One Piece Episode 909 - Mysterious Grave Markers - A Reunion at the Ruins of Oden Castle!

Rate The Episode

• 5/5

Votes: 9 36.0%
  • 4/5

Votes: 14 56.0%
  • 3/5

Votes: 1 4.0%
  • 2/5

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1/5

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 0/5

Votes: 1 4.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Gran D. Master

Even looking past all the filler content, these Wano episodes are directed pretty poorly. They completely trashed the part where Zoro was supposed to get lost off-panel, and instead they showed him jumping off the komainu just to fight some filler animal...
:lawsigh:

Even looking past all the filler content, these Wano episodes are directed pretty poorly. They completely trashed the part where Zoro was supposed to get lost off-panel, and instead they showed him jumping off the komainu just to fight some filler animal...
:lawsigh:
Um, the direction for this episode was insanely good. What are you on about...

Yeah, they changed that scene, but that's not bad direction, that's just adapting the content. Also, he did fight a tiger off panel, hence, him being shown fighting a tiger.
Post automatically merged:

Fantastic episode.

Even though pages wise this episode didn't cover much, the direction throughout helped the pacing greatly and helped maintain the timing in comedic scenes. Aya Komaki definitely earned their spot as series director. Overall, a very funny and well put together episode.

Next week looks interesting as well. Looking forward to them having a prelude version of Shutenmaru vs Oden.

To actually show his face now...I remember that they showed only his silhouette with only his hair visible in this chapter. Poor anime-onlys 😱
I mean, they are still attempting to obscure his face. They are just doing a very shit job at it...

Like, he'll probably look markedly different when we actually get around to seeing him outside of the orange glow bullshit.

G

Gran D. Master

Yeah, they changed that scene, but that's not bad direction, that's just adapting the content. Also, he did fight a tiger off panel, hence, him being shown fighting a tiger.
No. In the manga Zoro got separated because of his sense of direction. The anime completely threw that aside and made it into "I stay behind because I fight big monster"

Great episode
Love the color scheme and the voice they chose for kyoshiro.
It was weird seing zoro fight a samurai tiger lol.
I am glad they added more scenes to add more depiction to the 20 year prophecy instead of just one person giving a exposiion
I am kinda pissed the anime spoiled oden already ):

No. In the manga Zoro got separated because of his sense of direction. The anime completely threw that aside and made it into "I stay behind because I fight big monster"
Yes, hence me saying "adapting the content".

And yes, he does fight a tiger off panel in the manga. Like, if anything, the anime is specifically going out of its way to make Zoro look cool. Similar thing happened in 897 where instead of Luffy wondering who was killing the bandits, they just showed Zoro killing the bandits.

Kiku and Kinemon are too hot for TV. I guess Sanji just wants to be pinned down on the floor himself.

Toki's poem sounded out and illustrated is beautiful. Children taught by a sexy rokurokubi, that's how you instill propaganda!

Kanjuro, a crow, and a literal bear shitting in the woods. Just what I needed.

A shame we didn't get any filler with the Curlyhats. I wouldn't mind seeing how they first experienced Wano. Nice episode nonetheless.
To actually show his face now...I remember that they showed only his silhouette with only his hair visible in this chapter. Poor anime-onlys 😱
Those suckers, they're missing out on Oda's top-tier silhouette game. Now they've seen Orochi, the nine shadows, and even the face of holy Oden-sama himself. They're going to experience things in a different way for sure.

G

Gran D. Master

Yes, hence me saying "adapting the content".

And yes, he does fight a tiger off panel in the manga. Like, if anything, the anime is specifically going out of its way to make Zoro look cool. Similar thing happened in 897 where instead of Luffy wondering who was killing the bandits, they just showed Zoro killing the bandits.
Yes just let the anime replace all the funny Zoro scenes with even more edgy/badass scenes. That will surely make his character more enjoyable
:tchpepe:

S

Shura

great episode.....

Law is seriously teasing Luffy....

lol, even tigers are carrying swords in hands.....

well, Act 1 is going to end in 4-5 episodes.....looking forward to Luffy vs Kaido

Status
Not open for further replies.