• Awful

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
One Piece - Chapter 964
Title:
Oden's Adventure

Support One Piece by subscribing to the new all access Shonen Jump released by VIZ or read the chapter for free on Monday on their website or phone app (if available in your region). For those who do not have access to VIZ can read the last 6 chapters on Shueisha's Manga Plus.

CHAPTER IS OUT ON
Jaimini'sBox

Please avoid posting one-word/one-liner comments such as "great chapter!" or "awesome, I'll read it later!" and ensure that you contribute to the discussion with your content!

Thanks for being a part of the WG community!​

B
The void century happened 900 to 800 years ago. Professor Clover called it as a “100 year void”

Amatsuki Toki was from around 800 years ago . So, it is safe to assume she was present when the void century occurred.

In English, Amatsuki means " Heavenly moon"

Kozuki means "Moon light"

Now let’s compare each of their perspective crest.

Both crests are similar. I’m guessing these two clans were linked together long way back in the past

Just like the mink tribe. The vow part is really interesting

Moons are very important. Pay attention to them as they are crucial to the story.

Shimotsuki clan = Frost moon

Sulong (Minks tribe) = Moon lion

The “D” clan = the letter D looks like a half moon

Oda even drew a kid Blackbeard with a half moon in the background

Last year’s Jump fiesta, Oda said “the core of the story” will be revealed

Buckle up boys, we could possibly get info soon about the will of D or the void century

Akai2

🆉🅾🆁🅾 🆃🅾🅾 🆂🆃🆁🅾🅽🅺!
Even Roger is smitten. Whitebeard and him are about to be fighting over Oden next chapter

- Another great chapter of Chad Piece. Oden's log continues to be an effective tool of efficient storytelling.

- Oden's enthusiasm and eagerness to explore the unknown world is the core spirit of One Piece as a series. Limitless appetite for adventure, freedom and romance. If his personality didn't magnetically attract every outcast, then the story's pillar themes wouldn't be realized.

- Whitebeard's comment about Rocks is very interesting. The more we know, the more they seem like they made a business deal rather than forming a bond like a true crew. No wonder they failed. Is another long flashback about the Rocks crew still possible in Wano? I think it is.

- Toki will surely relay critical information about the world's true history, or the 800 year time jump would be narratively pointless.

- It's enjoyable to see interactions between Marco/Neko and Shanks/Buggy when they were young after we saw them in the current timeline.

I

Inspector_Mu

The void century happened 900 to 800 years ago. Professor Clover called it as a “100 year void”

Amatsuki Toki was from around 800 years ago . So, it is safe to assume she was present when the void century occurred.

Both crests are similar. I’m guessing these two clans were linked together long way back in the past

Moons are very important. Pay attention to them as they are crucial to the story.

Buckle up boys, we could possibly get info soon about the will of D or the void century

This tells me
Ancient Kingdom was a full moon Nation
It Crest was a full moon or Sun.

The clans in the world with a link to the moon were part of ancient kingdom.
Kozuki clan
Dawn (D.) Clan
Amatsuki clan
Shimotsuki clan
Sulong (Minks)

What if Minks are just animals that go affected by the moon's light a long time ago and it made them to start talking and have human traits?
So whenever they see the moon they even get way stronger .

I

Inspector_Mu

Shanks and Buggy have been pals for 30 years and more
That a long time.

The wb commanders have a bond of 30 years....well they disbanded
Post automatically merged:

Oden can last 3 days no food while being in water
The dude is a beast
Post automatically merged:

I like how WB calls Oden brother and Oden says Whitey chan lol

S

Shura

Another great chapter in a row

I literally felt like I am reading a diary of some person while reading the notes of Oden.

Toki came from 800 years ago is not surprising as we know from the spoilers but the surprising thing is that she wants to go to wano specifically and I have wondered why. Hopefully we get some spicy tidbits of void century.

Wano may also be related to ancient kingdom and void century may be the reason the Wano closed its borders.

Neko and Inu are cute as usual. Surprisingly they have mentioned that they know only five islands (Wano, Zou, Raftel, ??, ??). What are the other two??

Funny thing is seeing WB and Oden expressing dissatisfaction in the same way when they heard about wano. It is really funny.

Lastly, appearance of the great pirate Gold Roger and it seems he also know something about the isolation of Wano country.

Good to see flashback is racing towards main events without delay.

3.75/5

I

Inspector_Mu

I forgot the 5 islands:
Zou
Tottoland (yes , RP always existed there I believed , this is why Pedro and co went there many times to read or take it)
Wano
God Valley?
Laugh Tale

Also Pedro and Pekoms were gonna be the next Dukes
Look at Dukes, they were also sailing to read RPs or gain infos just like pedro and Pekoms were doing

Toki wanting to go wano... why?
Why is everyone trying to go there? Are Kozuki clan really that important... damn

Amazing Chapter, i am loving this oden flashback so much.

Holy shit toki is most likely from the void century and her same probably connects to the moon somehow, and she resembles her daughter so much.

Man oden resembles luffy/zoro so much.

It's so nice to see a younger shanks and this confirms 11 yr old was on rogers's ship. (roger was recruting hells early lol)

Young roger looks so much like ace but with a mustacher. Its interesting they used the same "gold roger" instead of "Gol D Roger" in this chapter.

Last edited:

Akai2

🆉🅾🆁🅾 🆃🅾🅾 🆂🆃🆁🅾🅽🅺!
Toki wanting to go wano... why?
Why is everyone trying to go there? Are Kozuki clan really that important... damn
The Kozuki clan created the Poneglyph that carry the will of the Ancient Kingdom that was destroyed by the WG 800 years ago.
She's from that time so she wants to see if the message was delivered. When Oden takes her back to Wano we're definitely getting important Void Century/Ancient Kingdom information :cheers:

saw your comment on reddit too :D
I feel like oda is gonna reveal something big in this flashback.

Status
Not open for further replies.