastics is gonna change it too.

Mihawk is the strongest because his swordsmanship surpasses that of the 2nd strongest swordsman.
It's 2 sentences, read them. Whatever version of fire cutting, Asura, burning swords, CoC coated flying slashes, FS coated sword Mihawk has, it's better than Shanks. And their close bounties already gives them a Roger/WB like parallel.

Reborn

Throughout Heaven & Earth,I alone am d Honored One
This is laughably wrong and your internet translator isn't changing it

Even in the shit japanese dictionary you linked, true strength/use of force is an alternative meaning

Context matters when determining a words meaning and we know for a fact that Kaido's crew is based around raw power, that's entirely how the hierarchy is determined and the way they move up is by being stronger than a Calamity and beating them

Stephen Paul is a dogshit translator and is largely the reason why Viz is laughed at for accuracy
Are you trying to say that you know more about stuffs than the professional who is actually the official translator ?

What next? Doubt oda too to put shanks above Mihawk lol

There is little room for doubts here. WB was the strongest in actuality. WB growing weaker won't make his title fake because no one actually came close to WB. The same applies to Mihawk except for the fact that we have little to no reason to believe Mihawk grew weaker. So he remains the strongest as long as no one surpasses his accomplishments.

I don't see why Mihawk not fighting Shanks even matters when everyone and their mothers know Mihawk is better. It's not like Shanks is living under a rock. He's been far more active than Mihawk in the past decade but the world still views Mihawk as superior. Not to mention, Zoro's entire dream becomes void if Mihawk isn't the WSM in actuality. And we all know that won't happen.
No Whitebeard wasn't the strongest pirate anymore, and there is no doubt here lol.
Big Mom, Kaido and Shanks were all stronger than him by the time Marineford took place.

Again I am not doubting Mihawks title I am saying it has poor world building around it and which is why so many people here tend to sometimes straight up ignore his title.

You mean oda callling shanks a swordsman saying mihawk is more skilled and then saying mihawk is the strongest?? And you can’t connect the dots 💀💀I don’t blame oda I’m blame who ever your teacher was with that piss poor reading comprehension 😆
Yeah, only Mihawks fans are able to read and comprehen

Just so happens for that to be the case.

This is laughably wrong and your internet translator isn't changing it

Even in the shit japanese dictionary you linked, true strength/use of force is an alternative meaning

Context matters when determining a words meaning and we know for a fact that Kaido's crew is based around raw power, that's entirely how the hierarchy is determined and the way they move up is by being stronger than a Calamity and beating them

Stephen Paul is a dogshit translator and is largely the reason why Viz is laughed at for accuracy
This is the most arrogant thing I've read today and I've seen plenty of bs comments.

Zoro uses his raw physical strength and Haki to fuel his swordsmanship to become a stronger swordsman. That's literally how any swordsman in the world even functions. Reducing it to skill only is as wrong as it can get. You need both skill and power to become the WSS
Agree, he uses it on his swordsmanship, obviously you need power but their power is skill.
Fujitora is a swordsman and no amount of mental gymnastics is gonna change it too.
Whatever makes you happy but I’m going with oda words on this one no swordsmanship technique

Are you trying to say that you know more about stuffs than the professional who is actually the official translator of viz

What next? Doubt oda too to put shanks above Mihawk lol
Being a professional doesn't make you infallible:seriously:

And no, I never said I was better than Stephen Paul, but it's factual that he mistranslates a lot of shit and is actually notorious for doing so, the raw Japanese should always be taken over Stephen Paul's translations.

And again, I don't give a fuck if Mihawk is > Shanks as long as it's accurate, not when it's a statement of skill that people are trying to misconstrue into power like in this chapter.

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
I know mihawk fans want to ignore this , but him saying the marines fleets were a lot of work legit hypes the marines no matter how you look at it.
Damn, @Erkan12 you know I was sort of joking when I pointed out how Doberman was not afraid of Shanks, but Shanks’ superior stating that a Marine Fleet consisting of zero Admirals was a lot of work for him really solidifies the idea of Shanks being Vice Admiral level at maximum tbh. No trolling.

Shanks fans love taking Ls y’all better pray he doesn't have acoc shanks spamming his 24/7 everywhere while mihawk doenst even need it 🤣pray he doesn't have it

Status
Not open for further replies.