One Piece Episode 989 - The Pact Between Men! The Fierce Fighting of Brachio Tank

Rate The Episode

• 5/5

Votes: 8 29.6%
  • 4/5

Votes: 7 25.9%
  • 3/5

Votes: 6 22.2%
  • 2/5

Votes: 3 11.1%
  • 1/5

Votes: 2 7.4%
  • 0/5

Votes: 1 3.7%

• Total voters
Good episode

Marco's message was kinda lame, that's so Oda trolling the theorists lol

The interaction with Big Mom, Chopper and Usoop was hilarious.

Orochi may not be a strong guy , he is definitely a cunning villian for sure.

Love the pics of the 4 Monster quartet of the supernova's they looked dope and hilarious at the same time.

Good lord that Denjiro neck game is strong lol that shit is on Katakuri's level.

Now that we know Prometheus is there, this might be setting up Zeus vs Prometheus in the future.

Luffy looks like a beast at the end there, can't wait for see his interaction with Ulti

And the obligatory fuck Kanjuro and Orochi.

• You know it's a good episode when there's no recap.
  • Killer looks the most evil of the four Supernovas but he's actually done the least damage.:doffytroll:

• Fast and snipped up, even entertaining by design. That's how I like my flashbacks.

• I love that shot with the shaded out Headliners at the bottom and giant Calamities at the top.

• I knew it was Izo all along who commented on Onigashima's name. Marco was only in Wano with Whitebeard and is essentially a clueless outsider.

• No Yonko-level neck game for Kyoshiro, but interesting that Sasaki knew the pomp was fake.

• I have to admit I don't really see the point of this scene as Sasaki getting locked up dehypes his entire group, while Denjiro not slicing him up/knocking him out or at least leaving men behind to make sure he doesn't get freed reflects terribly on him. So unnecessary.
  • Has Chopper been smoking Wano kush?:sanmoji: This whole sequence is surreal. Chopperman starring in his own action flick.
  • Step aside Kid and Law, let Chopper and his little bazooka friend teach how you defeat a Yonko.:ace:

• Look at how Ulti massacres my boy. What a savage piggy back ride down the stairs.
A surprisingly damn good episode, which I did not expect given the content. Well directed episode all around, the first half suffered from too many wonky art shots but the second half came through with quality and some nice animation. No recap, flashbacks condensed, creative angular shots for the eyes every minute. It felt like a lot of material was packed into this episode. Because the last 3 episodes hardly gave us any, I have to comment on the very beautiful scenic shots we were given of Black Maria's water garden, the corridor inside the pleasure house, and the gate + terrain Sasaki was guarding. It really helps establish and bring the battlefield to life.

A lot of fun filler this week. I love Page One and Ulti's gags more and more, Sasaki and Kyoshiro stepping aside for their little moment, then of course Big Mom vs Chopper Tank. I do think it's out of character for Chopper and Usopp to overcome their fears and plan something like letting Big Mom come to them, but with all the effort poured into this scene I'll happily let it slide. I cannot complain about Toei extending a fight that had like one page in the manga and hope to see many more. Other than that I thought the OST had some nice choices this week. Absolutely hyped to see the dinos throw down next week.