Votes: 1 5.6%
  • 1/5

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 0/5

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Great episode,.

Seeing the Roger pirates disband and everyone’s reaction made me emotional

So it seems like the 2 kings will most likely be Luffy and Shirahoshi (Luffy as the reincarnation of JoyBoy and Shirahoshi as the ancient weapon Poseidon (the red line will be destroyed, and whales will be able to swim freely in the new world making them happy)

So what if the Orochi we're seeing here isn't him but the old hag we saw a few chapters back, because we know she had to have died for Bon Clay to get his df.

So they were going to attack Orochi (The Scabbards) but Kaido's forces were already in Kuri... definitely sounding like a traitor amongst the Scabbards for sure.

Seeing roger couldn’t fulfill his wish of his son becoming the next pirate king and knowing what happened to ace just makes this so much more sadder.

Seeing the whole Oden family together was great.

Next new episodes we might be getting the awaited Kaido vs Oden confrontation

and the obligatory FUCK OROCHI

For an outsourced episode, it was pretty decent. I enjoyed the nostalgia in the first half, and even though I think the direction in the second half, especially near the end of the episode, was a bit weak, I think it was still pretty watchable.

I think something I really appreciate about Wano, and especially about this flashback, is the use of a variety of times and settings to give each scene a unique atmosphere. Working in tandem with the current composite, the show, even in fairly average episodes, can look quite pretty on a scene to scene basis. The background art was very pretty.

Despite the animation being outsourced, the art was fine.

Overall, pretty decent.

Next episode looks interesting. There was a really cool cut in the preview with Oden becoming really smeary. Looking forward to seeing that scene in full.

Last edited:
  • Holding the same bottle to their lips like that, Roger and Ray sitting in a tree indirectly k-i-s-s-i-n-g.:sweat:

• Shanks was crying because Roger told him "Sorry boy, NOOOOOOOOO SPOOOIILLLLLLEEERRS!"
  • Who named Roger's treasure "One Piece"? Was it Morgans?:finally:
  • Shiki cameo :myman:Now that I think about it, Oden no doubt fought in the Edd War.

• 10 years for Shirahoshi to be born + 15 to grow up = 25 years from Roger's final journey. Subtract 5 years and you have Oden/Toki's 20 year prophecy.
  • And Oden never spoke to Whitey-kichi-chan again:perocry:
  • Shaving Momo was Toki's decision? :pepeanger:Well now I take back everything nice I said.

• Oden reuniting with his family with that beautiful postcard art compliments the reason for his fury later in the episode.
  • A sneak preview of leather boss Kaido:lumazed:

• Doesn't look like Toki's left leg got hit from that angle.

• Oden was honestly pretty naive leaving Toki and his progeny in Orochi's Wano. If I were Orochi or Kaido, the royal family would have been wiped out for sure especially with the scene last week of Grandma warning Orochi about Oden's childen.
  • Oden unlocks the full body rage aura Luffy used against Kaido. Just ended up with Luffy getting spanked tho:doffytroll:
Pretty good overall. Some wonky art and inconsistent character models here and there, but honestly this was the perfect episode to outsource as it was the downtime between two big events. OST choices pretty standard, I liked the final piece with Oden making his stand. Extending bits and pieces of the Roger Pirates saying goodbye was nice but nothing really notable apart from Garp and Shiki. Outstanding work by Kinemon's VA retelling the tragedy. The scene would have come fully to life if it was peppered with more visuals showing us and not just telling us what happened. Oden's VA was weak at the end as his anger couldn't match the contorted faces, glowing eyes and seething aura of this father/husband's unholy rage. Therefore, I liked the first half more than the second.

Isn't this the second Shiki cameo in the Wano arc? Would be dope if he comes into the current story someday

Strange, everything start with the Rocks where we learn in chapter 957 that Shiki was a member from Xebec. Later in Oden flashback Shiki was hyped among the other Yonkous who building up their strenght,then we see the old hag transform into a young Shiki and now out of nowhere Shiki get again a camoe in the anime?

Well at this pointed I wouldn't be suprise if actually Shiki showing himself in wano, going to make a three alliance with Kaido and Big mom lol.

Strange, everything start with the Rocks where we learn in chapter 957 that Shiki was a member from Xebec. Later in Oden flashback Shiki was hyped among the other Yonkous who building up their strenght,then we see the old hag transform into a young Shiki and now out of nowhere Shiki get again a camoe in the anime?

Well at this pointed I wouldn't be suprise if actually Shiki showing himself in wano, going to make a three alliance with Kaido and Big mom lol.
you want the alliance to die
:lusalty:

The Shiki cameo is link the anime up with Edd war

Nvm it doesn't fit the timeline of Edd war

Last edited:
The Shiki cameo is link the anime up with Edd war

Nvm it doesn't fit the timeline of Edd war
Edd war was one year before Oden join the Roger pirates. With means 2years pass since Edd war was happening.
Post automatically merged:

you want the alliance to die
:lusalty:
With Shiki showing up,the chance that I see the navy in wano too with a combo of Garp+Greenbull+big fleet would became probably true.
:steef:

Last edited:
One Piece EPISODE 969
"To Wano Country! The Roger Pirates Disband"

ワノ国へ! ロジャー海賊団解散
Wano Kuni e! Rojā Kaizokudan Kaisan

Opening 23 | DREAMIN' ON - Da-iCE
Chapter(s) : -

Airdate: April 11, 2021

Episode 970 PREVIEW

OP 23 -TV Size
seeing Garp and Shiki was fucking gold

and it MIGHT means anime might care about Shiki more ... we rarely saw him in the real anime

bad episode

at least next 3 episodes have something 970 oden dance 971 vs kaidou army 972 oden vs kaido
971 and 972 are the big ones I think. 971 has a really creative director, whose been putting out some solid episodes. 972 has one of the best directors on the series(was a series director), and the best action animation supervisor, Tu Yong Ce. Tu Yong Ce is a great animator, but also has a lot of other talented animators who tend to work on his episodes.