Art | 田中里緑 - Midori Tanaka
Animation | 伊藤公崇 - Kimitaka Itō & 出口としお - Toshio Deguchi
Direction | 鈴木裕介 - Yusuke Suzuki
Storyboard | ___
Airdate: November 14, 2021

[Episode 1000 PREVIEW]

OP 23 - TV Size

Last edited:
Franky was Super this episode and his not backing down from a Yonkuou was Super Bad ass

Yamato calling herself "Oden" and Shinobu/Momonouske reaction afterwards is hilarious.

Ulti may try all she want but she is not beating Yamato lol.

The Numbers have been honestly dissapointing lol but them being "failed ancient giants" from Punk Hazard has some intrigueness to it.

Great team working from Robin and Boss Jinebi to knock off Big Mom was top notch.

Cool ep, Suzuki's board was nice as was Ito's art in the second half (assuming that's him). Preview for next week looks great.

• Franky no selling that Nami hug full of hearts. What an ice cold badass.

• Technically the Numbers did capture the Chopper tank, nice of the anime to milk their small W.

• Yamato turning her back on Ulti to make a cool finishing pose, that's gotta hurt more than any attack.
  • Luffy drops in to vouch for Yamato before quickly dipping out.:suresure:
  • You can't be Oden, my father Oden ran around topless.:shocking:

• This off-model Humpty Dumpty Big Mom is what I imagined she looked like in her first creepy Fishman Island silhouette.
  • Big Mom really picked up a homie to defend from Radical Beam.:milaugh:
  • The YEET from Jinbe and Robin adding a spin dash. :myman:Big Mom being rolled through the exit door is much more humiliating than last week.
Not too keen on the first half's extra slow progress with iffy art here and there, but I really liked the second half where the Strawhat crew got to shine. I say that, but even the end of Yamato Vs Ulti taking place in a narrow alley with several interesting camera shots and Yamato using the bottom of the bridge as a foothold was good filler. Making a full scene out of Franky introducing himself to a Yonko and setting an example for Nami easily exceeded his low key manga intro. The Thriller Bark with Wano filter flashback also worked to emphasize the manga's point of how it took an entire crew's attacks to down Oars Vs Franky alone one-shotting a Number. Big Mom the pink hedgehog and solid OST choices all episode pretty much ends it on a high note going to the reunion on the big 1000.

Episode 1000...we finally made it. R.I.P. to all the anime friends we lost along the way. :feelscryingman: Preview looking super clean as expected, but I'll try to temper my expectations considering the actual events being adapted.

Last edited:
I think the episode, despite not having any particularly stand out highlights, had a lot of really nice small snippets of effects and character animation. Definitely not anything terribly notable, but lots of fun smears to keep the movement interesting.

I think the storyboard and direction by Yusuke Suzuki this episode was also excellent for the most part. The storyboard had a ton of cool angles and layouts that the animation supervisors did a fantastic job of executing. It was a pretty solid episode visually even if it wasn't terribly animation heavy.

Brook and Franky also yet again proved themselves to be total giga chads with them nonchalantly staring down an emperor.

Overall, solid episode. Next episode looks like it'll be the one to watch out for obvious reasons. Expect lots of nice extended bits of action animation.

Maybe even Jack will get a cool scene. I can always hope.

I think the episode, despite not having any particularly stand out highlights, had a lot of really nice small snippets of effects and character animation. Definitely not anything terribly notable, but lots of fun smears to keep the movement interesting.

I think the storyboard and direction by Yusuke Suzuki this episode was also excellent for the most part. The storyboard had a ton of cool angles and layouts that the animation supervisors did a fantastic job of executing. It was a pretty solid episode visually even if it wasn't terribly animation heavy.

Brook and Franky also yet again proved themselves to be total giga chads with them nonchalantly staring down an emperor.

Overall, solid episode. Next episode looks like it'll be the one to watch out for obvious reasons. Expect lots of nice extended bits of action animation.

Maybe even Jack will get a cool scene. I can always hope.
there's was news a few weeks ago that there might be a New Opening for Episode 1000 (along with a movie announcement). Do you think we'll get that next only when the episode airs or perhaps we get an announcement of the song/artist soon?