Status
Not open for further replies.
None among Tama, Carrot or Yamato should be added to the main cast. They are very late to the party to get actual storylines. Even the current main cast are getting half-baked roles now.

Among the three, Carrot would make some sense since she was with the Strawhats the longer. But her inactivity in Wano makes it very difficult to support her joining.

Yamato came in far too late and every single thing about him/her/them is forced. It was completely unnecessary to even introduce Yamato, because Yamato didn’t do anything in Onigashima that couldn’t written around by Oda.

Tama is another candidate that has no place among Straw Hats. She is only liked by LuNa fans. I remember four years ago, some LuNa fans were like "Tama has to join to rejig the story", while hoping for some interaction between Tama and Nami (somehow that's what ended up happening). But these LuNa fans need to know they are fighting a losing battle and will only add more baggage to the story to keep their agenda going for a little while.
yamato did quiet a bit that required their character, holding kaido for the time they did was still important when zoro and sanji were busy on their own and macro clearly wasn't in a state to do that. i would have loved another straw hat to handle it but they def wouldn't have held their own. I don't see how you write around that though if this is how oda wanted the fight to work out where there are multiple rounds.

Outside of that yamato was given a backstory connected to the roots of the story being told in wano, I hope they join because I want to see them in the story and the interactions forward. the character is incomplete. and I find it idiotic for oda to setup a fight with greenbull and have momo "prove" they can handle people but then yamato stays who was not included in the battle because of their want to join the crew.

Yamato needs more development but I don't believe its impossible, the character is basically the same level of completion as jinbei while carrot never even had much of a character. as well tama is too young and even buggy and shanks didn't go on the trip to laughtale.

Status
Not open for further replies.