Speculations One Piece might not have chapter 1000 this year

According from WSJ_Manga twitter account, we most likely will not have chapter 1000 this year because of 2 week WSJ Break on November 23 and 30.

And we will have chapter 998 on December 21, 2020
Thats mean we will have chapter 1000 on January 18, 2021
@ScotchInformer @Paperchampion23 etc..
And that's only if Oda does that 3 chapter stretch from 996-998 and doesn't take another break. I have a feeling he'll do the 3 stretch, but its not guaranteed.

We may only get up to 997 this year lol

still need a confirmation, but if this statement ended up being confirmed. Then yes we dont have chapter 1000 this year.
and the bad thing is, the other manga will have 2 week break too. :josad:
i don't read any other manga :josad:

anyway , i think 998 will be the chapter where the Scabbards are finally defeated , or an intermission chapter between Act 3 and 4

999 will be an intermission chapter imo , highlighting stuff from outside world like Teach getting Pluton and what happened with Mihawk

in chapter 1000 , Act 4 starts and we will see an epic stand off between Luffy-Law-Kid and Kaido

Last chapter of the year will be 997, if we are lucky.
998*

We get 995 this coming month and that's it.

Then the magazine has a 3 issue stretch in December. One Piece may be in all 3 issues so we get up to 998 then by December 21st.

Then it goes on a week break for holiday's, then it comes back around new years, but spoilers will be out earlier so we can even get 999 in late December.

But there is another break after that so getting Chapter 1000 is mid January the earliest. This only if Oda does that 3 chapter stretch from 996-998 in December.

My guess is that Act 3 ends around then too. I still believe chapter 1000 is a mid Act chapter and setup for post-Wano

in chapter 1000 , Act 4 starts and we will see an epic stand off between Luffy-Law-Kid and Kaido
This would be incredibly lame for chapter 1000.

Chapter 1000 is not a "regular" milestone like chapter 400 or chapter 600.

This is something truly special, that almost no manga manages to do.

Only opening act four of Wano with a standoff scene just doesn't come even close to cutting it for that kind of milestone.

I'm almost 100% certain that chapter 1000 will take place in between act three and four, giving us some bombshell worldbuilding/lore (Imu reveal, Blackbeard pulling off something huge, Vegapunk reveal, Void century bombshell, Will of D explained etc.)

It has to be in that kind of category, everything else would be a massive letdown.

Only opening act four of Wano with a standoff scene just doesn't come even close to cutting it for that kind of milestone.

I'm almost 100% certain that chapter 1000 will take place in between act three and four, giving us some bombshell worldbuilding/lore (Imu reveal, Blackbeard pulling off something huge, Vegapunk reveal, Void century bombshell, Will of D explained etc.)

It has to be in that kind of category, everything else would be a massive letdown.
Yeah..no. Chapter 1000 will have Luffy at the forefront, and it WILL be cheesy. One Piece is Luffy. You can't have this milestone without him at the center.

Luffy/Law/Kid vs. Kaido sounds the most plausible.

I also tend to believe that Chapter 1000 should have Luffy as its focus, so i think that Act 3 might end in the next 2 chapters and we return to Wano either at 999 or 1000.

I generally believe that Chapter 1000 will be Luffy giving Kaido that punch from the opening,lol