One Piece Episode 921 - Luxurious and Gorgeous - Wano's Most Beautiful Woman, Komurasaki

Rate The Episode

• 5/5

Votes: 10 33.3%
  • 4/5

Votes: 10 33.3%
  • 3/5

Votes: 6 20.0%
  • 2/5

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1/5

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 0/5

Votes: 4 13.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
One Piece EPISODE 921
"Luxurious and Gorgeous - Wano's Most Beautiful Woman, Komurasaki"
豪華絢爛 ワノ国一の美女・小紫
Gōka Kenran - Wano Kuni Ichi no Bijo: Komurasaki

Opening 22 | OVER THE TOP - Hiroshi Kitadani
Chapter(s) : -

Airdate: February 9, 2020

Episode 922 PREVIEW
ONE PIECE ANIME WILL BE ON BREAK NEXT WEEK​

Solid episode
I know komurasaki is beautiful but i would still take Hancock over Komurasaki.
I feel like Oda realized the fact that he had so many two-faced woman reveals in Whole Cake (Pudding, Big Mom, Mother Caramel, Stussy) that he decided to let everyone know straight from the get-go that this lady was a gold-digger.
Nice to see X-drake back in the fold, its like gathering of almost all the generations in wano.
Nice tease with the orochi silhouette, his voice is a lot deeper then i thought.,
Cant wait to see who Queen sends in as assassins for osoba mask.

KiriNigiri

The Road To Harmony
Good episode.

The first half was great, jumping amongst multiple locations and scenes. Caribou sequence was but a single page in the manga. The fact they adapted that single page without it feeling stretched out was pretty impressive. And clever use of the cover story to help recap on him. This is smart use of filler which also acts as secondary canon. More of this is welcomed. Orochi's voice is perfect. He sounds like a completely disgusting creep, which will sell his despicable persona later on.

On to the meat of the episode, it was all about Bingou and his insatiable lust for Komurasaki. I like how we got to see more sides of him as we recount his story. It definitely makes him way less sympathetic than the corresponding manga chapter did. In that, we get hints to his true nature through selling his family, but we're immediately shown how far he's willing to go for his "love." Komurasaki's voice is also great. There's a real sense of vanity to it, which goes hand in hand with her dislike for poor people. Soundtrack used was also on point, and it really sells Wano as the late Edo period country it's clearly harks back to.

I mentioned smart use of filler, and looks like next episode will be just that, expanding on Zoro and Yasu's meeting whilst adapting a bit of 929. The anime has been on a roll these pass few episodes, and doesn't appear to stop.

Nice episode. Quality art all around, I liked the new traditional Wano OST I heard, and making it basically all Komurasaki felt very focused and impactful.

Let's get the bad out of the way. I'm quite annoyed with how they handled Caribou's cover story. This is Oda writing a filler episode for Toei. You could easily improve Wano's pacing by taking advantage of these things, you get one less half chapter episode and deliver an experience Oda can't do in a one-page-per-week cover serial. Yes, this particular episode loses direction and nobody cares about Caribou but even 5-10 minutes of him would still make this majority Wano content. Caribou was messing around in Kaido's territory, it definitely matters to the Kaido arc. I'll say this: at least they acknowledged it. Jinbei grabbing a poneglyph for Big Mom and Wadatsumi joining the Sun Pirates came out of nowhere in WCI. Jinbe's solo journey got zero respect. Caribou got his minute.

Komurasaki sounds just great. Not hard to nail down since we've been through this before. She's introduced as a malignant beauty like Hancock who kicks a kitten, petrifies and steals supplies from Momonga's ship. Komurasaki was not that awful, though some manga readers certainly felt that way. The anime went to extra lengths to show us the scummy manner Bingoh obtained his funds and abandoned his family, the other men in the same situation look even worse. You can't really think bad of her for taking their gold, "I hate poor people" is just reflecting their own terrible money-making practices against them.

It's a little premature to judge Orochi but I'm sure he'll be just fine. Not until he does the Orochi dance! We've seen all sorts of voice actors from high pitched like Wapol and Spandam to more deeper voices like Charloss and Hody play the detestable scumbags you love to hate. He may just be doing for the intimidation factor, but I actually hope he keeps the low gruffy voice.

Finally, adapting Zoro meeting Yasu is a wonderful decision. The manga skipped right over and just had Yasu describe the events. We're getting the show and not the tell this time, it is already an improvement. Zoro grows a bond for this man. The more time they spend together and the more organic their relationship feels, the better his ties are deepened to Wano and the better his motivation becomes to take on Orochi and the Beast Pirates. I hope he has sword battle against a strong yakuza and doesn't just streamroll fodder again, but if they want to save animation for canon fights then I completely understand.

Nice episode. Quality art all around, I liked the new traditional Wano OST I heard, and making it basically all Komurasaki felt very focused and impactful.

Let's get the bad out of the way. I'm quite annoyed with how they handled Caribou's cover story. This is Oda writing a filler episode for Toei. You could easily improve Wano's pacing by taking advantage of these things, you get one less half chapter episode and deliver an experience Oda can't do in a one-page-per-week cover serial. Yes, this particular episode loses direction and nobody cares about Caribou but even 5-10 minutes of him would still make this majority Wano content. Caribou was messing around in Kaido's territory, it definitely matters to the Kaido arc. I'll say this: at least they acknowledged it. Jinbei grabbing a poneglyph for Big Mom and Wadatsumi joining the Sun Pirates came out of nowhere in WCI. Jinbe's solo journey got zero respect. Caribou got his minute.

Komurasaki sounds just great. Not hard to nail down since we've been through this before. She's introduced as a malignant beauty like Hancock who kicks a kitten, petrifies and steals supplies from Momonga's ship. Komurasaki was not that awful, though some manga readers certainly felt that way. The anime went to extra lengths to show us the scummy manner Bingoh obtained his funds and abandoned his family, the other men in the same situation look even worse. You can't really think bad of her for taking their gold, "I hate poor people" is just reflecting their own terrible money-making practices against them.

It's a little premature to judge Orochi but I'm sure he'll be just fine. Not until he does the Orochi dance! We've seen all sorts of voice actors from high pitched like Wapol and Spandam to more deeper voices like Charloss and Hody play the detestable scumbags you love to hate. He may just be doing for the intimidation factor, but I actually hope he keeps the low gruffy voice.

Finally, adapting Zoro meeting Yasu is a wonderful decision. The manga skipped right over and just had Yasu describe the events. We're getting the show and not the tell this time, it is already an improvement. Zoro grows a bond for this man. The more time they spend together and the more organic their relationship feels, the better his ties are deepened to Wano and the better his motivation becomes to take on Orochi and the Beast Pirates. I hope he has sword battle against a strong yakuza and doesn't just streamroll fodder again, but if they want to save animation for canon fights then I completely understand.
Yea i dont think you need more minutes to realize caribou a troll

Status
Not open for further replies.