• 2/5

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • 1/5

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • 0/5

Votes: 2 5.1%

• Total voters
Great episode.

I love how loyal the Scabbards are towards Oden they wanted to join him out in the streets dancing.

Oden asking for the boat is interesting, maybe he wanted the boat he can go to WB for his assistance but was never able to since he never got his boat.

Damn young Moria looking pretty badass.

Damn the 9 Scabbards finally getting ready to right with Oden looked absolutely badass.

So Kaido basically confirms there is a traitor most likely among the 9 scabbards. i don't think its Shinobu otherwise she wouldn't be helping Oden in this chapter.

Oden is an absolute monster, i love the red aura they added honestly.

S

Sasaki Kojirō

LMAO ADCOC.
DRAGON KAIDO is perfect.​

The WSC that swallowed ROGER. LMAO.

Lmao, ADCOC LASER.

ODEN PTDS kaido, he was traumatized by DRAGON KAIDO.

KAIDO TANKED other strokes from ODEN, which caused 0 damage, LOL the only damage was TOGEN TOTSUKA with ADCOC.

Post automatically merged:

In fact, the HYPER that the anime gives to KAIDO is real and is related to what ODA wants to pass on to us. ODA confirmed,
KAIDO is the WSC, WSM, KING 1X1.:crazwhat::crazwhat::watchout:

Last edited by a moderator:
LMAO ADCOC.
DRAGON KAIDO is perfect.​

The WSC that swallowed ROGER. LMAO.

Lmao, ADCOC LASER.

ODEN PTDS kaido, he was traumatized by DRAGON KAIDO.

KAIDO TANKED other strokes from ODEN, which caused 0 damage, LOL the only damage was TOGEN TOTSUKA with ADCOC.

Post automatically merged:

In fact, the HYPER that the anime gives to KAIDO is real and is related to what ODA wants to pass on to us. ODA confirmed,
KAIDO is the WSC, WSM, KING 1X1.:crazwhat::crazwhat::watchout:
That Previews not a good sign for this fight, It hardly showed anything , which tells us that this fight won't get an entire episode of focus. Although I can't blame them considering theres hardly any panels of Oden fighting Kaido in the manga.

Yeah, episode was great.

Loved the creative liberties taken with the direction. The strong emphasis on colours. Oden's reminiscing on everyone he loves being wiped out was also fantastic.

The action towards the end had some great imagery, with them exploding into sakura petals being nice. I liked how they switched to show that the sakura petals was in fact blood. This episode director Yasunori Koyama has been knocking it out of the park with their episodes.

Action towards the end was good, but did feel a bit grounded.

Overall, really good stuff.

The NEP also looks insanely well animated, and I've heard from the series director that it should be almost movie like.

Last edited:
  • Amazing start with Kaido vs Moria. Moria had a completely different body, criminal how Kaido disfigured him.
  • Moria became obese, depressed, got undying zombies to fight for him over these generic-looking fodder:doffytroll:

• Given that Hyo's wife didn't exist before this episode, the anime tried but I still couldn't feel for her.
  • Orochi might as well climb on Oden's fro and do his own victory dance. :hurry:Oden has been completely humiliated.

• If Oden was just a little more irrational there, he would have cut off defenseless Orochi's head in his fury. But that would have given Kaido a chance to bring the fight to the civilian population, rather than Oden and Scabbards taking the fight to him.
  • Q: How did Oden get through 5 years of dancing? A: A lot of acid.:optimistic:

• Mr. Oden, we don't feel so good. Aaaannd they're dust in the wind.
  • The most cinematic march to battle in the anime. The nickname Red Scabbards was well earned.:goyea:

• Kaido's glowing eye demon army emerging from the fog like phantoms is honestly the most menacing fodder army entrance in the series. I love that giant dragon Kaido just rears his head from behind the mountains.

• Anime already hinting that hostages were involved helps Oden's case here. Oda kept his readers guessing like the Scabbards until the end of the flashback.
  • Oden and each retainer getting a moment to slice these goons into petals:lumazed:
I was expecting a good episode, but the greatness caught me off guard. The direction, the animation, the voice acting all very good this week. Orochi's added gestures and dialogue made even more of a mockery of Oden, the sky and enveloping flames turning green to mark his shining moment as a villain was brilliant. Oden's colorful dream-like sequence turning into a nightmare with flashes of his silhouette impotently dancing for years as the world around him changed. They made him look absolutely pathetic with even the sky crying. We don't know his reasons, but you have to feel for him. Then he tells Kaido he regrets nothing. He believes he was not in the wrong for trusting even a snake like Orochi to hold up their end of a bargain, especially when lives were on the line.

The Red Scabbards in that sunset with that OST hits hard since you see those types of scenes in so many classical samurai flicks. The dark ambiance and creative shots behind Kaido and his men ambushing Oden has to be complimented too. That's about as exciting as defeating fodder is going is to get. Swapping the sakura for blood at the end, using it as background for Momo and Hiyori as Yasu talks about Oden and Wano's dire fate was a very polished finisher.

When the hype train hits, it hits hard. Next is Kaido vs Oden followed by the end of the flashback. Some very enjoyable weeks for the anime.