One Piece Episode 906 - Duel - The Magician and the Surgeon of Death!

Rate The Episode

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good episode other then the episode starting 5:00 min

I know Law is pissed right now but he has to realize that my man Zoro puts the “Loyal” in “Loyalty.” Even Zoro realizes that it was a mistake to take down Holdem but he’ll never go against his captain and I can respect that

Man law df is way too fucking haxed.

Tama is way too adorable in the anime.

A largely enjoyable episode.

Fukuzawa's board was great, and the direction and music placement was consistently solid throughout the episode. I liked how they expanded on the duel between Hawkins and Law by making sure the action realistically flowed better between scenes.

Animation wise, Ishizuka and Kojima(can't believe he showed up twice in a row) were the absolute highlights(handling Luffy's stamp on the gifter and Ace's fire fist respectively), and while there were plenty of snippets of nice action scattered throughout the episode, those two were the best. Tu Yong Ce handled the "second round" of the fight against Hawkins, with him animating the rotation around Law, and the clash, a bit of a conservative scene from him, but I will give him credit for the clash itself, which had some nice effects, and some really nice smears.

Overall, largely solid episode.

Romance Dawn next week. Should be a nice getaway.

S

Shura

great episode...pacing/action choreography/Luffy-tama-speed interactions/Law and Zoro meet is looking fine..wondering what Luffy has missed?

And it is better to have a different fillers like romance dawn instead of over stretching manga panels to keep the difference in timeline between manga and anime...

Is it just me, or did somebody forget to hit the Zoom Out key on many of these drawings? Pretty trippy seeing so many faces and bodies in focus and talking but cut off from the full frame shot.

Dunno really. Maybe it's an artistic choice to make viewers stay focused by forcing them to imagine what the full frame should look like. They got me, and I was largely entertained, so they get a free pass this time.

On another note, Law aims for the head...

Hawkins and his deer stand perfectly still....

And he stabs him in the stomach:milaugh::milaugh::milaugh:

The episode was pretty good; much better than the last few. There was a slight bit of dragging at the beginning with Luffy facing fodders that he could have used conquerors on instead. Law vs Hawkins was good. Hopefully Romance Dawn next week will be a nice change of pace for once (or at least buy the anime some time so as to not be such a slow motion nightmare).

Is it just me, or did somebody forget to hit the Zoom Out key on many of these drawings? Pretty trippy seeing so many faces and bodies in focus and talking but cut off from the full frame shot.

Dunno really. Maybe it's an artistic choice to make viewers stay focused by forcing them to imagine what the full frame should look like. They got me, and I was largely entertained, so they get a free pass this time.
Could you provide examples of what you mean by that?

S

Shura

The episode was pretty good; much better than the last few. There was a slight bit of dragging at the beginning with Luffy facing fodders that he could have used conquerors on instead. Law vs Hawkins was good. Hopefully Romance Dawn next week will be a nice change of pace for once (or at least buy the anime some time so as to not be such a slow motion nightmare).
exactly...they better make filler episodes like romance dawn instead of dragging out manga panels...that way animation can save the pacing quality and the episodes are enjoyable.....I am also fine with canonical fillers of story instead of restricting Luffy not using CoC on fodders

I wish Law would drop the shocked angry act. At this point, Luffy could not make it more clear that he’s not gonna follow the plan (or even know what it is). He either needs to chill or make his anger more slapstick & comical like Usopp

Status
Not open for further replies.