One Piece Episode 988 - Reinforcements Arrive! The Commander of the Whitebeard Pirates!

Rate The Episode

• 5/5

Votes: 8 25.8%
  • 4/5

Votes: 8 25.8%
  • 3/5

Votes: 10 32.3%
  • 2/5

Votes: 2 6.5%
  • 1/5

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • 0/5

Votes: 2 6.5%

• Total voters
Good episode

Daifuku and other big mom pirated talking shit about world seeing Strawhats head, when you couldn't even take care of carrot lol.

The Big Mom and panel and the Chopper reaction was too damn priceless.

I am just so damn glad to see Marco in Wano. The animation when he attacked the ship looked clean as hell.

I love the sibling interaction between Ulti and Pay Pay,.

Luffy looking like a boss using his KIng's haki and his Ryuo at the end there.

• Marco in the anime and Marco in the manga this week. Oda knows what he's doing.:goyea:

• Let's be honest, the woman with 85 children hanging out in the Wano whore house is not THAT surprising.:catblush:

• The octopus has just been hanging out by the waterfall? Bruh, your ass is needed in this war!
  • Marco's extended battle sequence! :stealthblack: That's how you make an entrance.

• The Whitebeard Pirates really did split off in and never heard from each other after the Payback War. What a sad way to end their journey. Wish we could have seen it.
  • You can be a good Tobiroppo and follow orders, or you can earn your promotion the Black Maria way.:wellwell:

• Kanjuro dropping some mooks and ruining the place is also a pretty stylish entrance.

• I wanted to see Momo cut his ropes and get pummeled by Kanjuro's bloody fists, but daytime TV has standards..

• Is it normal for brothers to princess carry their sisters?
  • Somebody using Conqueror's haki to actually clear the fodder in a war:finally:
Enjoyable, but a fairly standard episode. Despite how little content is adapted, I have to admire how natural the flow feels and the lag only smacks you in the face when a flashback scene starts. Decent art/animation and music choices. I liked Marco swooping in and Luffy using Ryou but nothing really stood out for me. Marco and Izo were in the Oden flashback so their VAs didn't miss a beat and nailed their characters as usual. There was a distinct lack of creativity and everything was adapted by the books (highlighting Kanjuro in the flashback was minor but neat), however, I don't really mind as it was mostly talking scenes and fodder fighting.

Big Mom VS Chopper tank next week has the potential to be very creative if nothing else.

Last edited: