Spoiler One Piece Chapter 983 Spoilers Discussion

Who Is Luffy’s Right Hand Man?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Still not bad writing to me tho, I don't need the character arcs from ever major character, just that he story is cohesive and compelling with a deeper theme or themes attached lol. But dat me
I also don't need character arcs from every character. But this story specfically NEEDED ONE.

For example law and Corazon in their flashback. Law starts out on a suicidal vendetta of destruction and ends up accepting a second lease on life and learning to care for others. Corazon starts as a man on revenge mission to bring down his brother. He ends as a person who chooses saving law instead of wanting to just kill doffy when hes chooses not too shoot doffy and instead maintain the no sound sphere around law.

This story is compelling with shit like Trades for fruits that grant immortality, the plan to create criminal empires, genocide and all the works but its impossible without a very clear narrative around the character arcs of law and Corazon

And this is the same with Oden. We have the fuckin pirate king in this flashback arc and the one piece and yet ITS NOT GOOD without a character arc for Oden. Remember one of the main thrusts of the flashback is Oden’s need for adventure. He specfically denies returning home in search of this adventure and and he only returns when he's seen all the world can offer (the one piece). And the ONLY visible change in his character is that he's now a pastor of the church of Joyboy.

This is the biggest reason we should care about Roger or the one piece. Because it changed oden SOMEHOW. Thats the same reason we should care about the Ope Ope fruit, because it brought Corazon and law together and gave law a new lease on life. These big events and big themes must affect people in reasonable ways for us to tell they are big.

The one piece gave Oden faith. Why? How? Do we know why Oden didnt have faith before this? Do we know why Oden should care about prophecies now? Oden just returns as a man who is willing to let him and his family DIE on some gamble of the future just working out because Joyboy.

It's fuckin jarring. Especially since this wasn't even a main theme of the whole flashback. Like t was introduced once again the start and suddenly it's the defining trait that affects the entire end of the flashback.

Geez and what worse is that we won't ever see this resolved. We shall learn about the prophecy and the one piece one day but we will never learn what exactly about it changed oden. Because who cares. The guy was boiled alive all Chad-like so it's fine

Yamato, white long hair, beard which is also white.., it's definitely depiction of an old man.., cuffed with most likely sea stone, and still manage to pull some feat. But is it yamato really kaido's son though..?, for all I know he could be somebody whose very old and hiding.., as a son of an emperor:wonderland:
He's probably like 30 years old or so. And I've got that ridiculous long beard in my 20s

Anyway this is a black and white manga. He's probably just blonde or has pink hair or whatever weird color

Yamato, white long hair, beard which is also white.., it's definitely depiction of an old man.., cuffed with most likely sea stone, and still manage to pull some feat. But is it yamato really kaido's son though..?, for all I know he could be somebody whose very old and hiding.., as a son of an emperor:wonderland:
Hype hype!! Here here!! The lurking legend will be revealed.

Status
Not open for further replies.