One Piece Episode 915 - Destructive! One Shot, One Kill - Thunder Bagua!

Rate The Episode

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Very much loved this one even more than last week. Not as many big hit animators, but I can't complain when there was more action and less running around and the fight reaches its climax. Shida's Bagua raised the whole thing to another level.

So good how they finished up the flurry of Gear 3 attacks with an intense Grizzly Magnum that finally makes the dragon stay on the ground. All other Gear 3rd moves eventually got shrugged off and Kaido regained his senses with his eyes turning back to normal, though not completely as seen by stinky alcohol breath. Luffy's death aura looked fierce but not sure why it stayed on after he finished the attack.

The "human" Kaido looked awesome all episode. Changing back to pick up his club and stumble around as a drunk was hilarious, good way to foam in the idea that Luffy still had some hope. Luffy's Gear 4th overall was not as clean as other G4s in the past, but that was the best Kong Organ I've seen in the anime. They usually animate that in a way that Luffy looks like a machine retracting and pumping piston punches, here it looked completely organic like a gatling attack should be.

And then THE Bagua struck like lightning. When Kaido cracks his neck and warms up, LOL, it's like a batter stepping up to strike. That dark aura stuff was a bit peculiar, but I liked how Kaido concentrated all of it into his club like he was focusing his haki into one strike. For a moment I thought a lightning dragon was going to descend into the club, but I'm glad the anime didn't go that far. Luffy actually uses the King Kong Gun to make Kaido look way better than in the manga, instead of countering the attack the madman eats the full thing and retaliates with Bagua at the same time! The manga didn't show complete movement from Kaido, just an aftermath of him blitzing Luffy like it was Zoro/Swordsman technique with Luffy landing right behind Kaido. Here we got the complete swing, the impact of Luffy taking a club to the face, and he even gets sent flying far off into the distance like a nuclear bomb just went off. Glorious. What a sight to behold.

We get some Law/Hawkins stuff and then the episode ends at the perfect moment. What kind of king did you say you'd be? Kozou. That Kaido face. Utter humiliation. Fantastic episode from start to finish.

Anyways, Kaido clubbed the animation staff so hard that I believe there's no episode next week. Anime and manga on break in the same week, what rotten luck. Act 1 concludes next time which means even more good stuff I can't wait to see animated.

I thought it was a pretty good episode. Yes they took some liberties, but the action held everything together well enough I think. It sure emphasized the strength differences between Luffy and Kaido. Luffy was given it his all and getting nowhere fast. Kaido's 1 hit K.O. was awesome, and I loved Luffy's unconscious glare at the end. What kind of king indeed.
:catsure:

the one gripe i have with the episode was that they didn't adapt this

panel and the bottom left where
Kaido before swinging his bat breathes a brief sigh, kinda like Luffy's attack weren't 'exciting' (not to mention in the manga he didn't even attack Luffy in his dragon form like he did last episode). The animation was fantastic this episode but I felt leaving out this part kinda 'lessened' Kaido's one-sided victory

Fuck Toei. Seriously. That last shot somehow nerfed both Luffy and Kaido. How is that even possible?

Kaido was supposed to catch Luffy off guard and completely shock him. It wasn't a clash. It was a big WOW moment. And Kong Organ sends Kaido crashing, which is true, but KKG, his strongest move, does jack shit. Fuck you Toei.

for anyone who say is great episode , without offence either you dont remember the manga or you are anime only

artur explain it here

100%. Kaido's speed was the shocking factor. We all knew he could tank attacks, but him speed blitzing Luffy was made the chapter.

Worst

Custom title
Just finished to watch...meh the hit was satisfying cuz it's really Kaido tanking Luffy's strongest attack and overwhelming him but in the manga he freaking speedbplitzed him I mean u see Luffy freaking out when Kaido looks at him like "I'm going to fking smash you kid" while here he just charges him with a King Gong Gun (but I guess making Kaido speed blitz him wasn't as satisfying to animate?? IDK)
I didn't like that they delayed the "Pirate King? You boy??"
But yeah....if I was an anime only I probably would have liked it more.....

Why would he use culverin, isn't that used to chase down opponents, not someone that hasn't even attempted to dodge your attacks?
Dragon Kaido fighting back lessens the impact of the end as does the lack of speed blitz. Also the scenes they put inbetween Kaido knocking him out and asking the brat what kind of King he said he will be also take away from it not to mention the amount of time that has passed in the Anime since Luffy said that. The aura shit is just strange looking but not as strange as the way Luffy flew from the impact.

It wasn't a clash xD
Did they not both attack simultaneously?

That's the definition of a clash isn't it?

When both characters manage to attack each other at the same time

Like Luffy vs Katakuri ended with a clash

Kaido was supposed to have attacked Luffy so fast that Luffy literally could not Eden react to a damn thing so that a clash was impossible

Why would he use culverin, isn't that used to chase down opponents, not someone that hasn't even attempted to dodge your attacks?
Dragon Kaido fighting back lessens the impact of the end as does the lack of speed blitz. Also the scenes they put inbetween Kaido knocking him out and asking the brat what kind of King he said he will be also take away from it not to mention the amount of time that has passed in the Anime since Luffy said that. The aura shit is just strange looking but not as strange as the way Luffy flew from the impact.
Nothing in that sequence made sense.

(1) Rhino Schneider is supposed to kick an opponent in the face, not in the stomach. That's not how the move works.

(2) Culverin as you mentioned is supposed to CHASE opponents. It's meant for reachability. If he's standing right there, there is 0 reason to use it.

(3) Kong Organ sends Kaido crashing through buildings, but a King Kong Gun does less than a Kong Gun. Luffy is refining King Kong Gun as his secret fucking move against Kaido.

That's his #1 move, and he's used Kong Organ twice, but never used King Kong Gun vs. enemies since the ending of Dressrosa.

Status
Not open for further replies.