• Awful

Votes: 7 6.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
One Piece - Chapter 961
Title:
The Mountain God Incident

Support One Piece by subscribing to the new all access Shonen Jump released by VIZ or read the chapter for free on Monday on their website or phone app (if available in your region). For those who do not have access to VIZ can read the last 6 chapters on Shueisha's Manga Plus.

CHAPTER IS OUT ON
Jaimini'sBox

Please avoid posting one-word/one-liner comments such as "great chapter!" or "awesome, I'll read it later!" and ensure that you contribute to the discussion with your content!

Thanks for being a part of the WG community!​

Based on this chapter, Oden seems like a good dude. Definitely didn’t have to take responsibility for the incident, but did for the hell of it so as to not let Kinemon be ruined by it. It was also cool to see Kinemon’s development and his relationship with Tsuru. His fight against the pig was pretty notable. It’ll be interesting to see how Oden turns the perception of himself around so much that he becomes the shogun. Solid chapter for what it was.

S

Shura

really good chapter...

interactions between Kinemon and Otsuru are great

Oden personality is similar to Luffy...free spirited....

I am more interested in the fight between Oden and Shutenmaru and the meeting of Oden with Toki.....

Orochi sure is an interesting character.....we can write a spin off of Orochi's journey from servant to Shogun of Wano....

Break is bad but it can't be helped...

KiriNigiri

The Road To Harmony
Oden covering for Kin'emon is very similar to when Luffy covered for Coby, and guaranteeing his entry to the marines.

I'll admit, not sure about Denjiro and Kin'emon so quickly being enamored of Oden, but we'll see how it goes. Oden definitely gained some cool points this chapter. And I knew Orochi was not gonna be anything special prior to his betrayal. We might be looking at the most despicable character in this series yet. And the fact he started out as Yasu's servant of all things just makes what he did to Yasu that much more heinous. Orochi must've been an urchin Yasu picked up and gave a second chance to, similar to the Scabbards during the flashback in Chapter 943. Unlike the Scabbards, Orochi was just a scumbag.

Kin'emon and Tsuru continues to be incredibly cute and heartwarming. And my judgement seems right. Tsuru is the only person who gave a damn about him before Oden and the others came into the picture. And despite all of his faults and the fact she had to wait 20 years without him, she still remained loyal. :sweat:

M

MD Zolo

Was Oden intentionally trying to get himself exiled and disowned so that he could leave Wano?

I am liking Kin'emon more and more. He is a rebel no doubt. And this flashback will be his as much as Oden's it seems (except WBP and RP part). More red flag for Kin'emon in the upcoming war.

Orochi looks so innocent. I want to know how he got to this.

Status
Not open for further replies.