Forum Event One Piece Royal Rumble

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello there! As a part of our celebration of the forum's first anniversary, we the staff of Worstgen have come with this idea that includes all the users all the forum to engage in a fun-filled competition in which the winner a specific right and privilege that nobody else can get just for a short amount of time.

1. Tournament
Two characters will be pitted against each other in a battle. Users that signup will debate them just like the Battledome; however, instead of deciding who would win in an imaginary fight, you will instead argue who is the better character among the duo. The staff will be the judges. After some debating, we will end the fight and try our fairest to decide who the winner is.

This tournament will proceed in rounds akin to ones in soccer/football.
Round 16 - Sixteen characters separated into 8 groups of 2
Quarterfinals - Eight winners from R16 separated into 4 groups of 2
Semi-finals - Four winners from QF separated into 2 groups of 2
Championship - The final battle between the 2 winners of the SF

As the tournament progresses, the characters you debate for will switch (if you win your round). This is done in order to keep things fresh and exciting. We don't arguments to start being repetitive by having you debate the same character over and over again.

Teamwork
Users will be assigned to teams! You will be set in a minimum team of 3 which will stay as put for the remainder of the tourney (unless one member wants to opt-out). The characters that win and the users that win will advance to the next round.

2. How to Signup
In order to officially signup, please follow this template as closely as you can. In order to signup, do it in this thread. Don't send a pm.
Entering as *insert username*
5 Characters that I'm willing to debate for
-
-
-
-
-
5 Characters that I'm not willing to debate for
-
-
-
-
-
The staff will try its very best to pair you up with the characters that you actually want to say is the Best Character in One Piece in order to make this experience enjoyable for you.

3. Grading System

This shall be the grading system we will use to determine the winners.
  1. Argument quality (1-10 points)
  2. Poll (0 or 5 points based on who wins the poll)
  3. Humor (1-5 points)
  4. Manga usage (1-5 points)
  5. Teamwork (1-5)
More Info Manga Usage:
Just posting manga panels - 1 point
Only 25% of the panels posted back up the argument - 2 points
Only 50% of the panels posted back up the argument - 3 points
Only 75% of the panels posted back up the argument - 4 points
100% of the panels posted back up the argument - 5 points

Do note that points in specific categories do not accumulate. So you can't get 4 and 2 points for your humor at once, for example.
4. The Prize
The team that wins the entire tournament will get to choose the site's next forum theme! It can be a character, an arc, an organization, or even something like the Sword/Admiral Alliance that has made its mark on the forum. Of course, what you must choose is something One Piece related and no previous themes. So Ace, Zoro, and the Worst Generation are not an option.

5. Judges
The judges who will be reviewing these debates shall be...

@Dragomir @Natalija @Jiihad @TheAncientCenturion @Kiwipom @Van and @AL sama

You can't select the judge that you want yourselves but be instead assigned.

6. Technicalities & Formatting
How everything shall be set up is...
  1. Signups will last exactly 1 week.
  2. Two days' worth of time afterward will be given to the judges to go over the characters you have listed to come up with the best matches as well as organize the teams.
  3. A general thread shall be created providing information about the rules, each bracket, the teams, and the battles–with links to the specific threads–and in this thread, spectators can discuss the ongoing debates.
  4. Debates will be handled in duos, meaning it will go 2 at a time. They will last for 2 days. After both debates end, another set of 2 will go forth.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hope that this idea that we have crafted is one that snatches your interest. It would be absolutely lovely if many people decide to join.

DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES TO PICK THE NEW FORUM THEME????

P.S. Those who aren't partaking in the debates can be spectators and are free to like posts in any of the battle threads that they wish.

Last edited:
M

MD Zolo

Is there a time limit on the debating? And is there a time limit for posting the argument following the argument from the opponent?

Finally, I don't have Viz subscription (geo-locked). So, I can't procure Manga panels any time I want. So, how am I supposed to win if Manga panels dictate a significant portion of the available points?

Is there a time limit on the debating? And is there a time limit for posting the argument following the argument from the opponent?

Finally, I don't have Viz subscription (geo-locked). So, I can't procure Manga panels any time I want. So, how am I supposed to win if Manga panels dictate a significant portion of the available points?
easy use pirated manga panels and use an uploading site
Post automatically merged:

wonderful idea thanks for the mod team

Is there a time limit on the debating?
Yes, each debate will last for 2 days.

And is there a time limit for posting the argument following the argument from the opponent?
Nope.

You will be in a team of at least 3, you can ask your teammates for support in getting those panels. Or you can always ask someone else, one of the spectators to provide them. Just anyone that you know who can get to those Viz panels.

Each debate will last for two days. There is no time limit, you’re free to post whenever you like and in the amount you like.

What Cobra said. Also, you will have teammates :optimistic:

Status
Not open for further replies.