Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolutely 100%.

I see some software companies jump on the subscription bandwagon and getting ideas from the gaming industry to exploit people as much as possible, to rake in even more money than usual, all the time instead of one off purchases or annual purchases at least, to monthly subscriptions with even ranked tiers for more features, support and s uch.

They want us to only have online based access to everything and never have it offline and especially without payment upfront, nothing for free, nothing offline. All paywalled. I fucking hate that so much, its truly dystopian.
Now even cars will have basic features that are in them locked by subscriptions, truly gg for us all😂

Absolutely 100%.

I see some software companies jump on the subscription bandwagon and getting ideas from the gaming industry to exploit people as much as possible, to rake in even more money than usual, all the time instead of one off purchases or annual purchases at least, to monthly subscriptions with even ranked tiers for more features, support and s uch.

They want us to only have online based access to everything and never have it offline and especially without payment upfront, nothing for free, nothing offline. All paywalled. I fucking hate that so much, its truly dystopian.
When I was a teen I planned to buy myself Photoshop as soon as I'm grown up.
But when I was grown up they had already turned Photoshop from a software that you buy once to an online monthly subscription. This kind of business model made it unattractive for me and I lost all interest in this program.

G

Gorosei Informer

When I was a teen I planned to buy myself Photoshop as soon as I'm grown up.
But when I was grown up they had already turned Photoshop from a software that you buy once to an online monthly subscription. This kind of business model made it unattractive for me and I lost all interest in this program.
Thats exactly what I'm talking about too! Haha!

I wanted Photoshop for most of my life, especially when I was really into image editing and such but I got so used to the free software which has lasted me easily almost 20 years at least! Still going strong too for now! Ironically its called GIMP too LMAO! So awkward to mention it!

kingufy

But yeah, that online monthly subscription is what I hate so much. I refused to get into World of Warcraft MANY years ago due to that alone lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.