Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Gorosei Informer

Why did Oda had to make this joyboy/nika garbage? Luffy worked perfectly as some kid from east blue with the head full of dreams. This literally wasn't needed.
I REALLY loved him being the underdog with a terrible fruit and learning to master it and becoming a "figurative God" with it, now Oda truly went full irony with that and jumped the shark in the most extreme way possible! Sigh...

It reminds me of how Naruto was the underdog too....Even though he had Kurama too....Rock Lee was the best underdog to the point he never got to shine and got outshined by his master by the end of the series too LMFAO! Not even a canonical wife either but somehow has a son too?

G

Gorosei Informer

So everyone is just copying some old legend and claims it as their own work. Great. Isn't this called plagiarism?

This is why I get angry on Oda being hailed as the God of originality. Hes not truly original in the typical/literal sense and even that is impossible especially these days too BUT its what he does with existing concepts and influences that is so original, so creative. I actually really aspire to and admire that, I love taking preconceived things and warping them, redefining them, doing different things with them, discovering something new through them, experimenting basically.

Oda is an absolute tour de force of creativity and imagination but a lot of the fanbase seems to think he invented so many preestablished things and ignore the immense references he uses for his work.

I could show so much in regards to Fujitora alone and the potential of his character due to it too.

Oda takes a TON of inspiration from a movie called The Adventures of Baron Munchasen:

Oda is blatantly influenced by stuff like:

Journey To The West as I just said before ofc, Popeye, The Wizard of Oz, Asterix and Obelix, Aesops Fables/Fairy Tales, Disney especially Alice in Wonderland like with WCI, Nightmare Before Christmas (one of his fave films I think) for Thriller Bark and Kuragaina Island, Vicky the Viking (as he said himself), Looney Tunes, Tom and Jerry and other classic toons as Gear 5th proved especially, Johnny Bravo with Franky even but also Ace Ventura and Jim Carrey generally, The Mask for G5 Luffy too especially and so on.

I thought of some other series too but my brain short circuited again and I forgot them, damn random memory wipes lmfao.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would be ok if only other characters didn't worship him.
But it's nit only Luffy's relationship with others. Momo and Zunisha too. The scabbards and Oden too.
More and more, Oda pushes some 'great leaders' and has all the other characters gather around them. And i'm not fond of this
In early Obe Piece, it felt the series was about the crew even if Luffy was the main character.
Now it feels the series is about who wank Luffy the hardest

A

AverageNamiEnjoyer

I REALLY loved him being the underdog with a terrible fruit and learning to master it and becoming a "figurative God" with it, now Oda truly went full irony with that and jumped the shark in the most extreme way possible! Sigh...

It reminds me of how Naruto was the underdog too....Even though he had Kurama too....Rock Lee was the best underdog to the point he never got to shine and got outshined by his master by the end of the series too LMFAO! Not even a canonical wife either but somehow has a son too?
Don't remind me of Naruto. Neji was right about everything.

I have said it before there is literally no difference between crewmate and other character now.
Nothing makes them special. These characters are ready to die for Luffy as much as Crewmate. Even Luffy hasn't properly interacted with strawhats for 2 years. In last four year , he has proper interaction with only Zoro , even that was early wano.
There is no difference in how Luffy treats Brook, Usopp, Sanji etc to any random character he meets who is a “good guy”. He really only has specific meaningful interactions with Zoro and Nami these days. It’s even worse when Oda tries to separate Luffy from these two cause the whole dynamic with other characters is boring af

A

AverageNamiEnjoyer

I don't see it
Luffy isn't acting more like a "fight fag" in Wano than he did in WCI vs Katakuri
Where was whole smile thing vs Katakuri. Why did he screamed at Yamato when she attack Kaido.

Being a fight-fag isn't even bad , it's him being a messiah that ruined wano.

Katakuri wasn't an evil guy but simply someone from the opposite side.
Kaido is a piece of shit no better than Doflamingoa or Crocdile and Luffy having fun with him just does not feel right.
Bruh Katakuri tried to headshot Sanji and literally killed innocent cooks who brought him food just because they saw his face
Come on

G

Gorosei Informer

Don't remind me of Naruto. Neji was right about everything.
Hahahaha, I've seen people say that a lot and its so very true! I never thought I would grow to like Neji so much, sympathise and feel sorry for him, I used to HATE him!
Post automatically merged:

So you’re telling me he has become Oden, my top three least favorite characters in op
Oden has been like a mix of Luffy, Sanji and Zoro for me tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.