Status
Not open for further replies.

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
I think it’s fair to call Alexander Hellenic, cause the kingdom of Makedon was definitely culturally similar to what’s consistently called Ancient Greece. Only issue is there was hardly a unified identity and those of Athens would not and did not consider Makedonins to be the same as them.

But then again the Spartans didn’t view themselves as Greek either for most of their history so yeah

I think it’s fair to call Alexander Hellenic, cause the kingdom of Makedon was definitely culturally similar to what’s consistently called Ancient Greece. Only issue is there was hardly a unified identity and those of Athens would not and did not consider Makedonins to be the same as them.

But then again the Spartans didn’t view themselves as Greek either for most of their history so yeah
He is far more hellenic than what would be Macedonian at the time - Illyrian

dude

Macedonia is a province of Greece.

He wasn't from actual country of Macedonia from today
:seriously:

using modern countries to act like you're right is like saying Caesar was from Italy. Anyways isn't the country called north macedon
Post automatically merged:

the greeks really didn't have this unified identity irrc

:seriously:

using modern countries to act like you're right is like saying Caesar was from Italy. Anyways isn't the country called north macedon
Saying Caesar is from Italy isn't so far fetched bcs Italia was a province in Roman Republice

And north macedon isn't same as Macedonia from greece from where Alexander is

Status
Not open for further replies.