Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorachi wrote a far better version of Wano too. Hence why no OP x Gintama crossover as it would expose Oda too.
Yeah, you are right! I honestly laughed when Oda said he doesn't want to make a crossover with Gintama because he doesn't see this being a good fit. I mean: Why not?! Both series are based on a ridiculously absurd humor. lol. But Sorachis trolling level would have totally owned Oda. Sorachi definitely can write better characters, add more depth and jokes, but Oda is the better designer & world builder. I give him that. Yet in direct comparison of the samurai theme / arc Sorachi did better again. I honestly miss Gintama a lot. At the same time I remember how hyped I was for Wano for years and now I think about dropping one piece after every chapter. Says a lot about the arc. lol.

Chapter 1050 - Yonkou (Brief summary)
- Cover story: Cracker gets to Chocolate Town
- Both Kaido and Big Mom submerge from the ground in front of Luffy, still in Gear 5
- BM wants Luffy's head, Kaido gets in her way saying their era is over
- Kaido tells BM that Luffy might be Joy Boy: flashback when Rocks in a silhouette gathers his crew up and explains to them who Joy Boy is (no new information)
- BM shocked, she calls for Napoleon and the other Homies and stabs Kaido right into his heart "And what about our dream, oni brat?!"
- Luffy punches BM into her face sending her flying
End of the chapter

G

Gorosei Informer

Yeah, you are right! I honestly laughed when Oda said he doesn't want to make a crossover with Gintama because he doesn't see this being a good fit. I mean: Why not?! Both series are based on a ridiculously absurd humor. lol. But Sorachis trolling level would have totally owned Oda. Sorachi definitely can write better characters, add more depth and jokes, but Oda is the better designer & world builder. I give him that. Yet in direct comparison of the samurai theme / arc Sorachi did better again. I honestly miss Gintama a lot. At the same time I remember how hyped I was for Wano for years and now I think about dropping one piece after every chapter. Says a lot about the arc. lol.
Wait he actually said that?! Oh fuck you Oda!

As you said, Sorachi is an amazing character writer amd he's a far better troll and comedic writer than Oda.

Oda is amazing at world building, creativity in general, absurd fighting styles (like Ranma 1/2 had) but he vastly oversaturates his series now especially with characters and random plotlines and mysteries and only few characters are decent and interesting too.

One Piece, Gintama and Bobobo were my 3 Kings of trolling and absurdist humour for me. Well you can add in Bleach and Ranma too ofc lol.

But man, Bobobo and Gintama especially would fit OP so well its not even funny. I've wanted to see Hijikata meet Zoro so badly and their VA flexing his skills with them hahaha.

Jojo also reminds me of OP with its bizarre shenanigans at times especially Parts 2 and 4 with Joseph and Josuke. Also very absurd fighting styles but I've seen Jojo and HxH get compared a lot too in fight styles.

I can relate, I was extremely hyped for Wano due to Gintama funnily enough but also stuff like Bleach, Naruto, Okami, Muramasa The Demon Blade, Sengoku Basara and whatever else too.

I'll never forgive Oda for ruining ninjas like he did, I thought he and Kishi were good friends too?! No official Naruto crossover yet I think except that cover page if you will?

I know OP and Bleach never got a proper crossover too but Kubo has apparently hated Oda for years. Kinda can't blame him if it's true too.
Kubo is also another major troll too lol.

I completely agree with you anyway, you've spoken my exact thoughts and feelings and Gintama still can make me laugh, happy, smile and even cry to this day.
It's such an underrated, amazing series.

Status
Not open for further replies.