One Piece Episode 993 - Explosive?! The Handcuffs that Shackle Yamato's Freedom!

Rate The Episode

• 5/5

Votes: 6 20.7%
  • 4/5

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • 3/5

Votes: 6 20.7%
  • 2/5

Votes: 3 10.3%
  • 1/5

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • 0/5

Votes: 8 27.6%

• Total voters
Good episode.

Nice to get a little backstory on Yamato and Ace, you could see Luffy's face when Yamato mentioned Ace.

Love how Oda just casually put a sword leg on Inurashi this chapter like he did with the gun arm on Nekomamushi.

I love the interaction with Luffy and Yamato, Luffy casually saying he can removes Yamato's cuffs was pretty dope.

Damn Big Mom seems to have Zeus back and she captured Nami and Carrot. When Big Mom is not treated as a meme character she can be as intimidating and scary as Kaido man.

• Ace was probably the first person to get Yamato drunk:catlewd:
  • At least the anime makes it clear Law's crew didn't just get lost from the rest.:suresure:

• A dozen Gifters made Kanjuro the cockiest guy in the world. I wouldn't challenge Oden's boys without a Queen on my left an a King on my right.

• POV: You are Momo and you just told Kanjuro he does his make up like a clown.

• Nice that Neko and Inu kept their limbs wrapped up last episode to reveal their new weapons in this one.
  • Izo with the headshots. :beckmoji: This one doesn't mess around.

• Not sure why Kiku went for a 1v1 against Kanjuro, but it's a nice reminder that they are both time jumpers who gave up their lives for Oden only months ago thus the betrayal carries a lot more emotional weight.
  • Did the girls really lose to those homies? :doffytroll: I thought it was part of their plan.

• I see Kaido ordered Judge's special exploding-handcuffs-for-naughty-children via express.

• I love that Big Mom can never use a door and always has to make an entrance.
Fairly alright episode. Very nice and consistent art with the Yamato scenes, the cliffside snowy battlefield and the temple Kanjuro came out of out looking the best. Those stand off shots before the commercial break were neat too. Some decent animated samurai action especially at the start when the ink clones ambush. What really did it for me was Kanjuro's heavy steps towards to Momo, clenching his bloody fist, and letting loose on that kid from several angles. OST could have been better. Too many generic battle and drama tracks trotted out that didn't reflect as well on the scene as they could have, i.e. most of the samurai fight. Lastly, some small praise for Kiku's VA going from emotional acting to serious helmet mode with a deeper and more stern tone -- even made Kanjuro jump back.

I thought they said the raid will have better pacing and animation than Oden's flashback :josad:
When was this ever stated?

They did said they were trying to pick up the production, which I think is something evidenced in the fact there is definitely a lot more consistency than in early Wano, and the animation highlights are also more notable.

Shisui

Never Feed The Badders Pasta
imagine how fucking undewrhelming chapter 1000 in anime will be.... luffy saying he will become PK in every single episode.... it will hold no meaning enymore.... Luffy is worst character in the entire OP
As if screaming Nami Swan every bloody minute is peak characterization:kobeha:
Post automatically merged:

Izo is the coldest Scabbard idc. Headshots after headshots:steef: