Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Gorosei Informer

Not trying to defend Wano in any way, but....it wasn't. It was a misplaced expectation that people created after that "year of sanji" thing.
Even though I understand the frustration, due to Zoro's village connections to Wano itself.
I has expectations for him with Wano since Oda likened him as a samurai early in the series and escalated with revealing Wanos existence and Ryuuma too especially.

This is something I was looking forward to for 18 years now or so, hence I'm very bitter.

WCI had some really nice character moments for Sanji but it was imo underwhelming in terms of meathead reasons/action for him lol. I really wish he had fought Katakuri with Luffy at least, it would have been perfection for me.

I feel Wano has had a really strong payoff for Sanji with him here and there but especially destroying the raid suit willingly/purposely and getting Ifrit Jambe too. That's peak fiction for me tbh. Also the Chuji stuff too.

Like with Kidd vs Law, I feel Oda is playing heavy favouritism or doesn't want to take major risks with Zoro and Kidd as character too or more likely doesn't know what to do with them.

150ish chapters and ironically all we got was Zoro feats wanking which Sanji was lacking imo until Wano.

I'm much happier with Odas handling of Sanji now but Zoro feels heavily neglected, like with Kidd.

You can seem the same issues with Kaido and Big Mom too.

This makes me think Mihawk will be mostly an enigma to the end and not get a lot of characters development but Shanks will get a lot instead.

Oda has also completed neglected Scopper so far and I'm beginning to think we're gonna see similar issues arise with Blackbeard and the Admirals too.

I dont even want to talk about how Oda has completed wasted Dragon and how non existent Luffys mother is too or ill really get toxic lol. Britney Will start singing about me next or even System of A Down (Clown)!

has expectations for him with Wano since Oda likened him as a samurai early in the series and escalated with revealing Wanos existence and Ryuuma too especially.

This is something I was looking forward to for 18 years now or so, hence I'm very bitter.
I feel you here.
I too had expectations. but I.had to learn that there is no work of fiction that suits a reader's personal taste 100%.
If you want that you have to write it yourself I guess.

G

Gorosei Informer

1050 is most disappointing shit I have read in a long time :josad:
I was worried about how much this chapter may upset you tbh. I enjoyed the chapter in hindsight but I still feel Kaido was wasted/done dirty and suffered similar issues to what I said about Zoro to Doggo kun just now.

I might do a writeup on how I feel Kaido should be handled.
Post automatically merged:

I feel you here.
I too had expectations. but I.had to learn that there is no work of fiction that suits a reader's personal taste 100%.
If you want that you have to write it yourself I guess.
Yeah these are Odas choices and style. Either we accept and even embrace it or as you said, make our own versions.

Ive been toying with rewrites of Post TS for a while but I don't think what I came up with would be well received/popular, just due to my own self esteem issues too especially.

Looking at the state of this arc, I feel some fan fiction is needed as copium/therapy for what's happened and didn't happen tbh.

There are things I've really enjoyed this arc, this chapter and even over the post TS but u feel OP is suffering from too much ambition and promise ironically too. Its trying too hard for it own good.

I might experiment with writing up some of my ideas and see how they are received generally. Like samples/tasters.
I'm not Oda ofc and I don't want to even challenge him but I just want to remedy some problems with the series and personal issues and desires we have too.
Post automatically merged:

I actually had plans to write up my own Naruto- One Piece- Fairy Tail- Ranma 1/2- Avatar TLA- Okami etc type series. Something with a lot of world building, wonder, memorable, humour, fun characters and deep, heartfelt, bittersweet to tragic and ecstatic moments too.

Idk how good it would be but I have a TON of inspiration from absolutely tons of media in life and I'd love to pay tribute them all somehow.

In college, I wrote up a detailed successor to Mirrors Edge, way before we even knew of a sequel/reboot or whatever. It was themed around Heaven and Hell, open world, angels, demons etc.

Last edited by a moderator:

Doggo

Welcome to the House of Hope
I has expectations for him with Wano since Oda likened him as a samurai early in the series and escalated with revealing Wanos existence and Ryuuma too especially.

WCI had some really nice character moments for Sanji but it was imo underwhelming in terms of meathead reasons/action for him lol. I really wish he had fought Katakuri with Luffy at least, it would have been perfection for me.

I feel Wano has had a really strong payoff for Sanji with him here and there but especially destroying the raid suit willingly/purposely and getting Ifrit Jambe too. That's peak fiction for me tbh. Also the Chuji stuff too.

Like with Kidd vs Law, I feel Oda is playing heavy favouritism or doesn't want to take major risks with Zoro and Kidd as character too or more likely doesn't know what to do with them.

150ish chapters and ironically all we got was Zoro feats wanking which Sanji was lacking imo until Wano.

I'm much happier with Odas handling of Sanji now but Zoro feels heavily neglected, like with Kidd.

You can seem the same issues with Kaido and Big Mom too.

This makes me think Mihawk will be mostly an enigma to the end and not get a lot of characters development but Shanks will get a lot instead.

Oda has also completed neglected Scopper so far and I'm beginning to think we're gonna see similar issues arise with Blackbeard and the Admirals too.

I dont even want to talk about how Oda has completed wasted Dragon and how non existent Luffys mother is too or ill really get toxic lol. Britney Will start singing about me next or even System of A Down (Clown)!
I don't think Zoro was "neglected".
He got the "scarring Kaido" moment.
He got the "cutting the dragon in the air" moment with a panel mimicking that Wanted one.
He learned that his village was founded by Wano people.
He had his nice moment with the people from Ebisu town.
He had the most interaction with the arc's princess from the SH's.
Some may say that he getting a new sword is a plus. I hate Enma, so, personally, I think that's a negative, but meh. Since I believe he's gonna either turn all 3 swords black at the same time, since he's a 3-sword user, or just Wado, it made sense to remove his black blade and give him another non-black blade. I just wish it was Nidai.
He participated on the rooftop battle.

I think there's a good mix of "battle" and "non battle" things for Zoro this arc. I just think people misplaced some expectations, thinking Oda would turn this into some other shounen where not always the MC is the one who solves the big baddie problem.
I had expected Zoro to take on either Doffy or Fujitora in Dressrosa, while Luffy was busy with the tournament thing. Didn't happen.
I expected Sanji to fight Katakuri. Didn't happen.
All Luffy.
I expected Zoro to fight some major antagonist samurai in Wano, didn't happen.
Orochi? clown.
Kyoshiro? Actually a good guy.
Kaido's secret son that have some twist sense of imitating Oden fighting like a samurai but it's still evil? Nope. Nice woman and might even join the gang.
Had to take some magical senzu bean just to go back to the original plan of Zoro vs King and Sanji vs Queen.
It's always been Luffy's show. I just think some people grew tired of it.
Giving Luffy two major fights in WCI while the "other mc" for the arc got nothing? That should have been the final nail in the coffin for people to understand that there's almost no room for other characters to shine. other characters get "moments" and that's it.

I actually had plans to write up my own Naruto- One Piece- Fairy Tail- Ranma 1/2- Avatar TLA- Okami etc type series. Something with a lot of world building, wonder, memorable, humour, fun characters and deep, heartfelt, bittersweet to tragic and ecstatic moments too.

Idk how good it would be but I have a TON of inspiration from absolutely tons of media in life and I'd love to pay tribute them all somehow.
I would say just give it a try! :) If you enjoy it, it will never feel like wasted time - even if you just write it for yourself.
If it gets an audience on top of that even better. :)

A

AverageNamiEnjoyer

He got the "cutting the dragon in the air" moment with a panel mimicking that Wanted one.
Some may say that he getting a new sword is a plus. I hate Enma, so, personally, I think that's a negative, but meh. Since I believe he's gonna either turn all 3 swords black at the same time, since he's a 3-sword user, or just Wado, it made sense to remove his black blade and give him another non-black blade. I just wish it was Nidai.

I think there's a good mix of "battle" and "non battle" things for Zoro this arc. I just think people misplaced some expectations, thinking Oda would turn this into some other shounen where not always the MC is the one who solves the big baddie problem.
I had expected Zoro to take on either Doffy or Fujitora in Dressrosa, while Luffy was busy with the tournament thing. Didn't happen.
All Luffy.
Orochi? clown.
Kaido's secret son that have some twist sense of imitating Oden fighting like a samurai but it's still evil? Nope. Nice woman and might even join the gang.
Had to take some magical senzu bean just to go back to the original plan of Zoro vs King and Sanji vs Queen.
Giving Luffy two major fights in WCI while the "other mc" for the arc got nothing? That should have been the final nail in the coffin for people to understand that there's almost no room for other characters to shine. other characters get "moments" and that's it.
Zoro did too much this arc. Third most relevant character in wano. Attention got shifted to Yamato(a character that was created in onigashima) and Momo. That's why many are forgetting it.

G

Gorosei Informer

All Luffy.
Orochi? clown.
With Zoro I meant getting the rest of his backstory like how Sanji got more and we learned about Sanjis full name, lineage, family etc. Zoro is still a massive mystery in that sense. Oda also blue balling us by making him resemble Ushimaru but not explaining why and saying he's not his father either.

I hate Enma too so I can completely relate and agree with that too.

I really wanted Zoro to be challenged in the same way Sanji was, that emotional conflict and struggle.

He didn't even avenge Yasuie and the only samurai he faced was a good guy all along too. Idk if Gyukimaru/Onimaru counts.

Yeah Zoro vs Doffy or Fujitora especially would have been great.

I think ironically getting all this extra development for Sanji has lead to a new predecent/standard/expectation for OP especially with the other SHs but there is still so much to learn about Zoro, Nami, Robin, Franky, Brook at least imo.

Yeah I really felt like the series was the Luffy show after WCI too for the reasons you mentioned. Dressrosa was bad enough, especially with Law not getting the final blow or even kill on Doflamingo.

Status
Not open for further replies.