One Piece - Chapter 1085: The death of Nefertari Cobra

Rate the chapter

• Total voters
That giant is 100% not Imu. Oda has not waited all these years to reveal the Gorosei only for him to muck up this panel and make one of them a totally unnoticeable midget compared to the rest.

When that panel is looked at, five fighters clearly stand out. Horns, baldy, giant, bird, tusks. Thatโ€™s deliberate, because thatโ€™s the five Gorosei. Imu is still a mystery.

Sabo attacks, neither of his attacks do anything, one of the Gorosei moves to cover the throne due to their gigantic body. That is very clearly what happens, just as itโ€™s clear the fleeing panel is symbolic due to the lack of clear body shapes.
The one that eats the fire attack is Imu.

You can see him/her transform right before it happens and that creature (which eats the fire) has Imu's "rinnegan eyes".

That giant is 100% not Imu. Oda has not waited all these years to reveal the Gorosei only for him to muck up this panel and make one of them a totally unnoticeable midget compared to the rest.
The paneling and order literally proves you wrong lmao. It 100% IS Imu considering he literally transforms the page before.

You get your "reveal" of them the following page, still in order. I truly cannot comprehend why you are fighting so hard on this, its just point blank obvious on what Oda is conveying here.

They are also not even revealed. They are silhouettes, who cares about how they are presented? If Oda wanted to draw blondie as a small blob, who actually gives a fuck? Hes right there the next page with his mouth open, in the EXACT spot he was in before transforming.

Nice chapter.
Fujitora is the best admiral period. Always does the right thing and gives no fu#ks no matter who is going to oppose him.
Sabo being butchered again for no reason but things going forward so people will soon stop that lol.
Gorosei being fighters was a given, i hope oda to go all out with them.
IMU piercing a logia user is quite interesting and his shadow powers are something that you could imagine fighting the sun god.
So who will be the final villain BB or IMU ? Both are too darkish lol.
Vivi will actually join??
Wapol lol.
Jabura and the rest are all back and well, that was nice.

What....is your argument here lol? This does not disregard anything I just said.

- Sabo hits the Gorosei
- The flame goes past them
- Imu eats the Flame and transforms
- The other 5 transform
- Imu is seen crawling down the steps because nobody is seen protecting Imu.

How is this so hard to get lmao. This is surprising coming from you of all people.
Again the problem comes from thereโ€™s two panels highlighting them.

One which focuses on the gorosei where they are the central figures, another highlighting imu. The idea that oda would make only 4 gorosei appear may be one of the worst look ever and even odas editors would call him out on it, especially since itโ€™s clear oda could draw all five in their positions just as he did In the next panel.

The second issue comes from the fact that the humanoid giant on the stairs, does not give the vibe of imu compared to the panel immediately following them with the five gorosei and imu.

The way I see the progress was:
1. Sabo attacks the gorosei, blond gorosei notices the attacks
2. Gorosei get hit and begin to transform to zoan forms
3. Sabo attacks imu who devours Sabos flame.
4. As Sabo falls to the ground in front of Cobra, blond gorosei jumps in front of Imu to protect him as the only one who was ready to act.
5. Once Sabo begins to run away Blond gorosei realizes thereโ€™s no threat to imu and goes back to standing with the other gorosei as imu attacks Sabo.

Again, the reason I donโ€™t think the creature on the top is imu comes from I refuse to believe oda would fuck up drawing the first gorosei like that. And since he showed the blond gorosei noticing the attack, it makes sense heโ€™d be the one to act.

But again, I also can see why people believe itโ€™s just imu

The paneling and order literally proves you wrong lmao. It 100% IS Imu considering he literally transforms the page before.

You get your "reveal" of them the following page, still in order. I truly cannot comprehend why you are fighting so hard on this, its just point blank obvious on what Oda is conveying here.

They are also not even revealed. They are silhouettes, who cares about how they are presented? If Oda wanted to draw blondie as a small blob, who actually gives a fuck? Hes right there the next page with his mouth open, in the EXACT spot he was in before transforming.
Crazy theory just came up in my mind:

We are always talking about those "silhouettes", but what if Imu and the Gorosei indeed transform into those demonic, shadow-like void creatures?

Both Sabo and Wapol talked about "seeing hell" and some of those "silhouettes" (especially the last one that spots Wapol) look like they might be more than just silhouettes.

It would also fit into Japanese mythology (devil/shadows) and that trope has been used in a lot of other popular manga series as well, most noticably Full Metal Alchemist with the "Dwarf in the flask" as final villain: