One Piece Episode 918 - It's On - The Special Operation to Bring Down Kaido!

Rate The Episode

• 5/5

Votes: 9 25.7%
  • 4/5

Votes: 14 40.0%
  • 3/5

Votes: 9 25.7%
  • 2/5

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • 1/5

• 0/5

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
That was a good episode, everything done well even in the order of events which the anime changed a bit.

First of all, King and Queen voice actors is so fitting. Their appearance with the music and thunder made the whole scene better than seeing it first time in the manga.

Shutenmaru and Inu fight with the added fight scene like the usual in this arc was again done so well.

Nami and Shinobu was fun and the running scene was hilarious.

Everything in this episode was spot on and 5/5 for me.

This is why I love anime and will never let go of it no matter the pace cuz the feeling it gives you with its voice acting and moving pictures and the soundtracks that back the scenes gives the whole of one piece a life. Of course I also enjoy the manga equally, so I am one of the lucky ones to be able to look at the good sides of everything and enjoy it despite the problems.

That was a good episode, everything done well even in the order of events which the anime changed a bit.

First of all, King and Queen voice actors is so fitting. Their appearance with the music and thunder made the whole scene better than seeing it first time in the manga.

Shutenmaru and Inu fight with the added fight scene like the usual in this arc was again done so well.

Nami and Shinobu was fun and the running scene was hilarious.

Everything in this episode was spot on and 5/5 for me.

This is why I love anime and will never let go of it no matter the pace cuz the feeling it gives you with its voice acting and moving pictures and the soundtracks that back the scenes gives the whole of one piece a life. Of course I also enjoy the manga equally, so I am one of the lucky ones to be able to look at the good sides of everything and enjoy it despite the problems.
Facts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Let em know

KiriNigiri

The Road To Harmony
Well, this was an episode. The visualization of Kamazou and Ushimitsu Kozo was a nice touch. King's and Queen's introductions were a bit stilted. Too many awkward pauses for what was suppose to be a snippy back and forth.

Kin'emon and Kiku got some nice filler moments during Ashura and Inu's fight. It does a great job of selling all of them as capable warriors. Kin'emon especially, who's persona prior wouldn't suggest he was a capable samurai. It's good to remember he's the leader of the Scabbards.

I have to say, it's interesting to see how the anime rearranged canon occurrences. Understandable. King and Queen's introduction is best as an ending cliffhanger, and it was nice to see certain details elaborated from the manga, like how Shinobu used her Devil Fruit powers to create the hole in which she and Nami used to eavesdrop, and how Raizo planned things with Kin'emon on getting Luffy out of the Prison Mine. It's these kinds of fill in fillers the anime could use more of.

Unfortunately, 926 was only partially adapted, and the next episode will mostly be about Luffy and Kid who confront Dobon and meet Grandpa Hyou. It'll be interesting to see how they'll stretch out that portion. Hopefully by fleshing out the mines.

Yeah, I thought it was pretty good as well. Starting with the Ashura and Inu fight and ending with King & Queen's scene book-ended the episode nicely. The padding looks natural and like it actually happened in the manga. Love that Shamisen music that begins and ends the acts, best piece of Wano OST imo.

I didn't expect such an intense extended scene between Ashura and Inuarashi. There was basically zero material to work with from the manga, but the animated choreography came out great. I especially loved Ashura's faces and the way his body was sculpted for his more powerful attacks, you could feel he was throwing extra weight behind them. Something about the way Oda designed his face makes that man easy to evoke his emotions. But I have to say, Inu not using Electro and fighting on one leg makes me wonder if Ashura really was giving his all. He threatens to rob them anyway when he couldn't put down one dog. Also amusing how Inurashi has his rapier hanging by his side the whole time but he chooses to fight with a katana. When in Wano, everyone needs a katana.

That colored map of Wano is part of my collection now.

Kamazou looks so sick even as a shadow. That's silhouetting done right. I don't know what that OST was but it sounds perfect for a Wano news segment.

Wano arc is going to break the record for the number of Nami butt shots. Now that's rewatch material.

King and Queen's scene was fine for what it was, all they did was talk down to Jack. Queen's sounds just right; he's basically a Mad Max ruffian like Jack with a deep rough voice, but he dresses like Obelix to give a lessen the seriousness and add to his comedy relief charm. King, however, sounds especially young and not as tough as the other two. Maybe I was expecting a sadistic voice to match that glare he gave at the end, but at least something deeper. Jack is almost as large as Big Mom, King and Queen are both in that range. They're way bigger than Whitebeard, way bigger than Magellan, way bigger than Kuma, way bigger than Katakuri. I would say they all have a deeper voice than King. It does work well to match how deadly serious and tone deaf King is as a character. It's not a bad voice by any means like what happened to poor Oden, it will just take a little more time to get used to.

I think content wise this was a bit of a nothing episode, but I think it was serviceable throughout. The number of cutaways throughout the episode certainly seem to be helping the pacing in a big way, even if the content itself isn't particularly engaging.

Art and animation wise, aside from a few awkward and lengthy long shots, everything was pretty much on point. Hisada's art was nice and sharp, and there was some nice kanada esque action animation from him during the Dog Duke vs Ashura fight.

Overall, a fine if dull episode. Considering that this section was a little stale even in the manga, I think this is the really the best the anime can hope to do. I'm thinking we can expect two nice action episodes at least in the next few months, even if we have to wade through serviceable though not particularly gripping episodes like this. Like the rearranging of stuff, also, I think whether the flashcards are used for character introductions is purely a director based thing.

For Queen and King it kind of makes sense, considering they have moments when they are more formally introduced anyway, like King stopping Big Mum's boat, and Queen literally having a chapter named after him where his formally introduced.

Last edited:
The anime was on fire before that too but if you disagree that fine
Actually I always loved the anime even in its worst times in Dressrosa arc where animation and arts were at its lowest but I still watched and enjoyed almost everything.

If I had to pick and choose between anime or manga I will always choose anime. Yes I will always miss Oda's art and the pacing but the good things that the anime provides is irreplaceable to me.

Actually I always loved the anime even in its worst times in Dressrosa arc where animation and arts were at its lowest but I still watched and enjoyed almost everything.

If I had to pick and choose between anime or manga I will always choose anime. Yes I will always miss Oda's art and the pacing but the good things that the anime provides is irreplaceable to me.
I love those facts you just spoke

Status
Not open for further replies.