One Piece Episode 975 - The Castle on Fire! The Fate of the Kozuki Clan!

Rate The Episode

• 5/5

Votes: 13 54.2%
  • 4/5

Votes: 7 29.2%
  • 3/5

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • 2/5

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1/5

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 0/5

Votes: 1 4.2%

• Total voters
  • It's probably true that Oden sacrificed himself to clear his name. :milaugh:The man could have sliced his prison cell and made a run for it with just Enma if he really wanted to live.

• "If I die, please don't tell Whitebeard and the Roger Pirates about my shame"

• Sorry Shinobu, the 9th shadow position has the 30-year absentee Izo's name on it.

• Jaki is still the only Number with a feat thanks to this scene.:catsweat:
  • Momo thinks the unexplored ocean is equivalent to a treasure. Maybe the anime does know too much :memehm:

• Yamato and Momo are the same age right now. Pediatrician Kaido is here to compare who got the better future Shogun.

• The lack of focus of Kaido's chicken legs is an excellent directorial decision here.
  • Toki gets the Whitebeard death music :finally:

• Toki just continues her speech through all the arrows and gunshot wounds, she really does deserve the Whitebeard music.
  • Last episode ended with Oden's death, this one with Toki's. How sweet.:catlewd:

• If Denjiro doesn't screech and power up for 5 minutes straight and shake all of Wano to its core, I might be a little disappointed.
A slow but nice episode. We got a taste of these events back in episode 910 but the art and animation looks much cleaner here. Good OST choices too, I liked that some scenes had background silence. The Scabbards doing their war cries and in a panic led to some nice voice acting. Cat and Dog's conflict building and escalating to the divide we see in Zou was greatly improved by the anime.

Anime Toki's journey may have come to an end, and it's wonderful that felt like a full realized character and more than a prop. She greatly benefited from additional screen time the final third of the flashback. We saw her unwavering faith in Oden emphasized again and again, how she will hide her own worries and suffering to calm the children or give hope to Wano. Now we learned that after centuries of time hopping, she did find her purpose and fulfilled her dream, she had no problem ending it all here with Oden. To top it all off with an episode-ending epic death was just great, the anime made a meal of this minor character. Though I fully believe she's dead, her Void Century origins mean that Toki passed on a vital secret to someone somewhere about the past, and we probably won't find out until the end of the arc.

I liked how this episode expanded on Cat Vipers and Dog Storm's argument.

You can really see why they hated each other for 20 years after this episode.

Hisada had some nice stuff art wise, I alway enjoy his almost 70's approach to drawing and animating characters, Feeks very nostaligic.

Enjoyed the expansions and rearranagements of some things really well.

On a whole though, I wouldn't say this was the most riveting episode, but it definitely packed the emotional gut punch at the end that it needed to.