One Piece Episode 972 - The End of the Battle! Oden vs. Kaido!

Rate The Episode

• 5/5

Votes: 35 57.4%
  • 4/5

Votes: 12 19.7%
  • 3/5

Votes: 6 9.8%
  • 2/5

Votes: 4 6.6%
  • 1/5

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • 0/5

Votes: 3 4.9%

• Total voters
One Piece EPISODE 972
"The End of the Battle! Oden vs. Kaido!"

決着の時!おでんVSカイドウ!
Ketchaku no Toki! Oden tai Kaidō!

Opening 23 | DREAMIN' ON - Da-iCE
Chapter(s) : -

Airdate: May 2, 2021

Episode 973 PREVIEW
Just posting this episode thread (and likely next week as well) earlier than usual because of a few finals I'm studying for so I won't be around during the regular time that the episode threads are usually up around 19:00 PST tonight. If you want @Natalija you can lock this thread until that specific time

OP 23 -TV Size

One Piece EPISODE 972
"The End of the Battle! Oden vs. Kaido!"

決着の時!おでんVSカイドウ!
Ketchaku no Toki! Oden tai Kaidō!

Opening 23 | DREAMIN' ON - Da-iCE
Chapter(s) : -

Airdate: May 2, 2021

Episode 973 PREVIEW
Just posting this episode thread (and likely next week as well) earlier than usual because of a few finals I'm studying for so I won't be around during the regular time that the episode threads are usually up around 19:00 PST tonight. If you want @Natalija you can lock this thread until that specific time

OP 23 -TV Size
hits EVERYTIME

S

Sasaki Kojirō

Shhh u like anime its alright its a hard pill to swallow but Gambaree
I said I don't "like" it, but I liked today's episode, it just cleaned my soul of the things I've been saying for years, and for the casual reader who watches the anime and reading the manga superficially is enough, in a way this fight made kaido a bit "unpopular" in the manga.
Maybe he'll win a handful of fans now, as he doesn't look so bad in the anime. ^^

King used his swords against Denjiro who Zoro foughtKinemon was saved by Sanji and was destroyed by Queen
King vs Zoro
santji vs Fat Gifter by toei
Post automatically merged:

Kaido strongest, the very very strongest plays when Kaido nd Oden clash, Ls to the jokersthat still thing Kaido is not number 1 :hihihi:

Last edited:
Yeah, this episode was great. The animation and action in the first half was stellar.

Tu Yong Ce did a lot of work correcting the art for this episode to make everything look nice, while also providing a few fantastic scenes himself.

The director was also fantastic this episode, even though I don't think it came together as well as last episode.

The action in the first half actually had the debut for a ton of Chinese animators on the show.

The two stand out moments for me though had to be Kojima and Tu(even though there were plenty of others).

There were so many great animators in that first half its difficult to get through them all.

This episode is a credit to Tu Yong Ce, who managed to get a lot of his chinese friends to animate on this episode.

As well as the staff in general.

Last edited: