Votes: 9 47.4%

• Total voters
One Piece EPISODE 1030
"A Pledge for the New Era! Luffy and Uta"

映画連動エピソード
新時代の誓い!ルフィとウタ
Eiga Rendō Episōdo
Shin Jidai no Chikai! Rufi to Uta

Opening SP | New Genesis (新時代) - Ado (Fuji TV)
Opening 24 | PAINT - I Don't Like Mondays. (Simulcast)

Chapter(s) : -

Screenplay | 山崎亮 - Ryo Yamazaki
Art | ___
Animation |
横山健次 - Kenji Yokoyama
Direction | 所勝美 - Katsumi Tokoro
Storyboard | ___
Airdate: August 21, 2022

Episode 1031 Preview

OP 24 - TV Size

Last edited:
Why has Shanks looked so weird in these flashbacks? It's like he has more shadows and lines than the other characters. He looks pasted in.
Toei Director: make him look MORE MYSTERIOUS than he already is, we gotta generate hype, do you understandu??

Toei Animator: but how?

Toei Director: oh just add more shadows, easy

Best filler we've gotten in a while. People will hate on it because of Uta and Film Red, but this has a lot of great information in it: Beckman's CoC, Sengoku saying Roger would be ashamed. And... the next episode is going to be Koby talking about Shanks? Alright, lol.

Things I didn't like:
-Not enough Uta, considering this is her filler arc setting up her and Shank's movie
-Some wonky animation/drawings

Things I liked:
-Colors used were great, a lot of wonderful shots in this episode
-Beckman beings Luffy's mom
-Luffy learning not to pry on other people's personal issues from Beckman. Through the series, Luffy refuses to ask about other people's issues if he knows it's painful for them. He just does what he can to help them. Knowing he learned that from Beckman is awesome
-Beckman's CoC
-Sengoku and Garp talking about Shanks. Sengoku apparently had a high level of respect for Roger
-The cute reel of the young Straw Hats

Other thoughts:
-Shanks either was more reckless in his younger days and mellowed out more over time and got on the WG's good side, or, he became so freakishly powerful that the WG can't do anything to keep from him invading Mary Geoise and confronting the Gorosei directly.

Shisui

Never Feed The Badders Pasta
I hate bring this up but that's the difference between luffy and naruto when naruto cries it doesn't hit that hard cuz the brats probably crying every 50 chapters . But luffy is a fucking man he have cried only 3 or 4 times in 1000+ eps.

Luffy cried over a bounty
Luffy cried over a ship
Luffy cried after his battle against Usopp
Luffy cried after Kuma split the team
Luffy cried after Bon sacrifices himself in ID
Luffy cried over Ace
Luffy cried when he got kidnapped
Luffy cried after getting rescued
Luffy cried when Sabo "died"
Luffy cried when Sabo came back
Luffy cried in the latest episode

Where exactly are you getting only 3 or 4 times???

I like Luffy but Naruto crying over Jiraya >>>>>>>

I hate bring this up but that's the difference between luffy and naruto when naruto cries it doesn't hit that hard cuz the brats probably crying every 50 chapters . But luffy is a fucking man he have cried only 3 or 4 times in 1000+ eps.

I can never take crying in one piece seriously, apart from few scenes(luffy aint in that). And naruto has one of the best I would say.
Post automatically merged:

Now I am confident Ben Beckmann will have the CoC too. Can he shoot the CoC coated bullets? The Ben Beckmann hype is still going strong!
His screentime is over

A YouTuber had pointed out that maybe it was Beckman who purposely left the box open with the devil fruit for Luffy to see and eat it. Now seeing that he talked with Luffy, with Luffy crying down his back that he wants to be stronger makes me really believe. :kayneshrug: