• 1/5

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 0/5

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Solid episode.

The starting with big mom, chopper and tama was funny as hell. the hunger pain strikes we know what happens when she gets those.

Komurasaki voice totally doesn't resemble that of a princess or is that just me lol

We finally get see orochi's zoan form, seeing him be green totally caught me off guard lol and we finally get to see a silhouette of what ozuki oden looks like.

I love otoko we will definitely find out about her for sure, Robin looked a caring mother trying to protect otoko there.

Kyoshiro laughing at the end was totally creepy as hell.

Last edited:
Slow build up, some tension in the middle, then climatic action at the end. Very natural feeling flow.

Orochi with the speedblitz that almost one-shot Toko! :zosleepy:

I'm impressed with how deep and manly Komurasaki's voice became. Looked like that was her impression of a brave Samurai who stands their ground. If you look at her hand gestures, she might as well be holding a sword with those hands. Add the dramatic pauses and her character moment felt much stronger here. I laughed at how a random big headed guy tells her to bow before Orochi, big head dudes gotta stick up for each other :yasu:

Orochi's transformation and form looked great overall. Brighter shades of color more suitable to snakes compared to Ancient Dinos. The camera angles captured the size the perfectly, Orochi's heads completely overwhelm that room. The movement around the room wasn't static at all. These heads should be easier to draw than Dragon Kaido. I also don't like how the main head has a darker shade, but that's also the only head with Orochi's mustache so maybe it is special in some way. One thing that wasn't captured well by the anime is that each of Orochi's heads has a different expression, as if maybe they have different personalities, but some heads get cut off by the info box still then gain the same generic expressions after that. Also, it was an amusing detail how Orochi's VA talks with his tongue sticking out to match the snake.

Loved Kyoshiro's maniacal laugh to end it all. I got vibes of Bege laughing at the chaos when Whole Cake Chateau was collapsing.

Pantheos

Heavy Metal
The episode was good, Kumorasaki got some deep down respect here, even tho we know which Samurai is her father. She has all right to stand straight against Orochi.

I just dislike one little situation... the moment when Orochi talks to Kyoshiro about Kinemon. In the manga Kyoshiro got a good panel where he claims he cant wait to meet them again and will be happy to show orochi his sword skills. That was a gread double tongue twist so far we know now. I would have liked to see that double tongue in the anime too. I mean sure, anime onlys wont understand the wording right now, but looking back from now, it was really really perfect wording from Oda. But maybe the translators into german fucked up, so... how was the translations in your versions, what exactly did Kyoshiro said?

The way Komurasaki acts here is so much better than how she acts later. I wish she had kept this character through the arc. Kyoshiro is also really nice here and he provides, at least at this point of the story, a threatening presence that many of the other antagonists don’t have. Orochi’s transformation looks pretty nice, while he’s still not intimidating, he does provide a cool visual. It does feel weird that a mythical zoan (the rarest devil fruit type) was given to a character like this though. Like imagine Spandam with the Phoenix fruit. Overall solid episode.

P.S Does it annoy anyone else that Luffy and Zoro are the only mid episode transitions? Like the transitions are cool, so I want to see the other strawhats.

Status
Not open for further replies.