rate:

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

KINGKONGGUN15

The Soul King
One Piece - Chapter 978
Title: Introducing the Tobi Roppo

Support One Piece by subscribing to the new all access Shonen Jump released by VIZ or read the chapter for free on Monday on their website or phone app (if available in your region). For those who do not have access to VIZ can read the last 6 chapters on Shueisha's Manga Plus.

CHAPTER IS OUT ON

Please avoid posting one-word/one-liner comments such as "great chapter!" or "awesome, I'll read it later!" and ensure that you contribute to the discussion with your content!

Thanks for being a part of the WG community!

The entry of Onigashima is superb
Oda did a splendid job :amazing::amazing:

God Usopp:steef::steef:

The determination of the samurai is a bit scary. I guess some of them are really gonna die :kayneshrug:

Kinemon said that they are at 5 against 1 so the idea that the protagonist will team up they fight does not make sense. They are not enough to do so:goatasure::goatasure:

Apoo is just there to be a DJ :doffytroll::doffytroll:

I suppose that the spoiler provider thought that the Tobbi Roppo were introduce as stronger than the numbers because they were introduce on the last paste but to be fair, Queen call them before calling the numbers
If we consider that because they were introduce last it means that they are stronger so that means that they are also stronger than Big Mom crew (including Smoothie)
But logically the Numbers > The tobbi roppo :wonderland::specialmeh:

Talking of headliners, it seems that Hawkins fell into irrelevance :kawak:
Tbh I think he will come back to help the alliance one way or another :quest:

Concerning the Page One/Sanji discussion, i changed my mind. Initially I thought that Sanji beat him but that he came back but with the way Oda introduce them, that does not make sense for him to have been defeat. I mean that this chapter was suppose to be the introduction of the group, having one of the members being utterly defeat wat before the introduction of the group and keeping him in the said group does not make sense narratively wise:bamathink:

So no, Sanji did not defeat Page One imo:pepecafe::pepecafe:

J

Jo_Ndule

:goyea: Kidd and Luffy being the Main Men...
Killer got his weapons back,

But wait... Kamazou was supposed to be bette, killer Killer wasn't nerfed per Zori fanboys

:funky: Seems like I was right about P1 being weaker than other flyers.
fights :
Pero vs Brook Chopper Carrot Wanda
Sasaki vs Jinbei
Who who vs Zoro
P1 or Drake vs Sanji
Black Maria vs Robin Franky
Ulti vs Nami Ussop
Kanjuro vs Kawamatsu or Kinnemon + Kiku
Oniwaban vs Raizou, that ninja lady ...
Numbers vs Denjiro & Ashura

Important battles :
Apoo vs Kidd or Killer
Orochi vs Zoro
Jack vs Dukes
Commanders vs kidd/Law
Kaido Jr vs Luffy

Main event :
Kaido & BM vs SNs + Navy

Kin'emon for once has made a rather nice plan with the samurais and the supernovas and their crews disguising themselves as Beast Pirates to infiltrate the Fire festival. However knowing the Straw Hats and Kid this plan is not going to last and will surely go south soon. His decision to destroy the ships is also not a very smart move, you can call that samurai honor but I don't agree with this romantic and rather naïve view.

I love it that Apoo is the DJ of the Party and that Queen is the host/singer. I feel that he may be more of a obstacle to the alliance that he seems yet, his music df has surely at least a few good tricks.

Ulti really seems to care about Page One as a brother, I like it. I also really like her headstrong personnality and she may be already my favorite F6.

The BMP are in Onigashima but not yet at the party, which means that they may arrive at a critical moment and and up foiling the alliance's plan or that they must be talking between themselves about the last turns of events and the recent alliance with Kaido.

The Toppi Robbo have surely been kept in a room for a specific reason, I am curious to see which one.

Kaido's son is nowhere to be seen yet. That ironic considering all the enthusiasm about him appearing, him being named Ace with some even saying that he is stronger than the Calamities.

Status
Not open for further replies.