Is this the biggest single-chapter demolition of a character & fandom?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pantheos

Heavy Metal
What me triggers about the Chapter is not Kid losing. That he wont be able to win this battle was pretty clear from the beginning. Sure, I had the wet dream about him winning, but I knew the circumstances and chances for that are horrible small.

But what me triggers is the way how he loses. Oda makes him eat one simple attack and spits on everything Kid was build up before. Every storyprogress for him, everything his character stands for, every started plotline, buried in dust, just for stupid fakehype, for simple sales.

There is so much content, which Oda decides to just bury with Kid.

Beginning his whole character building in Saboady, together with Killer.

His plotline about Shanks Crew having fought him before. Some redemption hinted, in dust.

His plotline of raiding WCI and stealing what he wanted, hurting some commander. Burried in dust without explanation.

Kid having all types of Haki, incl. CoC, even mentioned by Kaido. Burried in dust, without any further mentioning.

Kids whole story about his crew and their relationship with each other, their adventures. Hinted, but buried in dust, without any further mentioning.

His plotline about “the man with the burned mark”, buried in dust, without any further mentioning.

His plotlines about asking questions in fights and learn out of it, buried in dust.

And this all is just the peak of the iceberg about Kids character which is one shoted buried in dust. For a government dog to get fake hype.

And what hurts me most with someone sympathizing with Kid and Killer, is the result for his crew and the Victoria Punk without any form of respect. This ship was some sentimental connection to the first love of Kid and Killer, her memorial somehow, the memory on the first love as ship. And it gets destroyed and drowned for nothing and with not the slightest form of respect. It not even gets thematized or mentioned. Oda clearly spits on everything around Kid. It’s a disgrace.

But at least Oda sends a clear message to his readers:

“It doesn’t matter how hard you work for you dreams, how strongminded you are, how much you give up for it. You wont reach your goal, as long as you are not from a legendary lineage and get trained by the best in the world. So, if you are born poor, stay like that, be a slave, don’t have dreams or hope. You are nothing, and you will stay nothing. Except you are rich and your lineage is legendary.”

- Law's puncture wille breaking Big Mom's bones, same puncture wille that didn't deal fatal damage to Blackbeard, who has no crazy durability and has pain and damage dealt to him amplified by the Yami Yami no Mi

- Big Mom feeling the need to use Haki to block a Kong Gun with basic Haki

- Big Mom falling off the plateau made everyone consider it the end of the Big Mom pirates, with her needing to be caught by Zeus

Noodle: "You need Bajrang or Blazing Bagua level of attacks beating Big Mom.

Apart from that, again, it's clear that Shanks is the new gen Roger. He even used Roger's exact same move.

Sure. Titles aren't permanent. With Shanks being such a prominent end game villain or character which Oda portrays in the best light possible, it is entirely possible for Shanks turning out to be stronger.
BB didn't tank Puncture wille
So your statement already nonsense

At this point, Kidd's career is done. Whatever he does now, he'll always be the Moria of the current gen. Zoro definitely won the race, let alone Luffy.
Now it's Law's turn but I gotta admit, at least Law wasn't easily destroyed like that.

Only Blackbeard is Luffy's real rival.
Law had several factors helping him, for once BB has only brought 3 of his titanic captains, and a ship of fodders, while the strength of Law's crew apparently lies in sea battles. BB being overconfident didn't help it either. But I think he's still getting beat up for sure, and even less reasons fot BB to leave Law alive considering the implications his df grants eternal life.

Kidd is the biggest waste of a character in this entire series.:milaugh: Moria could take him in a fight.
I wouldn't call him the biggest waste, because there are other characters that Oda has wasted or treated far worse.

But yeah his potential was wasted, especially his magnetic powers. He's clearly not a Magneto in terms of power and versatility.

At this point, Kidd's career is done. Whatever he does now, he'll always be the Moria of the current gen. Zoro definitely won the race, let alone Luffy.
Now it's Law's turn but I gotta admit, at least Law wasn't easily destroyed like that.

Only Blackbeard is Luffy's real rival.
Zoro is still below kid and law

Shanks using fs and catching kid off-guard isn't making zoro above
Zoro won nothing.

Oda just wanks Shanks a lot
Anybody else wouldn't stop kid and would be getting hurt by kid

What will zoro do ? Last time he trued blocking a powerful attack...almost died
He ain't winning against Law or kid
He's not Shanks with top haki nor BM & kaido with top haki and crazy stats

G

Gorosei Informer

He isn't even worthy of being killed lol
Oda will just give him an offscreen death later /s. or Odas deathphobia for his characters will protect him furthermore.

He went from tanking Big Mom punches, that 2 handed sword move she did (Marmalade or something? Idk lol) and also her Indra attacks, thunder bagua etc but gets KO'd immediately by a ranged sword slash as it had haki gods CoC infused in it.

At this point, we may as well try to enjoy the shitshow as its only gonna get worse too.

William Kidd did get executed and had a gruesome end or so. Oda could have just killed off Kidd to Kaido and helped Kaidos reputation too. Or have Shanks kill Kidd to show how truly serious/savage/fearsome he is said to be and that he's even harsher than Beckmann.

I just realised what someone meant about calling him a mailman too. Since he gave Shanks a free same day delivery of ponegylph rubbings and a
Bonus gift to look even more badass/heroic/epic for the giants too.

I'm glad Kidd is alive still but he's another victim of the new world and fate like Moria, Crocodile and Shiki too.

Oda could give him amazing character development/growth here but I'm certain he won't either.

I'd hate Kidd dying but considering what Kidd just experienced, maybe death might be a mercy too.

Reminds me of how Horikoshi wasted Bakugo massively in MHA too.

I

Indigo

“It doesn’t matter how hard you work for you dreams, how strongminded you are, how much you give up for it. You wont reach your goal, as long as you are not from a legendary lineage and get trained by the best in the world. So, if you are born poor, stay like that, be a slave, don’t have dreams or hope. You are nothing, and you will stay nothing. Except you are rich and your lineage is legendary.”
To be fair, that's pretty much it in real life

Oda makes him eat one simple attack
in defense of Kid, that's a pretty strong attack no? Adv. CoC and Armament? or at least i'm guessing, if it's equal to Roger's

but yeah, it sucks for you guys

Status
Not open for further replies.