Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Gorosei Informer

I've read a few articles now and I.still don't understand what a lootbox or a skin is.

Lootboxes are like IRL mystery crates/boxes, gumball machines or gacha or whatever.

Sometimes you know whats inside the lootbox or whatever, sometimes you dont, but you spend a certain amount of money to open them, usually by buying keys too for lootboxes in games and you get a random reward but they also contain extremely rare to almost impossible to get rewards in them too.

A skin is a cosmetic for your character, like a virtual costume or something. Like how we see anime characters in different outfits by their mangaka and such. There are "skins" for Team Fortress, Dota 2 and Counter-Strike Global Offensive that have easily sold from amounts like $12,000, to $25,000 too even! That was years ago too!
I've not seen Dota ones that high but several hundred dollars at least easily! There are also actual Saudi princes who drop literally $20k at a time on Dota 2 for special event "passes" like seasonal passes for theme parks IRL but for video games instead. Its INSANE!

Status
Not open for further replies.