Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 0/5

Votes: 3 12.0%

• Total voters
One Piece EPISODE 1008
"Nami's Surrender?! Ulti's Fierce Headbutt"

ナミ降伏!?うるティの猛頭突き
Nami Kōfuku!? Uruti no Mō-zutsuki

Opening 24 | PAINT - I Don't Like Mondays.
Chapter(s) : -

Screenplay | 米村正二 - Shōji Yonemura
Art | 黄国威 - Guo Wei Huang
Animation | 黄国威 - Guo Wei Huang
Direction |
嶋谷将 - Tasuku Shimaya
Storyboard | - 中島豊 - Yutaka Nakashima & 嶋谷将 - Tasuku Shimaya
Airdate: January 30, 2022

[Episode 1009 PREVIEW]

OP 24 - TV Size

Last edited:
Good action packed chapter

I loved the little clash between Marco vs Big Mom, Marco's phoenix flame affecting Prometheus is interesting for sure.

Apoo holding his own both Zoro and Drake looked pretty cool and him fighting with tonfas was pretty dope.

Holy shit Usoop basically tanked another head butt and damn Nami took a beating. I love that she still stood her ground and have the confidence in the captain to becoming the future Pirate King,

Pot Goblin

Conejo Blanco
Kinda glad Carrot's part was cut out of this episode, was kinda worried since the preview for 1008 made it seem like it was going to be pretty dense already. Not the best situation if you want a focused scene for a character.

And the preview for 1009 is giving me good vibes for the Moon Raid scene. I don't know what it is but I think I'm going to get my wish for a well-animated scene!
:steef:

Doesn't change anything about her current situation though, I just wanted to gauge the anime's attitude towards the character.

• Red Vs blue flames looks pretty. Then the pineapple gets choked out like a rubber chicken.:milaugh:
  • We still don't know if Marco was hurting Prometheus's soul or if phoenix flames devour regular flames.:memehm: Or why a regenerating man was afraid of a candy arrow.

• Apoo one-handing two Supernova and flipping through their assaults. What a beast. A shame 720 phoenix got cut.

• Brook putting on a number because he thinks he's dying but he's already dead is a funny in-character moment to add.

• Orange town flashbacks? That's where Nami got her first impression of Luffy.

• Yikes. Usopp's skull cracking makes me wince every time.
  • Nami forces herself to say it through a flood of blood and tears.:perocry:

• Ulti playing dead inside the jaws of plants or dogs so Pay-Pay comes to the rescue. She is a riot.
Solid episode. I think the content here was good enough to justify the staff from 1006, but we got something enjoyable nonetheless. The weakest portion was Marco Vs Big Mom with a straight forward adaption and therefore a bland end product given the magnitude of the characters fighting. Excellent choice to move Carrot and Wanda's moment to another episode as the focus here was Usopp and Nami.

Appropriate flashbacks of Nami herself hearing Luffy's resolve, Nami and Usopp feeling helpless after spamming attacks in vain, seeing their suffering from multiple regular and haki headbutts, nice animation at the end with great VA work and rare OST. The best part is that it feels like a complete sequence, where as the manga got criticized for cutting to the juicy part, building up from the initial chase and Usopp teasing what Nami was going to say to hearing Nami's moment and the episode ending at the same point with Tama. Good stuff.

Last edited:
Now this was a good episode. In terms of stretching the content of the manga into 20 minutes while being entertaining it did a really good job.

Starting with Marco vs Big Mom, with him being able to overpower Big Mom at least a little bit, which is always nice to see.

Extending Nami and Ussop vs Ulti and Page 1 was also necessary since it was barely a fight in the manga. And I liked the scenes they added like Nami tricking Ulti, and Ussop running away only to be brave and return later. These things are staples from Ussop and Nami fights and I enjoyed seeing them, even if they were small scenes.

And that soundtrack at the end really made the scene with Nami feel more emotional.

Akai2

🆉🅾🆁🅾 🆃🅾🅾 🆂🆃🆁🅾🅽🅺!
Good episode. I think Ulti's VA is awesome. It makes me so sad knowing what happens to her and Pay Pay after this :josad:

Nami and Ussop's moments were great. Also Tama is a strong girl. Respect Tama :catrude:

Only issue is that Toei adapted Oda's filler chapter and not the meme canon smh
Post automatically merged:

Ulti humping page one face and Ussop green star was so hentai :steef:
Dude wtf?

Last edited:
Good episode. I think Ulti's VA is awesome. It makes me so sad knowing what happens to her and Pay Pay after this :josad:

Nami and Ussop's moments were great. Also Tama is a strong girl. Respect Tama :catrude:

Dude wtf?
Kinda ironic fact but Ulti's VA/seiyuu said growing up her favorite One Piece character was Nami of all people 🤣 (she's close in age to Ulti actually irl while Page One is in his late 50s and narrates Kaguya-sama)

Akai2

🆉🅾🆁🅾 🆃🅾🅾 🆂🆃🆁🅾🅽🅺!
Kinda ironic fact but Ulti's VA/seiyuu said growing up her favorite One Piece character was Nami of all people 🤣 (she's close in age to Ulti actually irl while Page One is in his late 50s and narrates Kaguya-sama)
Yeah, Mahito Ohba is the GOAT. They were just celebrating his birthday on Kaguya forums lol

Dude wtf?
honestly a majority of Nami & Usopp vs Page One and Ulti should have consisted of this content.