One Piece Episode 968 - The Pirate King is Born - Arriving at the Last Island!

Rate The Episode

• 5/5

Votes: 39 81.3%
  • 4/5

Votes: 6 12.5%
  • 3/5

Votes: 2 4.2%
  • 2/5

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1/5

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 0/5

Votes: 1 2.1%

• Total voters
Man what a beautiful episode.

Shanks is a real g staying behind for buggy

Loved seeing Zou (i am glad we got to see the older dukes before inu/neko), Wano from back in the days. And it seems like Orochi might have already started making the factories then.

Seeing the retainers get to meet Oden again was such a heart warming moment their reaction to him having a wife and kid was very sweet.

(Great seeing the moment with Pedro getting to Roger again love seeing those call backs)

You know that Log Book Oden you wrote in will play a part sometimes in the future.

Man that last panel is fucking amazing the tears in this eyes knowing he accomplished his journey was beautiful

They hit me hard with that ending song. I'm a grown-up man and I was crying like a kid.
I had such beautiful memories watching One Piece as a kid and still watching it today. I used to watch the anime on a famous French channel called "Manga". I still remember never skipping that ending song when it played at the end of each episode. It's my favorite OP song.

• Did recaps ever have music pieces that were this powerful?

• This week Rayleigh is the helmsman. Poor Gaban is only good for odd jobs now.

• Threatening to cut off the marriage because Oden wants stay and take care of you. Oda said mothers were the enemy of adventure, so does this make Toki the #1 mom in the verse?
  • The Scabbards finding out that Oden left a criminal pirate and came back a tamed family man.:doffycry:
  • Kiku cursing Oden is a sight for sore eyes.:emohiyo:

• Let's be real: the Roger Pirates + Oden and the Scabbards could have overwhelmed and defeated Kaido's young crew in a mere day. They just felt bad picking on a suicidal drunk.

• I wanted to see Hyogoro drinking with Roger, however this Kurozomi filler helps sell how intense and dramatic the entire Wano section was.
  • Pedro, my boy, we already have two dead weight children on the crew. :halt:Try again next year.
  • Buggy using Gear 2nd stole the budget for this episode :milaugh:

• Is it not possible to circumnavigate the globe without hitting Laugh Tale? The final sea must be treacherous.
  • Whitebeard happy Oden and his captain/rival succeeded :cheers:

• Every time I hear Memories I get sad that we don't have Ending songs anymore.
  • Roger and crew are clearly staring at a very large object that looks to be connected to a tree in the distance. :super:Back to the theory cave!
Nice episode overall, a shame it didn't stick the landing. The art was on point for the most part with nice OST choices too, love those Stampede tracks. The VAs all did good work and the elderly-sounding Toki was in her element when sick. Roger and Buggy becoming ill was impressive character animation, but it's a shame the LAUGH didn't get some of that juice. The direction looked pretty standard and by-the-books, but the filler of the Scabbards getting to see their lord return a changed man only to get angry when he abandons Wano again was awesome. The Laugh Tale segment itself was came off as bland. Generic artwork, not getting to hear Roger and the boys laughing and just slapping Memories over it, which worked well when Sanji flashbacked to his Strawhat memories in Whole Cake, was not the best way to adapt it here. Still a good scene but just not as powerful as the manga. Sad to see Godger going, but next week we enter a series of dark episodes.