One Piece Episode 930 - All-Star! Queen the Plague Appears!

Rate The Episode

• 5/5

Votes: 12 30.8%
  • 4/5

Votes: 2 5.1%
  • 3/5

Votes: 11 28.2%
  • 2/5

Votes: 4 10.3%
  • 1/5

Votes: 8 20.5%
  • 0/5

Votes: 2 5.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
One Piece EPISODE 930
"All-Star! Queen the Plague Appears!"
大看板! 疫災のクイーン現る!
Ōkanban! Ekisai no Kuīn Arawaru!

Opening 22 | OVER THE TOP - Hiroshi Kitadani
Chapter(s) : -

Airdate: TBA
Episode 931 PREVIEW
TBA

Due to the ongoing COVID-19 crisis, the anime will not be broadcasting Episode 930 next week. No timetable has been set on when Episode 930 and future episodes will air.
新型コロナウイルス感染拡大に最大限の配慮をするべく、当面の間、「ワンピース」の新作の放送を休止することに致しました。 4月26日(日)より当面の間「ワンピース」(ワノ国編・892話〜)を再放送いたします。 「ワンピース」の放送再開(930話〜)は決まり次第お知らせさせていただきます。

This episode was directed by one of the weaker directors on the show, so I wasn't expecting anything great.

It definitely showed in how the pacing and music placement was generally handled(and I think there was an obvious inability to fully utilize the storyboard). For example, the storyboard is obviously building up Luffy kicking Daifugo by showing him approaching, but the director didn't effectively use OST to really build up to that moment effectively.

In saying that, the action involving Luffy this episode was quite well done. Although the fight with the guards and Daifugo had a little jank, I still thought it was rather nicely executed in terms of animation. Definitely above what you'd see from your average action sequence, so props to that.

The Queen dance was easily the highlight of the episode. The last four minutes of the episode were animated by Tu Yong Ce, and was apparently done entirely digitally. I think he did a good job delivering the character acting this episode, and I'm expecting him to grow more adept as he gets used to using solely tablets in his future work.

Overall, it was an OK episode, with some nice standout action sequences and moments, a bit let down by rather iffy direction.

You know what they say Queen...there's always a bigger plague in the room. And this one delayed your episode for months.

Biker Raizo is so damn thicc. Look at that waistline! I guess the ninja suit acts like a corset.

How can I be certain he wasn't replaced by the legendary ninja Fatzo?

I'm sure this episode was already produced before the break even started, I don't have much to say about it. It was an episode of two halves. Glorious Babanuki and Queen at the end saved us from peak padding hell. Both of Queen's themes were pretty nice, it's been months so I'm not sure if they're both original pieces. The dance was good enough to warrant a third Queen emote:
:queenmoji::funky:

A little sad the anime didn't bless us with Kid escaping Udon filler. My boy needs just a little more screen time! We got extra shots of Daifugo on the floor and Luffy cackling instead. For me that felt like a Monkey's Paw. Well, Solitaire was in this episode. Her monkey laugh drives me bananas.

We won't really know for a couple of episodes if the break helped the animation and the pacing, but I hope it does! I don't mind a break and wish the anime could take more of them. The manga takes breaks all the time and the anime instead chooses to slow down content adapted rather than insert filler arcs or [suggestions here]. The gap between the Wano manga and anime was already quite large before the break, add another 2+ months and the studio should be good to go for the rest of the year.

This episode was directed by one of the weaker directors on the show, so I wasn't expecting anything great.

It definitely showed in how the pacing and music placement was generally handled(and I think there was an obvious inability to fully utilize the storyboard). For example, the storyboard is obviously building up Luffy kicking Daifugo by showing him approaching, but the director didn't effectively use OST to really build up to that moment effectively.

In saying that, the action involving Luffy this episode was quite well done. Although the fight with the guards and Daifugo had a little jank, I still thought it was rather nicely executed in terms of animation. Definitely above what you'd see from your average action sequence, so props to that.

The Queen dance was easily the highlight of the episode. The last four minutes of the episode were animated by Tu Yong Ce, and was apparently done entirely digitally. I think he did a good job delivering the character acting this episode, and I'm expecting him to grow more adept as he gets used to using solely tablets in his future work.

Overall, it was an OK episode, with some nice standout action sequences and moments, a bit let down by rather iffy direction.
This is bad timing to show an okay episode considering people hype it after that preview and come back from long hiatus then turn to dissapointed coz that didnt meet their expectation...i already see people bashing this episode and toei coz of bad pacing as usual...nothing changed

Status
Not open for further replies.