Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea obviously Luffy's gonna have his reality-warping hands full with this kind of mofo who destroys islands by while chillin in his damn Flower Room. Wont have any span of attention left to deal with any other things afterwards.

(Using "they" for Imu Sama to avoid the gender debates. I want to discuss something else right now.)

This chapter is a major L for all those that stubbornly insisted on Blackbeard (or someone else) being the Final Villain.

It never made sense in the first place. The World Government have always been the Big Bad and since long before Blackbeard entered the picture. Whitebeard basically told Blackbeard that he ain't that guy. That after his downfall, there would be an even bigger battle.

And Imu is an entirely different class of existence than Blackbeard. They sit on a throne Blackbeard could never aspire to reach.

Compare how Oda treats them. Just look at their first actions after the Wano arc ends.
  • Blackbeard runs away with his tail between his legs from a 78 year old retiree
  • Imu casually obliterates an entire kingdom

Low key I wouldn't be surprised if EOS Blackbeard gets stomped by Imu
(Of course, Luffy will still defeat Blackbeard, but if Blackbeard does ever challenge Imu sama, he probably just gets stomped.)

Imu's display of power is on an entirely different scale from anything we have seen from any other characters. Even the "man with the power to destroy the world" never demonstrated that level of raw power.

One Piece top tiers do not casually obliterate Lulusia sized Islands:
  • Mihawk's big flex (and truly one of the best feats in the series) was slicing a tsunami in two
  • It took Kaido an hour to move the (presumably smaller) Onigashima
  • Kuzan and Sakazuki only changed the climate/geography of Punk Hazard after a 10 day fight
  • Half of Marineford was destroyed when Garp, Sengoku and Shiki fought
  • The island Roger and Whitebeard fought on was not destroyed/damaged in any significant way
  • Linlin's biggest solo attacks (e.g. Ikoku Sovereignty) were never really at the level of destroying mountains.
  • Linlin and Kaido's Hakai was around the size of Onigashima/the skull
  • Enel spent a lot more time prepping his ship and lightning abilities and still didn't destroy Skypiea
  • God Valley was not destroyed despite the all out battle of multiple Top Tiers there
    • It was presumably later erased by Imu sama theirself
  • Prime Garp demolished 8 mountains while training to defeat Chinjao's drill
  • Rayleigh was surprised at the damage Seraphim Mihawk wreaked on Amazon Lily
  • Etc.

Hell, One Piece characters do not obliterate Islands period. Aside from perhaps Enel's attempts, I think this is the first time we're seeing an island be destroyed by any character
(I think it was mentioned that the Ancient Weapons do have the power to destroy islands/continents, and Imu may indeed be using an Ancient Weapon.)

Even the famed "Buster Call" of Navy HQ only deals environmental damage and obliterates the buildings/people, it doesn't actually erase the island from existence.

But this isn't even a fair comparison. I'm comparing the biggest feats of One Piece Top Tiers to the first "flex" of Imu.

We can compare the first flexes of other characters:
  • Mihawk: destroying a ship
  • Whitebeard and Shanks: sky splitting
  • Issho: meteor summoning
  • Kaido: stomping a couple post skip Supernova
  • Borsalino: stomping all 11 preskip Supernova
  • Garp throwing a massive canon ball
  • Kuzan freezing the sea between the Long Ring Islands
    • This was admittedly very impressive

And beyond the sheer power, Imu's display was chilling in a way that other flexes of power in One Piece just aren't.

See:

More than a raw feat of destructive capacity, this inspires terror/dread on a scale that One Piece just hasn't delivered ever.

Imu has been elevated to a scale far beyond the likes of contemporary One Piece Top Tiers and all other villains, both Pirates and Marines alike.

Imu wasn't included in Doflamingo's Throne Wars speech because they are an existence far beyond the likes of all of them. They are "above the fray" so to speak.

And their importance to the story naturally dwarfs Blackbeard.
  • The thing that Roger could not accomplish probably connects to them somehow
  • The promise made with Fishman Island also probably connects to them somehow
  • They likely know the true history and what happened during the Void Century
  • They were likely behind the disappearance of God's Valley
  • They seem to have Joy Boy's hat
  • Shanks collaboration with the Gorosei ultimately has to do with them
  • They had pictures of Luffy, Blackbeard and Vivi and Shirahoshi
    • Imu stabbed the picture of Shirahoshi (the Ancient Weapon Poseidon)
  • Joy Boy's mission/objective and Luffy's dream may have to do with them
  • They may date back to the Ancient Kingdom
  • They may be connected to or in possession of the last of the Ancient Weapons
  • Per Whitebeard after the One Piece is found — after a new Pirate King has emerged — only then will a final war engulf the world
    • This is probably after Blackbeard has been defeated

@Garp the Fist, @Celestial D. Dragon, @Tai long, @Sentinel, @Playa4321, @Gol D. Roger, @Nidai_Kitetsu, @Fleet Admiral Lee Hung, @MarineHQ, @LANJI CUCKSMOKE, @wordy, @Blackbeard, @Topi Jerami, @comrade, @Sir Yasheen, @TheAncientCenturion.
I don't disagree with your first sentence, even made this image since Wano's start. Im being a "fighter" though got absolutely nothing to do with why i placed him in the lead.

No one is going to beat the entire CDs, they are just typical Nobels nothing else. And why Navy needs to be defeated? Navy is not going down. They will stay and follow the rule of new WG which is not under ELders/Imu/CDs influence that's all. Navy will just be an obstacle like it always does thats all.
Definitely disagreed. With the CD i obviously mean the Gorosei and Imu. So after the CD fall Akainu will quietly give up his position because the new leaders of the Government voted him out ?
Is that how a Shounen works?

The Admirals are the reason the CD hold their status in the world. Their shield must be shattered for them to be vulnerable again.

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
Don't let this silhouetted cunt intimidate you.

According to the wise words of Sengoku and Tsuru, Gura can destroy the world, and we know the world is bigger than a mere island. Akainu scales to this by default since he clashed evenly with Gura.

Conclusion: World-level BB and Akainu > island-level Im.
:pepecopium:
Imu sama stomps Blackbeard and Sakazuki at the same time.

Kong is an 80+ year old retired former FA.
This is straight up false; Kong is the current Commander in Chief of the World Government.

He was promoted, he did not retire.

Luffy has the connection and history with Akainu, so yes, Luffy will defeat Akainu after then he goes to defeat Imu. Who says everything has to happen at the exact same time ?
Luffy will fight Sakazuki, but his fight with Sakazuki will have nothing to do with his confrontation with Imu sama.
  1. It's not clear that Imu is not actually a fighter
  2. Kong is a former Fleet Admiral
  3. Kong is the current Commander in Chief of the World Government
    • He is Sakazuki's boss
    • He is in charge of pall other World Government military resources

I think Sakazuki is very unlikely as:
  1. He is not even aware of Imu's existence
  2. He resides at Navy HQ while Imu sama resides in Marygeoise

You're failing to appreciate the fact that the World Government and Navy HQ are actually different factions.

The World Government would be confronted at Mary Geoise while the Navy will be confronted at Navy HQ. Ergo, the two fights are not connected.

Don't care about your admiral boner
Could say the same to you with your Admiral hate boner lol.

Imu - potential final boss trope with the highest order of the world bowing to him, casually wiping out an island (whether he has Uranus or uses it, the details remains to be seen but already far more important than Akainu)
Sure, nobody disagrees.

Blackbeard - D Clan, a threat to Imu, the only known character who hase broken the df rule, literally Luffy but if he was Evil.
Nothing much lol. He's not the only D. His devil fruit rule doesn't have anything to do with Luffy. That's speculation on your part, BB is an entirely different character.

Gorosei - bowing to Imu, might act as his potential personal guards, Highest class od World Nobles, Calamity equiavelnts to Imu if he becomes final boss.
So...just your regular commanders lol Great!

Akainu has nothing unique to him for a final boss trope. The only thing he has is Luffy's scars, but Sabo is for that, not enough to close the series in a finale compared to the other groups above mentioned.
The Scar is linking them, we had plenty examples so far. Only because you don't want it to happen doesn't mean Oda will follow it.
Dragon built an Organisation against Imu, not Luffy. Sabo has seen Imu and was personally attacked by him, not Luffy.
I don't see any connections bar agendas here.

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
I don't disagree with your first sentence, even made this image since Wano's start. Im being a "fighter" though got absolutely nothing to do with why i placed him in the lead.

Yeah, even if Imu just has an Ancient weapon and isn't strong in 1 vs 1, Oda has already placed them as the clear front runner for final villain.

They are so far beyond the competition it isn't funny.

Why did you place Blackbeard above Sakazuki? I think Blackbeard is the more important character, but I expect Sakazuki to be defeated much later.

The final war is probably gonna be more comolex than Wano with multiple main antagonist.

mu, Blackbeard and last Akainu will be the main antagonist of that arc. Just like Wano had Kaido and BM, Final Arc will have those three as the big three from each antagonist group.

1) Imu/Blackbeard
2) Imu/Blackbeard
3) Akainu

Imu and Blackbeard are probably gonna be the last ones to fall as villains, kind of like Kaido and Orochi (not saying Imu is the Orochi/Spandam of that arc, just order of antagonist falling).

Akainu has nothing unique to him for a final boss trope. The only thing he has is Luffy's scars, but Sabo is for that, not enough to close the series in a finale compared to the other groups above mentioned
Akainu killed Ace
Sabo got Ace's fruit inherited his will
Akainu vs sabo is set up in stone
Luffy has bigger fish to fight like BB and Imu

Status
Not open for further replies.