Votes: 1 3.8%
  • 1/5

• 0/5

• Total voters
Good episode.

Man this was an emotional episode, i feel so damn bad for Toko

We finally get to see what Kozuki Oden kinda looks like, nice seeing the relationship between Yasuie and Oden and how he wanted Oden to be the real successor of Wano.

It's creepy as hell seeing everyone laughing while someone is being hanged to die, we better find out soon why that's happening.

Man i cant stand Orochi, someone better kill him please

Last edited:
  • They outdid themselves with the OST choices this episode. So many good tracks one after another.
  • Lots of incredible scenic shots as well. Yasuie got a view to die for :gokulaugh:
  • Yasuie never smiles but he looked pretty smiley to Oden on the flashback. Some people just like to spread bad rumors about you.
  • Oden still with the worst VA casting of any major character I've heard recently. It's an old man acting like he's in his 20s. He was cast all the way back in Zou before Toei had any expectations of what Oden would be like, so I can't blame them on that front. It must be a contractual thing that they could never recast his role as long as the VA is alive and not retired.
  • I do appreciate Oden is more or less in full color here. At some point talking to full silhouette person standing in the middle of daylight like Admiral Rokugyu just looks eerie.
  • Zoro can't catch and keep hold of a little girl :catrude: If she slips and smashes her head against a rock, I'm blaming him.
  • Usopp bossing it with that bear mount he obtained.
  • I like how Orochi got out of his carriage and is now riding on top of it. He seriously can't wait to see Yasuie's smug face.
  • Same cliffhanger as last week. Oof.
Pretty good episode, but you could feel the drag. People crying all episode but nobody actually died. The fake out where Daikoku shot Yasuie but it purposefully just grazed his head could have been used as the cliffhanger. It is what it is. Looks like next episode is the actual execution, the one after that probably when people throw down. Meanwhile Big Mom last seen napping outside of Udon.

Akai2

🆉🅾🆁🅾 🆃🅾🅾 🆂🆃🆁🅾🅽🅺!
Wano is so aesthetically gorgeous. This is the best the anime has ever looked week to week. It's heartbreaking seeing Toko and the Ebisu citizens like that. Toko and Yasu's VAs are stealing the show with how emotionally connected they are to the characters.

Seeing my girls jumping buildings was hilarious tho :suresure: I'm all for little filler scenes like that here and there.

My favorite scene though has got to be Oden and Yasu flashback. Knowing the full context as a manga reader it was just so poetic.

Slow episodes like this one are perfect for emotional stakes build up. So this type of content is perfect for OP's 12 page/episode pace.

Nice buffer during manga break week.
Post automatically merged:

Oden still with the worst VA casting of any major character I've heard recently
I agree that his VA doesn't fit. But they used my favorite OST for his scene so I'll let it slide lol
Some of the shots in this episode when stitched together had some incredible scale to them.
Looked amazing the whole episode. The 2nd pic u posted is my PC background right now

Man fuckthis :wellwell:

Wano is so aesthetically gorgeous. This is the best the anime has ever looked week to week. It's heartbreaking seeing Toko and the Ebisu citizens like that. Toko and Yasu's VAs are stealing the show with how emotionally connected they are to the characters.

Seeing my girls jumping buildings was hilarious tho :suresure: I'm all for little filler scenes like that here and there.

My favorite scene though has got to be Oden and Yasu flashback. Knowing the full context as a manga reader it was just so poetic.

Slow episodes like this one are perfect for emotional stakes build up. So this type of content is perfect for OP's 12 page/episode pace.

Nice buffer during manga break week.

I agree that his VA doesn't fit. But they used my favorite OST for his scene so I'll let it slide lol

Looked amazing the whole episode. The 2nd pic u posted is my PC background right now
I would agree akai but we had 3 slow episodes back to back of just this situation, and it looks like next episode is even more of this, and its not even close to be finished judging by the preview. Its getting old.

Last edited:
I think this is definitely one of the prettiest episodes of the arc aesthetically. The use of colours and framing, and the use of objects for transition made the entire episode feel seamless.

I think it was also put together in an incredibly moving fashion. Although it could have covered more content, I think it did a good job of investing me in the scenario in the anime.

Overall, a fantastic if slow episode. Next episode is also looking good.

Akai2

🆉🅾🆁🅾 🆃🅾🅾 🆂🆃🆁🅾🅽🅺!
I would agree akain but we had 3 slow episodes back to back of just this situation, and it looks like next episode is even more of this, and its not even close to be finished judging by the preview. Its getting old.
True. I honestly thought that after the break they'd animate more than 12-13 pages per episode. But I guess not.

Basically 12-13 pages per episode will always make the pacing slow, that's been the case since Ennies Lobby really. But this episode fits the slow pace because of the specific content. I like the slow burn build up for the execution. It obviously doesn't work as well with other parts of the manga. But that's the price you pay for a long running weekly series. They still make the episodes enjoyable in other ways, but other times they miss.

True. I honestly thought that after the break they'd animate more than 12-13 pages per episode. But I guess not.
The lockdown didn't necessarily change anything about the production. It was a massive unknown, and it would have been reckless to change the production of the show in response they didn't really know the specifics about.

They didn't know how long the break was going to be. They didn't know how far they'd be able to get ahead.

That's the main reasons I can think of.

Akai2

🆉🅾🆁🅾 🆃🅾🅾 🆂🆃🆁🅾🅽🅺!
The lockdown didn't necessarily change anything about the production. It was a massive unknown, and it would have been reckless to change the production of the show in response they didn't really know the specifics about.

They didn't know how long the break was going to be. They didn't know how far they'd be able to get ahead.

That's the main reasons I can think of.
True. I hope at least they took it easy on the animators' schedules in terms of deadlines.

And honestly in hindsight, looking at how frequent the manga breaks have become, it's a good decision. The manga goes on break pretty much every 2 weeks now, so instead of going even slower, they used the break as a buffer to get ahead until the manga schedule is back to normal (fingers crossed that actually happens and this isn't the new normal :usoprice:)

True. I hope at least they took it easy on the animators' schedules in terms of deadlines.

And honestly in hindsight, looking at how frequent the manga breaks have become, it's a good decision.
In the long run this break will probably have an effect.

In the short term, a lot of the animators weren't even aware that the show had stopped airing before it was even announced. They kept up the same schedule(albeit a bit slower due to the lockdown).

In saying that, there should still be some benefit in the distant future I'd think.