Who is the strongest Gorosei?

• Total voters
https://www.reddit.com/r/Piratefolk/comments/10lbd5v

@Jaguark101 @MonsterKaido @Buusatan94 @DarkWitch @h_zorothegoat @Sentinel @Charlotte LinLin @Kiwipom @Warchief Sanji D Goat @Albino ๐Ÿ‘‘ @Playa4321

How do you feel about this post? Do you agree with it? I thought it was quite a profound moment, even though I dislike how Kaido and BM were handled in the end but this moment was poignant for me and made me feel sorry for both of them, especially Kaido here. He felt more tragic here, like he just lost another loved one as I suspect he was depressed and torn up over losing Xebec and even Whitebeard too.

Those panels of BM looked so good and Kaido actually made Kaido look upset and heartbroken without being too ridiculous, despite how truly awful and respulsive most of his post TS exaggerated expressions are. I actually felt sympathy for the villain here, kinda like when Doffy lost Monet and Vergo and also when he was getting crucified by the angry mob or so as a child.

This was fucking brutal after all:

I have this playing in my head for Kaido after he realises Big Mom is gone:

(Jojo Part 2/Battle Tendency major spoilers:)

I actually miss Kaido and BM tbh. I really do.

:perocry::peperain::pepemotion::pepemy:
It could have been developed well in the flashback :josad: I hope we see some of it during rocks FB :pepecopium:

@Jaguark101 @MonsterKaido @Buusatan94 @DarkWitch @h_zorothegoat @Sentinel @Charlotte LinLin @Kiwipom @Warchief Sanji D Goat @Albino ๐Ÿ‘‘ @Playa4321

How do you feel about this post? Do you agree with it? I thought it was quite a profound moment, even though I dislike how Kaido and BM were handled in the end but this moment was poignant for me and made me feel sorry for both of them, especially Kaido here. He felt more tragic here, like he just lost another loved one as I suspect he was depressed and torn up over losing Xebec and even Whitebeard too.

Those panels of BM looked so good and Kaido actually made Kaido look upset and heartbroken without being too ridiculous, despite how truly awful and respulsive most of his post TS exaggerated expressions are. I actually felt sympathy for the villain here, kinda like when Doffy lost Monet and Vergo and also when he was getting crucified by the angry mob or so as a child.

It goes back to what Big Mom said to Page One: even if they are pirates, there is still SOME basic code of conduct. Oda did a great job of making Kaido look like Big Mom's angry little brother. He hates her guts, but he loves her too, and knows he owes her.

I still think that debt will come into play later.

Tbh i dont think the scene is super to have some big emotional effect on readers

Imo i think it was just supposed to give us a bit more insight into kaido and linlin's relationship. Obviously not anything major but enough to get readers excited to get more eventually
Also to give kid and law credit/hype for beating her

Peppercore

(โ˜โ—žโ€ธโ—Ÿ)โ˜ž ๐š‚๐š’๐š–๐š™
โ€Ž
biggest indicator of the hoes not being alright is that all isekai nowadays has gone from โ€œultimate power level super cool beam explosion harem fantasyโ€ to shit like โ€œin this new world i eat lots of delicious food and help people with minor problems and i feel incredibly fulfilled with a happy and peaceful life where the cold grip of capitalism cant touch me :)โ€

biggest indicator of the hoes not being alright is that all isekai nowadays has gone from โ€œultimate power level super cool beam explosion harem fantasyโ€ to shit like โ€œin this new world i eat lots of delicious food and help people with minor problems and i feel incredibly fulfilled with a happy and peaceful life where the cold grip of capitalism cant touch me :)โ€
Isekai Stuff hype ended with Sao for me.
After its more of a censored hentai for people. Just fanservice.
And somehow every single one of them is Over powered.

G

Gorosei Informer

It could have been developed well in the flashback :josad: I hope we see some of it during rocks FB :pepecopium:
Right?! I hope Toei will make up for it at least and give us some glorious "canon non-canon filler" or w/e to make up for it! I hope we get some solemn music for this moment and I know their VAs are gonna deliver at this moment if nothing else. I didn't like Kaidos or BM's VAs (her current one not the original one) at first but they've both grown on me and I'm curious to see how prime BM is gonna sound, although I hope not with this crazy granny voice tbh LOL!

I really wanted dubbed Rocks era Big Mom to sound like thi:

That cowgirl type accent/voice, Southern Belle, gangster or whatever lol. Texan Big Mom? Haha.

I really feel this song suits Big Mom or Linlin if you will so much too!:

That Rocks flashback man, I really hope for all of our sakes that Oda pays off for that too, we NEED it! Kaido, Big Mom, Shiki, Stussy, Whitebeard etc, it would be AMAZING to see them all properly in that era and in that crew, not to mention the man himself Xebec too FINALLY! I'm finally on that Rocks hype train despite my apprehensions before, I need that shit now! LMAO!

It goes back to what Big Mom said to Page One: even if they are pirates, there is still SOME basic code of conduct. Oda did a great job of making Kaido look like Big Mom's angry little brother. He hates her guts, but he loves her too, and knows he owes her.

I still think that debt will come into play later.
Yeah thats true, I like that Big Mom brought that up. I really liked how during WCI especially but even since FMI, she had that shrewd gangster granny/mafia boss queen vibe going on, she loved to make deals/bargains and she punished betrayals and failures heavily too. The gangster themes of WCI with her and Capone especially were fantastic and really enjoyable. I wish Crocodile and Doflamingo had been involved too, heh. I really wanted Doffy to be her business partner instead too. It would have been too perfect, he and Big Mom are quite similar tbh.

Thats a great point too, that sibling relationship between them was pretty endearing and funny to see. For BM to say she actually sees him as a little brother (Ara Ara Kaido) and they do love hate each other as siblings do and as you said too. her saving his life back at Gods Valley too and giving him his legendary DF spoke volumes of how much she treasured him too.

His memories of her in her final moments as she was defeated, what she said to Kaido then and her giving him that DF, one of the MOST powerful and valuable DFs in the world, that really spoke volumes to how she cared about him and she wasn't just using him after all, when she easily could have and taken advantage of his strength and such. Despite the people who raised her and the abandonments and betrayals she experienced, Linlin was surprisingly loyal when she wanted to be. Also like with how she tried to keep her end of her bargains but I think she knew how scummy Judge was ofc and that he was trying to double cross her too, hence why she wanted to kill him off rather than just work with him too or especially force him to work under her. Easier/more pragmatic option for her too I suppose.

Last edited by a moderator:
Right?! I hope Toei will make up for it at least and give us some glorious "canon non-canon filler" or w/e to make up for it! I hope we get some solemn music for this moment and I know their VAs are gonna deliver at this moment if nothing else. I didn't like Kaidos or BM's VAs (her current one not the original one) at first but they've both grown on me and I'm curious to see how prime BM is gonna sound, although I hope not with this crazy granny voice tbh LOL!

I really wanted dubbed Rocks era Big Mom to sound like thi:

That cowgirl type accent/voice, Sourthen Belle, gangster or whatever lol. Texan Big Mom? Haha.

I really feel this song suits Big Mom or Linlin if you will so much too!:

That Rocks flashback man, I really hope for all of our sakes that Oda pays off for that too, we NEED it! Kaido, Big Mom, Shiki, Stussy, Whitebeard etc, it would be AMAZING to see them all properly in that era and in that crew, not to mention the man himself Xebec too FINALLY! I'm finally on that Rocks hype train despite my apprehensions before, I need that shit now! LMAO!

Yeah thats true, I like that Big Mom brought that up. I really liked how during WCI especially but even since FMI, she had that shrewd gangster granny/mafia boss queen vibe going on, she loved to make deals/bargains and she punished betrayals and failures heavily too. The gangster themes of WCI with her and Capone especially were fantastic and really enjoyable. I wish Crocodile and Doflamingo had been involved too, heh. I really wanted Doffy to be her business partner instead too. It would have been too perfect, he and Big Mom are quite similar tbh.

Thats a great point too, that sibling relationship between them was pretty endearing and funny to see. For BM to say she actually sees him as a little brother (Ara Ara Kaido) and they do love hate each other as siblings do and as you said too. her saving his life back at Gods Valley too and giving him his legendary DF spoke volumes of how much she treasured him too.

His memories of her in her final moments as she was defeated, what she said to Kaido then and her giving him that DF, one of the MOST powerful and valuable DFs in the world, that really spoke volumes to how she cared about him and she wasn't just using him after all, when she easily could have and taken advantage of his strength and such. Despite the people who raised her and the abandonments and betrayals she experienced, Linlin was surprisingly loyal when she wanted to be. Also like with how she tried to keep her end of her bargains but I think she knew how scummy Judge was ofc and that he was trying to double cross her too, hence why she wanted to kill him off rather than just work with him too or especially force him to work under her. Easier/more pragmatic option for her too I suppose.
Just start a youtube channel at this point. I can literally take your replies , summarise it and Give you fuckin script for your videos.
:sanmoji:

Reborn

Throughout Heaven & Earth,I alone am d Honored One
โ€Ž
Peak fiction. What do you mean? :catblush:
Oda teased us with BB and law

Fans - oda will off -panel it

Oda - followed with bb vs law in the next chapter

Fans - omg we are getting BB vs law on panel... peak one piece is back

Oda next chapter - off - paneled whole fight till now

My expectation bar is at all time low lol

Nikuzi

โš“๐’ซ๐’พ๐“‡๐’ถ๐“‰๐‘’ ๐’ฌ๐“Š๐‘’๐‘’๐“ƒ ๐’ฎ๐‘’๐“ƒ๐’ธ๐’ฝ๐‘œ๐“Šโš“
โ€Ž
Good chapter

Followed by break

People will wait two weeks to see kizaru and Saturn

Next Chapter - oda will switch to bonney and some flashback

One piece plot progression :josad:
Its the absolute worst when a break comes after a good chapter

:catcry:

G

Gorosei Informer

Tbh i dont think the scene is super to have some big emotional effect on readers

Imo i think it was just supposed to give us a bit more insight into kaido and linlin's relationship. Obviously not anything major but enough to get readers excited to get more eventually
Also to give kid and law credit/hype for beating her
Aye thats fair, thanks! Would love to see Oda dive into more about the Rocks pirates interpersonal relationships and what made them so apparently hostile to and thus unstable with one another. Especially given we know a fair bit about them so far now too.

Yeah I'm really happy about Kidd and Law getting that massive much needed W over Big Mom and thus a Yonko too. Not enough people give them respect on that, especially Kidd too but I know he will always be in the minority/the underdog on that too. 2 Supernovas singlehandedly beating a Yonko is extremely impressive.