General & Others One Piece Schedule - Chapter release status

If you want know chapter release status, you can find it from ToC recent issue + preview for next issue.
Well, usually at end page a certain chapter, there will be an announcement if next week is on break.

you can also find it at : https://www.viz.com/shonen-jump-chapter-schedule (USA time zone).
(for now, I think there has a typo. It's 955, not 956)
for chapter 955, seems WSJ will coming early
Post automatically merged:

PREVIEW WSJ issue 43 / 2019

Illegal scan Chapter 956 most likely will appear at Thursday, 19 September (Japanese Time Zone).
Legal version & Viz will appear at Saturday, 21 September (Japanese Time Zone)

Last edited:
If you want know chapter release status, you can find it from ToC recent issue + preview for next issue.
Well, usually at end page a certain chapter, there will be an announcement if next week is on break.

you can also find it at : https://www.viz.com/shonen-jump-chapter-schedule (USA time zone).
(for now, I think there has a typo. It's 955, not 956)
for chapter 955, seems WSJ will coming early

PREVIEW WSJ issue 43 / 2019

Illegal scan Chapter 956 most likely will appear at Thursday, 19 September (Japanese Time Zone).
Legal version & Viz will appear at Saturday, 21 September (Japanese Time Zone)
What about this week’s scan?

Is it Thursday again or Friday

Official holiday schedule:
  • 22-23rd of Dec: Chapter 966
  • 29-30th of Dec: Magazine Break
  • 5-6th of Jan: Chapter 967
  • 12-13th of Jan: Magazine Break
  • 19-20th of Jan: Chapter 968
This is the official WSJ release schedule, chapter comes out Sunday or Monday depending on your time zone. The unofficial release is typically 2-3 days earlier on the Friday before the official. Chapter 966 should be the last of the year unless the unofficial 967 comes out almost an entire week early.

Keep in mind this is only WSJ's schedule for all series. Oda could announce a break after 967 and the week with Chapter 968 on the 19-20th of January would become >Oda Break<.

This is the official WSJ release schedule, chapter comes out Sunday or Monday depending on your time zone. The unofficial release is typically 2-3 days earlier on the Friday before the official. Chapter 966 should be the last of the year unless the unofficial 967 comes out almost an entire week early.

Keep in mind this is only WSJ's schedule for all series. Oda could announce a break after 967 and the week with Chapter 968 on the 19-20th of January would become >Oda Break<.
Ah that's alright, nothing to bad

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower

So the magazine is on break this week, right? I don’t need to get my spoilers-powered engine running right about now?

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
We’re getting the point where Oda might as well bite the bullet and go monthly. It might actually kill me and most of y’all, but between his frequent breaks AND those of WSJ, feels like we’re lucky to get 30 chapters a year.

I know, I should be grateful that this series exists at all...but after spending more than half my life reading it, I’m allowed to be annoyed by the sudden(ish) release slowdown. Nothing else gets my endorphins going like One Piece, I’m basically just going through withdrawals the rest of the time.

If he does that then goodbye to OP ends in 5 years?! I get it, Oda wants to take a break and that is completely fine, but don't give us the OP ending in 5 years if that is what his schedule is going to look like.
Oda has always been bad with deadlines.

We’re getting the point where Oda might as well bite the bullet and go monthly. It might actually kill me and most of y’all, but between his frequent breaks AND those of WSJ, feels like we’re lucky to get 30 chapters a year.

I know, I should be grateful that this series exists at all...but after spending more than half my life reading it, I’m allowed to be annoyed by the sudden(ish) release slowdown. Nothing else gets my endorphins going like One Piece, I’m basically just going through withdrawals the rest of the time.
In the WCI arc, I noticed that he drew a ton of panels that were just useless or not really meaningful. I feel like the story of WCI would have flowed much better if it was condensed into a small amount of monthly chapters rather than 70-80 chapters.

Nah, it's always feels like this in January and it's not really Oda's fault.

There's two Shonen Jump breaks in a row, and one of those chapters always gets leaked really early meaning there's like a three week gap between chapters instead of the fortnight it should be.

He still outputs ~38 chapters a year, with three to four weeks straight before a break (not counting the Jump ones).

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
Nah, it's always feels like this in January and it's not really Oda's fault.

There's two Shonen Jump breaks in a row, and one of those chapters always gets leaked really early meaning there's like a three week gap between chapters instead of the fortnight it should be.

He still outputs ~38 chapters a year, with three to four weeks straight before a break (not counting the Jump ones).
I’m not so new to this series that I don’t remember the days we’d get new chapters every single week, or he would only break one week every other month or something. His productivity has gone down so far since then that we’ve literally had two chapters in the last month and a half.

I understand on an intellectual level, he deserves as many breaks as he needs to keep telling us this enthralling story (and keep it as engaging as it’s ever been), but it’s not my fault he decides to introduce 80 characters each arc, give four or five of them any significance, and spend way too long on Luffy’s fights/the crew escaping their situation. He can pace each arc however he wants, but Dressrosa/WCI were both complete messes, and I would STILL have to contend with so many breaks just to get less than engaging chapters in the middle of each one. After following this series for 17 years, I think I’m entitled to voice my complaints, which are largely related to my own inability to be patient.