One Piece Episode 1018 - Kaido Laughs! Four Emperors vs. New Generation!

Rate The Episode

• 5/5

Votes: 9 13.8%
  • 4/5

Votes: 5 7.7%
  • 3/5

Votes: 17 26.2%
  • 2/5

Votes: 8 12.3%
  • 1/5

Votes: 14 21.5%
  • 0/5

Votes: 12 18.5%

• Total voters
One Piece EPISODE 1018
"Kaido Laughs! Four Emperors vs. New Generation!"

笑うカイドウ!四皇VS新世代!
Warau Kaidō! Yonkō tai Shin Sedai!

Opening 24 | PAINT - I Don't Like Mondays.
Chapter(s) : -

Screenplay | 藤田伸三 - Shinzō Fujita
Art | 黄国威 - Guo Wei Huang
Animation | 横山健次 - Kenji Yokoyama
Direction | 竹下健一 - Kenichi Takeshita
Storyboard | ___
Airdate: May 22, 2022

[Episode 1019 PREVIEW]

OP 24 - TV Size

Last edited:
Damn 4 consecutive episodes (3 ch in 4 eps) we are focused on a One Piece fight, thanks you Oda.

Luffy’s Kong Gatling was doing pretty damn good against Kaido, guess the advanced armament haki still put a lot of pressure on Gear 4th where he still has the time limit.

Zoro protecting Luffy while he is basically unguarded was such a wholesome scene, that's a vice captain for you. (Kaido eating Luffy was hilrious too)

Zoro is an absolute monster, and him being able to damage Kaido just shows how much of an upgrade Enma has been for him.
(It's a Dragon twister palozza up here).

The Yonkou's really are built different, Kaido is out here fighting 5 supernovas and laughing everything off while lifting up an island.

wasted potential.

but did zoro just create a kaido sized dragon with his haki, and the golden aura around zoro, and the wound on kaido was pretty hype.

i still don't feel comfortable with zoro being paralleled with a clown like oden, but at the end of the day oden was strong enough to kill kaido with two hits, so i can overlook that for now.

luffy looked like moria after shadow asgard, his body and mind couldn't live up to his devil fruit ability and lost the form and his consciousness, that's puts things into perspective according to what kaido said in chapter 1045, he's not ready for awakening yet.

I’m sorry this episode was complete garbage

Luffy’s Kong Gatling was stretched for 1-2 whole minutes with the exact same reaction shots the whole time

Zoro spent 2 minutes in the anime charging up his tatsumaki (that we barely even got to see) when it’s supposed to be a pretty fast attack

Crazy super saiyan aura everywhere (with the same sound effects LOL)

Same reaction shots used across the entire episode to drag it

I’d be surprised if they adapted even half a chapter this episode

:risicheck:

Rewatched the episode.

Not a great episode. Had stronger stuff in the second half.

The tatsumaki charge up was really cool but the attack itself sadly didn't deliver. There were some brief flashes from Kaido's flying slashes were also alright. The first half was a big load of nothing.

Very conservative episode.
I’m sorry this episode was complete garbage

Luffy’s Kong Gatling was stretched for 1-2 whole minutes with the exact same reaction shots the whole time

Zoro spent 2 minutes in the anime charging up his tatsumaki (that we barely even got to see) when it’s supposed to be a pretty fast attack

Crazy super saiyan aura everywhere (with the same sound effects LOL)

Same reaction shots used across the entire episode to drag it

I’d be surprised if they adapted even half a chapter this episode

:risicheck:
This was a full chapter.

• The letter of the day is C for CGI Kaido, our special guest who's making lots of appearances today.

• Law could easily solve Luffy's dilemma and send him to rest for 10 minutes, but he did what's really important and that's showing the world he's not Luffy's subordinate.:catblush:

• Kaido really does have a death wish, this dragon can't stop trying swallow other DF users
  • Enma made its own giant aura dragon:noo::noo::noo:

• First time CP0's Maha and Longarm get lines? Maha's nasal voice is giving me gag character vibes :sadgrin:

• Bowler Hat has white and black eyes to represent CP0 sides with neither faction and can switch at any time. Cheeky.
Apart from that slow lull at the start, that was a fairly alright. I do have to question why we're getting 5 minutes of Luffy punching Kaido, Sanji filler in 1016, anything to avoid creating original fight content. Episode was solid in terms of direction and art/animation. While nothing stood out, nothing looked bad either aside from the superfluous 3D Kaido. I do like the way Kaido coils his body before passing wind :madmonk:, and how Zoro spun around like he was riding Kaido's twister. Good OST selection this time and neat how the CP0 scene used improvised music and singing from the geisha in the room. We get a break from Roof Piece and action in general for a few episodes, hopefully giving the animators enough downtime before their next banger.

Rewatched the episode.

Not a great episode. Had stronger stuff in the second half.

The tatsumaki charge up was really cool but the attack itself sadly didn't deliver. There were some brief flashes from Kaido's flying slashes were also alright. The first half was a big load of nothing.

Very conservative episode.

This was a full chapter.
Really?

With all that padding it felt like much less

:saitahu: