One Piece Episode 936 - Get the Hang of It - Wano Country's Haki, Ryuo!

Rate The Episode

• 5/5

Votes: 13 40.6%
  • 4/5

Votes: 9 28.1%
  • 3/5

Votes: 6 18.8%
  • 2/5

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • 1/5

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 0/5

Votes: 3 9.4%

• Total voters
Solid episode

Nice little flashback with Hiyori and Kawamatsu and how she was able to to survive in Wano and we get confirmation Kawamatsu is a Kappa and a pretty strong dude as well.

Her reaction to when Zoro mentioned Inurashi and Nekomamushi was hilarious.

Hiyori doesn't give a damn just casually sleeping with Zoro with one hand on his chest lmao. Tashigi fans sure won't be happy.

We finally get to see what Luffy has been trying to learn, old man Hyogoro is a boss. I loved the aura effect for Ryou they showed in the episode, looked great.

Akai2

🆉🅾🆁🅾 🆃🅾🅾 🆂🆃🆁🅾🅽🅺!
Very cute flashback with Kawamatsu taking care of Hiyori.

When I read this scene in the manga I thought Toko's laugh was annoying, now that we know the reason it's messed up :feelscryingman:

And this is the closest Zoro has ever gotten to getting some pie in his entire life. Toei knew what they were doing :madmonk:

Nice to see the cherry blossom effect on Ryou. If I recall correctly it's written with the Kanji of cherry blossom. It'll be cool seeing Luffy rocking it vs Kaido in the anime....3 years from now :usoprice:

• :emohiyo: Highlight of the episode. Too many great Hiyori faces.
  • Very sweet to to fill in the flashback with a lot more kid Hiyori.
  • Kappa dance had some nice fluid movement, almost like someone was rotoscoped, but it should have been longer than a few seconds.
  • I have to laugh at retroactively saving Hiyori's reputation by trashing on Bingo & Bongo. Unlike the manga, the anime established pretty well how evil they were the first time.
  • The way sleeping Zoro reflects on Hiyori eyes, then the dramatic panning shots that lead to the reveal she's in bed with Zoro:gokulaugh:They're making a mountain of out an anthill here!
  • The flowing sakura petals in the Ryou looks super nice, but I don't think the execution of the attack itself was that good. There was a moment where Hyo fires an invisible projectile through Alpacaman's body, that's not what should be happening here. Dragon Ball Super direction creeping in again. The way they reanimated Sentomaru sending Luffy flying is how I prefer the impact of advanced haki remains.
Not much to say. Pretty average episode featuring some comfortable downtime with Zoro.

This was a nice down time episode.

I think generally, the pacing isn't as sorely felt when its just the characters interacting or chilling with each other(as long as they get things like comedic timing and dialogue down right). I think thats typically where the anime does really well, focusing on the characters interacting with each other, and its something the anime has and does focus on.

In terms of content covered, apparently this episode covered 15 pages, which was significantly more than the average. I'm wondering if this level of content coverage will persist till the end of act 2.

In terms of direction and pacing, the episode was pretty okay. The storyboard was mostly pretty decent though I didn't particularly care for how they executed some of the Alpaca man take down(some of the shots were a bit awkward). Aside from that, everything was pretty much on point. Nothing felt like it dragged too much either.

There was nothing really animation or art wise to talk about. Hyogoro's scene had nice art, but wasn't overly animated. I enjoy some of the subtle petal effects they added to Hyogoro's haki.

Overall, an enjoyable enough episode. Nothing particularly stand out, but considering the content covered, it was a nice down time episode(and I think thats typically the anime's strong suit).

Next episode it looks like we're going to have some western animators, namely Henry Thurlow, animating some of Luffy's action. Some of his work was even present in the NEP. Should be nice. Its fantastic the number of talented outside animators are getting involved with the production of the show.

Love me some Hiyori.
I've never been a shipper so far, but man, if all goes well, Hiyori really deserves to settle down with Zoro as husband in the epilogue. She's been through too much shit already and her feelings seem to be genuine.

Btw concerning the episode: Pacing was slow, but this time it actually didn't matter. The atmosphere of Wano and the relationship between characters (Hiyori/Zoro, Nami/Usopp, Luffy/Hyou etc.) were established beautifully.

Solid episode

Nice little flashback with Hiyori and Kawamatsu and how she was able to to survive in Wano and we get confirmation Kawamatsu is a Kappa and a pretty strong dude as well.

Her reaction to when Zoro mentioned Inurashi and Nekomamushi was hilarious.

Hiyori doesn't give a damn just casually sleeping with Zoro with one hand on his chest lmao. Tashigi fans sure won't be happy.

We finally get to see what Luffy has been trying to learn, old man Hyogoro is a boss. I loved the aura effect for Ryou they showed in the episode, looked great.
Are you an Anime only guy?

Man you must have some god tier spoiler dodging ability to pull that off in this forum