Not open for further replies.
B
One Piece - Chapter 981
Title: Engagement

CHAPTER IS OUT ON
V1:
https://readjump.com/mangas/one-piece/981
VIZ: MangaPlus

Support One Piece by subscribing to the new all access Shonen Jump released by VIZ or read the chapter for free on Monday on their website or phone app (if available in your region). For those who do not have access to VIZ can read the last 6 chapters on Shueisha's MangaPlus

Please avoid posting one-word/one-liner comments such as "great chapter!" or "awesome, I'll read it later!" and ensure that you contribute to the discussion with your content!

Thanks for being a part of the WG community!

Amazing chapter.

Loved the Color Spread.

Nice to see some durability feats from Apoo and Kidd taking the Apoo's attack like its nothing lol. Apoo's df can be pretty damn powerful but i believe Corazon's df will be a good counter to it.

So it seems Who's who crew at made of cats people, i really hope who's who is either Saber tooth or a Smilodon .

I know some people don't really like the Number design, I think it looks kinda funky. Tho i believe they will still have a transformation with their zoan forms.

Queen's reaction are always hilarious.

Black Maria being part of the red light district, is she somehow related to Stussy by any chance. The look on Sanji's face when he went there and there was no one (prostitute) was flipping hilarious.

Daifuku and other big mom pirated talking shit about world seeing strawhats head, when you couldn't even take care of carrot lol.

The Big Mom and panel and the Chopper reaction was too damn priceless. Did she lose her memory again where she says "what port"?

I am just so damn glad to see Marco in Wano. Guess the big mom pirates really don't fare well against flying users.

I want wait for the this all out war to start, holy shit its gonna be incredible.

J

Jo_Ndule

• Kidd dura and endurance is good
  • Kidd AP is great, he did more to Apoo in one blow than Apoo did to him.
  • Apoo is indeed mid high tier.
  • Apoo df can be countered by skilled fighters who can produced earbuds or those who wear headphones/cover their ears already.
  • I like how Zoro, Luffy, Kidd and Killer have better chemistry than most people already.
    The top 2 captains and Underlings among SNs.
  • So BM wasn't told about the port, BMP getting sidelined so that alliance get chance to survive at Onigashima
  • Pero beef with King
  • Marco AP is below King, they both range so far around g3.
  • Number 10 (might be low high tier), 8 9 7 6 are top vet, 5 4 3 2 1 are just vets
  • WhoWho and Sasaki have been more interesting than king... The background calamity

Hopefully Oda make BMP get back up fast

Fantastic chapter.

The humor was on point with the Idiot Trio and Killer.
Apoo took a licking but wasn't humiliated.
The Numbers are around and we now know that each Tobi Roppo has their own estate on Onigashima
And of course... LMFAOOOO. Marco sinking the BMP again.
The TR having their own estate in Onigashima reminds me of the CP9 agents having their own special rooms in EL

Akai2

🆉🅾🆁🅾 🆃🅾🅾 🆂🆃🆁🅾🅽🅺!
- Gorgeous cover and eye-popping lead color spread. It’s fun seeing more unique coloring techniques and combinations in One Piece recently. The artwork in the main chapter was excellent too. It’s impressive how packed the chapters are with many different genres of scenes, yet the artwork always stays consistent in tone and feel.

A single chapter that portrays Metal Assimilation Powers, Sound Wave Powers, Super Giant Brute Force, Queen/Who’s Who Tension Buildup, Alliance Undercover Army Infiltration, Sanji/Linlin/Chopper Comedy Gold and Nostalgic Characters’ Comeback!
Props to Oda and his assitants.

- Sharing my thoughts on Luffy/Apoo’s abilities that I shared in the Spoiler thread:
Even if Luffy did see the future attack in this scene from last chapter (and I'm assuming he did, since he tells Zoro "I Know!!")
He'd still have no way to avoid it since it's hearing based. As long as you hear the sound, you'll get hit. That's a captivating way of setting the parameters of Apoo's ability at a seemingly unavoidable range but with a fatal drawback.

1) As long as you're within the radius of sound distance, an undodgeable attack that literally originates on your body will land.

Which is seemingly broken on the surface, but

2) If you block the sound waves' pathway into your inner ear, you'll be untouchable with the same attack.
Ability interactions are always more engaging and fun than a linear power scale, even when a character is marked as "stronger" on the power scale, he can run into a bad/unknown matchup (see Luffy/Ceasar, etc...)

- It appears that the Rocks alliance news has spread. It makes me even more certain that Weevil will be manipulated by Bakkin (A former Rocks crew member herself) to come to Wano. Most probably the grand fleet as well.

- Also, it appears that Marco’s change of heart about joining the party was triggered by the Rocks alliance news. Does that mean he’s privy to some Kaido/Linlin weakness that he'd learned from WB? Either way, it’s fucking awesome that he’s finally here, and he looks great in those glasses. Pineapple bois :phoenixmarco::phoenixmarco::phoenixmarco:

Very interesting line about the change in age, we already know JoyBoy will “appear” during the war. All the major factions are represented. Even if you don’t count Drake as Marine representation, I would like to see Akainu send the SSG to try it out here! If you created a weapon that renders the Shichibukai expendable, might as well try it out against two emperors.
- Law’s plan working for 2 straight chapters, his longest streak yet! :lawbepo:

The three mono-brain cell organism siblings are following it to the T! Their interactions are the spirit of One Piece. Poor Killer! God love him for trying to chaperone these three idiots.

- Queen is an absolute meme machine!

- Great scene between Kid and Apoo, the contrast between who the “Conquerors” and “Non-Conquerors” of the Worst Generation is clearer and clearer. Chinjao told Luffy that the conquerors from this generation are who’ll fight it out for the One Piece. Luffy, Kid, Blackbeard already staked their claims by not submitting to another pirate’s rule. Hawkins and Apoo told Law and Kid about the unrealistic chances of opposing a Yonko. Spirits that aim for the top vs Spirits that submit. It’ll be interesting to see where the others fall on the spectrum when it’s all said and done.
- The cat ladies in Who’s Who crew are hotties :steef:
But more importantly that man wants all the smoke. I’m not sure if he’ll get to have his fight with Queen though, as the war will start soon.
- Sanji, Chopper and Linlin’s faces had me laughing out loud. Visual comedy gold :suresure:
- Izo/Kiku, Momo/Hyori, Tsuru/Kinemon and Kawamatsu/Onimaru reunions will be great. Not sure if it’ll happen until after the war though.

Last edited:

Flampe the thot just like her mama she gonna be the new big mom banging and producing next generation of Big Mom pirates.
  • Kidd dura and endurance is good
  • Kidd AP is great, he did more to Apoo in one blow than Apoo did to him.
  • Apoo is indeed mid high tier.
  • Apoo df can be countered by skilled fighters who can produced earbuds or those who wear headphones/cover their ears already.
  • I like how Zoro, Luffy, Kidd and Killer have better chemistry than most people already.
    The top 2 captains and Underlings among SNs.
  • So BM wasn't told about the port, BMP getting sidelined so that alliance get chance to survive at Onigashima
  • Pero beef with King
  • Marco AP is below King, they both range so far around g3.
  • Number 10 (might be low high tier), 8 9 7 6 are top vet, 5 4 3 2 1 are just vets
  • WhoWho and Sasaki have been more interesting than king... The background calamity

Hopefully Oda make BMP get back up fast
I wonder if killer and zoro will talk about their encounter. Might shed some light about a lot of stuff. Would love a rematch between the two after this arc.

Also fuck flampe.

Status
Not open for further replies.